Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Garl Vinland BP

This is a discussion on Garl Vinland BP within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; Yeah, it appears so. I'm still a bit confused about the whole ladder being down in 5-1 thing, though. That ...

KCCO!

Yeah, it appears so. I'm still a bit confused about the whole ladder being down in 5-1 thing, though. That does make one think that he did, indeed, have PWWT. However, Garl wasn't there. I've never known DS to be a glitchy game, so I don't know what gives. BTW, you are right, the only way to get PWWT, I believe is to kill bosses/primeval demons/named NPC BP's or killing BP invaders. I suppose he could try "boosting" his way to PWWT if someone is willing to invade him several times and let him win.

Closing this account

Maybe he got the EU version. I read somewhere if BP Garl not there, just reload the game. Not sure if it works. I had bever found a primeval demons in world 5. I found 2 BP NPC's before but I dont know if it was a glitch or dumb luck.

PRO Member

There seem to be some confusion here. The last weapon i need is bramd that is droped from garl vinland when he spawns as the black phantom. The only way he will be a bp is when he is killed(normal verson) and killed the maiden. If you go back to nexus and go back again to 5.4 he should be there again only now in bp for this you need pwwt.

I was confused because i was 100% sure that i had pwwt, but he was not there. So the only way i could confirm that i had pwwt was to backtrack to 5.1 and to see if the ladder was down so you could reach to weapon istarelle! and it was. And he will not spawn still.

Then i did a kamikase trip to the world 5 just to see if this would bring selen to spawn.

She only appairs when i have almost pwwt when i have pwwt she is not there. This may be the first qlue that the game can glitch! although she will not appair if i kill here brother normal version. Regardless if i have pwwt or almost pwwt.

I dont know why actually, but i can confirm it sins i use the ladder in 5.1 to confirm my pwwt.

So now i am working my way through the game again. When i reach world 5 again in my ng+6 i will kamikase in nexus after each demon is destroyd. If this dosen't do the trick it must be a glitch, but i don't know if this is a region thing? though it's kinda strange sins the game is what it is.

I do play on the eu server! and i tried to relogg the game, but still no Garl Vinland. Only thing left is to go through the game again and see if the kamikase thing pays up
    Last edited by ěl_brilla; 08-22-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Closing this account

PRO Member

Uppdate.

Garl vinland appairs. After 2 full playthrougs he finale appairs for me. though i don't know why he clitch on 2 playthrougs! i did have pwwt. Thanks to tip from jay_hawk and elpoko he did appair in ng+6. Only need to kill him at this point! should be easy enough.

Closing this account

Cool. Now go get that

PRO Member

Well the plat finaly appairs.

If other people have problems with this glitch! then this may help you.

Make sure you have pwct and then go in souls form when you first enter world 5. After each demon is destroyd go back to nexus and kamikase yourself. Make sure you are always in soul form.

This glitch happen's on the eu server.

If you are in human form/revived and you kill all the bosses without dying he may glitch on you! so just to be sure go always in soul form if you are trying to get the bramd.

Negator

I'm not so sure I think this is a 'glitch'. It's possible that you didn't have PWWT in The Valley of Defilement (World 5) yet. "Near" PWWT looks an awful lot like PWWT, so they're easy to confuse. To make matters worse, once you realize BP Garl Vinland isn't in 5-3, it's already too late to shift that world towards white if you've killed all the other natural BPs throughout the world.

I played through EU version about 30 times, in both body and soul form and never once had any issues with tendency related events in the game. I never had any issues on any of my 3 copies of Demon's Souls to be honest.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Yeah that's what i thought to! that a may have almost pwwt, but to see and confirmed that i had pwwt i had to back track to 5.1 to see if the ladder was down. The ladder that will lead you to the istarelle weapon wich can only be optained with pwwt. So it's a bit confusing.

Negator

As long as you've obtained PWWT at some point during the current playthrough, the ladder will remain down, even if you're not PWWT currently.

So I'm assuming that you had PWWT and then lost it, thus leaving the ladder in a down position, but at the same time not meeting the stipulations for BP Garl to spawn.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Ok. This could be the case, but i had 2 playthrougs.

1. wich i died on my way to the second boss, but i had pwwt after second boss. No death after him.

2. I died before first boss, but had pwwt after 1 boss. No deaths after that.

3. Finaly third time! this time i had pwct as well as pwwt. No deaths, and went to nexus to suicide after each demon. That worked.

On my 2 playthrough i did a kamikase trip to 5.4 archstone. Just a desperat attept to see if it would make him spawn. After my death i went from pure to almost pure i checked the ladder and it was up i couldent reach it. So am not sure tbh

Uppdate.

Went back to world 5 to test the ladder thing! this time it was up again! After i died once. Anyway if people have the same problem they can test out the same method as i did.
    Last edited by ěl_brilla; 08-25-2012 at 02:34 AM.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    As long as you've obtained PWWT at some point during the current playthrough, the ladder will remain down, even if you're not PWWT currently.

So I'm assuming that you had PWWT and then lost it, thus leaving the ladder in a down position, but at the same time not meeting the stipulations for BP Garl to spawn.
    I thought this was the case, but was unsure. I distinctly remember the door to Esmirelda (sp) staying open after obtaining PWWT in 1-1.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    I thought this was the case, but was unsure. I distinctly remember the door to Esmirelda (sp) staying open after obtaining PWWT in 1-1.
    You're lucky, I was never able to get to Esmeralda, so I was forced to settle for Executioner Miralda instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12