what exactly is this game?

This is a discussion on what exactly is this game? within the Defiance forum, part of the D; saw that this was coming out today, but i know very little about it, only that it is going along ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

what exactly is this game?

saw that this was coming out today, but i know very little about it, only that it is going along with a syfy series, how does it play? whats it about? any other info would be appreciated

Two Time MotM (2012/2013)

Taken from the description on IGN

The visionary open-world shooter MMOG Defiance serves as a companion to the tandem television show on Syfy. In an entertainment first, the game and show will influence and depend on each other, and even feature some players' characters on the TV shows as extras.
    Set on a future Earth, Defiance introduces players and viewers to a world where humans and aliens live together on a planet transformed by decades of conflict. The game combines the intense action of a 'AAA' console shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart weaves the rich tapestry of the world into a series with the scope, characters, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic. Because they exist in a single universe, the show and the game will influence each other and evolve together over time, with actions in both mediums driving the overall story of Defiance.
    Hopefully that helps

Sig & Avy by Dare /#KILLER_ 4 Gotham (TV Show)

All out of bubblegum.....

seems like it could be cool.... im not sold on it yet. I have tons of other games to play, and my nephew is slowly getting me back into League of Legends....
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Quote Originally Posted by SplatterScoggs View Post
    seems like it could be cool.... im not sold on it yet. I have tons of other games to play, and my nephew is slowly getting me back into League of Legends....
    Your nephew is doing you a favor. League of Legends ...(IF you can't tell my sig and avy are of a character from it . Her name is Vi )

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Here's some vids

Toggle Spoiler

All out of bubblegum.....

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A._Mailman19 View Post
    Your nephew is doing you a favor. League of Legends ...(IF you can't tell my sig and avy are of a character from it . Her name is Vi )
    yeah, i played a bit before while he lived with me for a bit. I like playing as malphite and annie... i'm pretty nub. Hit me up on there sometime, windtalker34
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Quote Originally Posted by SplatterScoggs View Post
    yeah, i played a bit before while he lived with me for a bit. I like playing as malphite and annie... i'm pretty nub. Hit me up on there sometime, windtalker34
    Will do

PRO Member

I got it today, and I'm very happy with the purchase, I feel like I'm going to spend a lot of hours in this game. Graphics are really good for a mmo, there's a lot of people playing it, but it doesn't interfere with doing quests and stuff, didn't do pvp yet, focusing on quests and getting some good guns

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakabuII View Post
    I got it today, and I'm very happy with the purchase, I feel like I'm going to spend a lot of hours in this game. Graphics are really good for a mmo, there's a lot of people playing it, but it doesn't interfere with doing quests and stuff, didn't do pvp yet, focusing on quests and getting some good guns
    sounds cool, is it MP only?

Dominate!

Rangers F.C

The visionary open-world shooter MMOG Defiance serves as a companion to the tandem television show on Syfy. In an entertainment first, the game and show will influence and depend on each other, and even feature some players' characters on the TV shows as extras.
    Set on a future Earth, Defiance introduces players and viewers to a world where humans and aliens live together on a planet transformed by decades of conflict. The game combines the intense action of a 'AAA' console shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart weaves the rich tapestry of the world into a series with the scope, characters, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic. Because they exist in a single universe, the show and the game will influence each other and evolve together over time, with actions in both mediums driving the overall story of Defiance.
    Fuck me , this sounds epic . I really hope they pull it off , does the game and show launch the same time ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Fuck me , this sounds epic . I really hope they pull it off , does the game and show launch the same time ?
    The show premieres April 15 I believe.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    sounds cool, is it MP only?

It's an MMO so yes. Now if you mean is it only PVP, then no.

I'm currently downloading it now

PRO Member

The game is only online, there's no open world pvp, it's like open world coop, and there's ton of people playing it, you can also go to battlegrounds which are like pvp matches, Tdms and stuff, you cannot play this game offline

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 6 - Silver

From what I read and watched it looks really promising. I'm going to pick it up soon as pay day comes around. I've never played an MMO before but this just sparked my interest. Plus its F2P, no subscription costs which is cool.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider