Defiance Beta

This is a discussion on Defiance Beta within the Defiance forum, part of the D; For you plus users out there, the Defiance Beta is up on the store and you can play through the ...

DON'T BLINK

Defiance Beta

For you plus users out there, the Defiance Beta is up on the store and you can play through the 25th. Here are my first thoughts on it...

So the Defiance beta on PC. Graphically it was awesome. I was surprised my computer could run it actually. The controls sucked however, the UI shitty and the questing system was borked. Having said that, I felt with a few tweaks, it could be good. But I also thought it would be better on a PS3 or 360.

Today I fired up the PS3 beta test. It is like a whole new world. Controls? Great. UI? Perfect. Questing log? Right as rain. It's almost as if this game was made for consoles and PC is an afterthought. It was the same area as in the PC beta, but was so much better.

The game comes out April 2nd for PC, PS3 and 360. The last beta tests for all three systems are listed below. Check it out if you can, and if the game is F2P, I really can recommend it... Unless PC is your only option.

And the PC version may be fixed, after all that is what beta's are for.. to test things and fix em. But as it were, if the game is F2P, I'm going PS3 for sure.

PS3 March 19 8am PDT to March 25th 9pm PDT

Xbox 360 March 22 8am PDT to March 27th 8am PDT

EDIT: I see on the Defiance preorder page for the PS3 version in small print under the price it says No Subscription Required.. So it would seem that it is going to be F2P once bought.

[/h]

Nope, nothing

I really want to play the beta for this, but sadly I don't have +

Ah well, from what I've seen it looks really cool Plus your opinion makes it sound like it runs well, Koimia

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I really want to play the beta for this, but sadly I don't have +

Ah well, from what I've seen it looks really cool Plus your opinion makes it sound like it runs well, Koimia
    So far I haven't had any problems. I could see this game selling like hotcakes if it was in the $30-$40 range. As a $60 game though, especially being dependent on a brand new tv series... it's highly questionable. Having said that, Trion also made the awesome MMO Rift (which I still play daily) and so I have some faith in this game.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I personally thought there was a lot of potential but as it stands currently it isn't that great. The voice for the computer or whatever that gives you missions is incredibly annoying. The first few missions are boring, i mean a slap in the face boring. I know its a tutorial but come on be a little bit inventive. This does get better and i assume the more you play the better it gets. I had a few missions glitch on me and left me stuck without being able to complete them w/o quitting and re doing the mission.

This is a beta so i know it isn't the final, polished version and a game like this would be getting updates frequently. Like i said, i see a lot of potential but as it stands right now it isn't too impressive too me. I'll be giving it a few more hours as it does seem the further you get into it the better it becomes but as of right now i'm not in a rush to buy the game.

PRO Member

beta wasnt bad, im getting this game day one, i didnt enjoy pvp though, so much chaos

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    beta wasnt bad, im getting this game day one, i didnt enjoy pvp though, so much chaos
    Day 1 for me as well. Maybe I'll see you in there...

As for the PVP, I never tried it, but PVP and I don't go well in any MMO. I never play on the pvp servers etc. So I'm not too worried about it in this game.