Char Tendency Not Changing

This is a discussion on Char Tendency Not Changing within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; I'm trying to get pure white character tendency for the Friend's ring, and I keep killing the NPC Black Phantoms ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Char Tendency Not Changing

I'm trying to get pure white character tendency for the Friend's ring, and I keep killing the NPC Black Phantoms that are supposed to raise my tendency up. I've killed 7 of them and I'm only at +3 towards white. I started at Neutral, and haven't killed any innocents to drop the tendency at all. Am I doing something wrong?

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Press_enter View Post
    I'm trying to get pure white character tendency for the Friend's ring, and I keep killing the NPC Black Phantoms that are supposed to raise my tendency up. I've killed 7 of them and I'm only at +3 towards white. I started at Neutral, and haven't killed any innocents to drop the tendency at all. Am I doing something wrong?
    Something seems a bit off here. There are only five NPCs in each NG that sway Character tendency toward white. How did you manage to kill seven? Or is this over the span of multiple playthroughs? Also, are you certain you started with neutral character tendency (CT)? If you had neutral CT, killing the five NPCs should get you to PWCT.

The only sane person here

Make sure you kill them by weapon or magic and don't kill them by environment death it won't work trust me.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    Make sure you kill them by weapon or magic and don't kill them by environment death it won't work trust me.
    Yes, this, and poison as well; they can't be poisoned or it won't take effect.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yes, this, and poison as well; they can't be poisoned or it won't take effect.
    Damn. And here I thought I was being clever. It is across multiple playthroughs, but I did use poison to help me out because casting magic takes forever and I'm not an expert at the combat system yet. Thanks for the heads up though.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Press_enter View Post
    Damn. And here I thought I was being clever. It is across multiple playthroughs, but I did use poison to help me out because casting magic takes forever and I'm not an expert at the combat system yet. Thanks for the heads up though.
    Using poison is fine, as long as the killing blow is via some other method (e.g., magic/melee).