How come I was able to penetrate the fog?

This is a discussion on How come I was able to penetrate the fog? within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; In section 1-2 there is a deep fog unlike any other fog in the game just after defeating the tower ...

Bob 'n' Becca

How come I was able to penetrate the fog?

In section 1-2 there is a deep fog unlike any other fog in the game just after defeating the tower knight. This fog blocks the player from reaching section 1-3. Now the reason in starting this thread is because I've beaten the tower knight before and been stopped by the fog with it saying that I needed a major demons soul. Basically either Astraea the dragon god the old monk or the storm gods. I'm in ng+. I beat the phalanx and I realised I still had poison cloud equipped so I went to go fight the tower knight in an attempt to turn world one pure white. Well I beat the tower knight and proceeded to the fog in an attempt to just see the text that blocks me. Instead I got a cutscenes with the fog being lifted. I fought through the first world and killed the penetrator. Since I knew I didn't have the right equipment for the blue dragon I went back to the nexus and I realised I hadn't even spoken to the monumental yet for the play through. Any idea why I was able to proceed so far?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Negator

In New Game+(+++++ etc), if you have the soul of an Archdemon (ie - Astraea, Old Monk, Dragon God, etc), the game will let you progress through the dense fog at the end of 1-2.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Bob 'n' Becca

You mean if I've had it at all or if I actually still have it in my possession? I believe I did still have all of those souls and either way I was able to penetrate it so I'm not complaining. I still have neutral if not white tendency. I need pure white though.

Negator

You have to have an Archdemon soul either on you or with Stockpile Thomas to pass the fog.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Bob 'n' Becca

That solves that. Thanks.