Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Upcoming Demon's Souls PVP Tourney Announcement

This is a discussion on Upcoming Demon's Souls PVP Tourney Announcement within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; So guys, JackAttack and I were talking and want to put together a Demon's Souls PVP tourny of sorts. All ...

Harvester of Souls

Upcoming Demon's Souls PVP Tourney Announcement

So guys, JackAttack and I were talking and want to put together a Demon's Souls PVP tourny of sorts. All rules aren't yet finished and only want a turnout number to see if worthwhile to hold first. Way thinking working out so far is the Host will be the Judge and probably be Jack or myself or anyone caring to help during this and battle between the Blue Phantom and the Red Invader. Using stones will help this work out much more easily as well. Post your ideas and thoughts and if you definitely can do this at some point coming up. Date and time is negotiable and can span some length to coincide with everyone's daily lives if need be.

Feel free to post any special rulings you may want implemented such as limited healing grasses or weapons OR if you have any extra suggestions that could help this work much better. Depending on turnout will determine the Server version used, as their are three for those that are unaware, US, Japan(Asian), and EU servers that are all separate at this time due to different publishings. Looking at two separate tourneys and welcome to join into both if have the copies(as I do ). Level requirements aren't yet set either and be announced with the tourney officialization.

NeroDemon Awaits your Soul!

~RULES FOR TOURNAMENT~

• Soul Level 115-125 limits. Please be somewhere in this range to ensure summoning and invading works properly.
    • 3 Limit Max per healing item. All other items are allowed. Unlimited use of firebombs, spices, kunai, etc.
    • No push-locking, spell glitching, or item glitching allowed for this tourney, however, full authorization for other tactics permitted. (AkA stunlocking, backstabs, circling, etc)
    • Anti-Magic Field is restricted and may NOT be used during the tournament. Character breaking spell and also lags down game to extreme points.
    • All other spells and weapons are permitted. Any builds and methods are allowed.
    • Duels are to be fought phantom VS phantom, with Host as the judge and sometimes another phantom
    • No Assisting the fight if you're not intended to be in it. Means if black phantom is about to win, the host can't jump in and interfere.
    • Any actions deemed to result in a DQ are up to the Host's discretion and if illegal actions are done during the match, may be discussed after the battle or whatever in a select chat-room, TBD.
    • Date and location TBD as well. At discretion of participants on when duels are to be held.
    • Duels most likely will be fought in area 4-1 of the Storm King's area. Good dueling area within archstone location. Can change however to fit participants level completion.
    Last edited by NeroRadec707; 04-23-2012 at 03:39 PM.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Negator

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm available to join/host for any of the three regions.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Hello all, just wanted to spit out a few ideas for the tourney. Feel free to agree/disagree with any of them, and please post your own.

I was thinking it *might* be cool to have a SL 712 tourney, where everyone is at max level, and thus have a full arsenal at their disposal. It truly allows for the utmost creativity, as no one is limited. Because of the max HP, Second Chance would not be allowed, and grassing would probably be limited to around 3 Dark Moon Grasses per battle. The tourney would be a double elimination, with each round being a best of 3 series.

Those are just my personal ideas, but I hope you come up with more. There's also nothing wrong with your average SL 120 PvP match where builds are more individualized. Whatever you guys want.

I look forward to hopefully hosting and/or dueling it off with the best of you. Let's hope we can get this tourney rolling!

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Negator

Without going into a long speech about how horrible a SL712 tourney would be, I'll just leave it at "that's a bad idea".

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Without going into a long speech about how horrible a SL712 tourney would be, I'll just leave it at "that's a bad idea".
    Fair enough, just throwing out ideas.

Harvester of Souls

Also, several tourneys may be held, jsut all dependant as stated on the turnout. Hell, prolly end up being just almost the four of us.. or few more, . Wonder if Borken still has copy or Comp would.. Bodi maybe and D3 if can talk him to it .

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Also, several tourneys may be held, jsut all dependant as stated on the turnout. Hell, prolly end up being just almost the four of us.. or few more, . Wonder if Borken still has copy or Comp would.. Bodi maybe and D3 if can talk him to it .
    If D3C1 is in, we can already name him the winner lol. Either way, I'm in, but I'd need Hitman to give me my shit back.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

дурак

Yeah I'll throw my hat in as well. I'm horrible at PvP, even more so in Demon's Souls, but might as well just for shits and giggles.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

Negator

You guys had better get your shit together soon:

Demon's Souls Going Offline End Of May - News - www.GameInformer.com

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    If D3C1 is in, we can already name him the winner lol. Either way, I'm in, but I'd need Hitman to give me my shit back.
    I'll see about giving it back to you.

Harvester of Souls

We still have until the end of next month and planned be doing this by end of this month anywyas, regardless of the servers used.

Besides if worse comes to worst, we will simply need to use a EU or JP server game . Which i'm free for both, but only 720 character on JP version. CBA to do more than once... unless soulsucking cheatzor or simply extensive dueling with higher levles, but still.. long ass time and grind.

Negator

This announcement only pertains to the Atlus run servers, but since Asian servers have been online longer, and EU servers have been dead for over a year, it wouldn't surprise me if they were all on the chopping block.

Still waiting for an official word from Namco Bandai.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm in for a tourny for the US servers because Im too cheap to buy multiple copies of the same game hahaha

Harvester of Souls

Definitely want to have one final go in for the US servers and most people have those anyways it seems. That will be one to definitely go into.

Thinking some time around first week in May perhaps. Gives a bit of time between now and then to boost up on this. Winner may receive a Pro-grade or a PSN card whichever anyone wants to help get .

SL TBD but figuring between 80-120ish. All weapons allowed and same goes for any character builds you can do for that range. Haven't determined any illegal moves yet so will figure out later. Any specific rules other than your basic one on one fights and all, let me know by posting here or on my wall. Thanks everyone.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Limited healing; should be allowed to have a total of 3 grasses of choice, if not less. I'd also say Second Chance is OK as well, but that's just my thoughts. A lot of people dislike it for some competitive play, so whatever the general public thinks, I'm okay with.

Kiwi Defender

Definitely want to have one final go in for the US servers and most people have those anyways it seems. That will be one to definitely go into.

Thinking some time around first week in May perhaps. Gives a bit of time between now and then to boost up on this. Winner may receive a Pro-grade or a PSN card whichever anyone wants to help get .

SL TBD but figuring between 80-120ish. All weapons allowed and same goes for any character builds you can do for that range. Haven't determined any illegal moves yet so will figure out later. Any specific rules other than your basic one on one fights and all, let me know by posting here or on my wall. Thanks everyone.
    I say allow everything, ilegal moves included. If we include whatever pussies include as 'illegal', it allows for a much more accurate impression of how DS PvP really is lol.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I think your average SL 120 characters would be better because it allows it to be more diverse in what equipment/spells people use for different types of builds. Plus no ruling out spells but items should have limited uses for obvious reasons.

'You're a soldier! Finish your mission! Show your loyalty! Face me.'

Harvester of Souls

I was average SL 120.. BUT NOW I'm 170 to help someone and they never got back with me.. >:F wasted some time and shit. Now need someone with soulsucker to suck me down to least bout 130 again for the tourny. Net is geared up and my skills are out of whack soo not looking to win without some douch tactics in my favor.

All spells are fair game. No coming in enchanted OR buffed cept by constants on armor. Come in reg and cast after the bowing by the Judge of the event. blue phantom VS red phantom.. Human host. Summon red with red stone so if you have it, please use it as not all this level will.

Kiwi Defender

Summon red with red stone so if you have it, please use it as not all this level will.
    And if I don't have it and can't get it? lol

Toggle Spoiler

Negator

As soon as the rules get figured out, I'll start building my (final ) DS PvP build.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast