View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

5 7.94%
  • 3 - Moderate

13 20.63%
  • 4 - Hard

32 50.79%
  • 5 - Very Hard

13 20.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; I would say easy but the new NG+++ made it hard for me to get collectibles in my run, so ...

The only sane person here

I would say easy but the new NG+++ made it hard for me to get collectibles in my run, so I give it a 3 while the bosses were easy with the right weapon and spell.

Bob 'n' Becca

I just voted 4 but I should've voted 3, simply because I had a ton of weapons dropped to me, and eventually, after losing my original data where I was a hair away from a Platinum, I found out about the duplication glitch and used that to raise my level quickly. The game is really easy with a high level.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The biggest problem I had with this game was dealing with the ridicule I constantly received from my roommates while I was playing it. I played entirely offline, and was going to be legit and not dupe at all, but the mental strain I was receiving in the real world over this game made me decide to expedite the process and get it done ASAP. Anyway, I did the grinding and such on my own, but I did use dupes on the Boss souls in order to reduce play-throughs. It took me around 50 hours altogether. And I loved it. If you do the research behind the game this plat isn't too hard at all.

In any case, I give it a 4/5. The challenge lies in doing the plat without using the internet in ANY WAY. With the Demon's Souls wiki this was more like a 3/5. ; )

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3/5...hell less if you have someone drop weapons and such for you and/or if you use the duplication glitch. Manipulating Tendencies, specific events and grinding rare drops (Pure Bladestone...) made getting the platinum more of a time consuming chore then a challenge. The game's difficulty becomes far less grueling the more you learn over time and once you know the game pretty well it becomes a complete joke. I didn't even bother with the online aspect at all cause the whole "Invading" people's games just sounded dumb and the PvP...honestly looked stupid as hell. So glad I'm done with this game...selling this asap.

500th Trophy: Demon's Souls Platinum

Death to zombies!!

I went for Hard wasnt untill i hit NG+ that i decided this but as people have said, if you get all the weapons, rings etc dropped for you this is a very easy platinum to get

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate - The game is much easier co-op and if you share weapons for the Soldier's Trophy (collect all Unique Weapons) other wise i would rate it a Hard

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I went with 4/5 but flirting with moderate though. If you are playing legit or even semi legit there can be a boss or two that's difficult...mainly the two kings. Doran especially (hardest damn guy in the game and he wasn't even a mandatory boss, wtf?)... I hear the darkmoon stone can take some time to get but I got the pure on that one by blind luck I guess but the bladestone did take a couple hours of grinding. Tendency events are frustrating yet very doable. More of a time-consuming plat than a difficult one but things do get considerably harder on ng+ and onward.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I say Dark Souls is hard but Demons Souls can be classified as very hard. The plat can take some time due to the fact most upgrades take time to farm (e.i. PBS) and the difficulty can be frustrating. In the end the plat for this game is one of the most deserving.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The game is hard. Errors is not allowed. The game is for tactics, not for mashing buttons. The game could be frustrating at certain times, but if you got the rhythm of the game, it could be easy. I plated the game within 3 playthroughs. It is also possible to get the platinum trophy within 1 playthrough. You must need a friend to drop you some items and a lil' item duplicating.

BR▄TAL Avy & Sig by dsluckay!

PRO Member

I voted hard, but it could easely be moderate! if you have a drop off with weapons and rings. I did get a boost from elpoko with some weapons/rings, but i wanted to get it legit so i farmed for the stuff myself . This was mainly because i needed the bramd and garl vinland glitched on 2 playthrougs.

The first playthroug was hard i started with magican! though it semms going CQC on demon's souls was a better choice compared to dark souls where magic was a hughe advantidge. Ng+ was like playing the game for first time, but this run you know how to defeat each demon etc.

Total time before the plat was in place is 72 hurs. The pure bladestone did take 17 hours haha, but i read that people have grinded it for 30+ hours so it's not so bad.

Some more waiting and the dlc will be released for Dark Souls. Cant wait.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Moderate. I finished Demons Souls a longer while ago (now playing Dark Souls) but I see that I haven't voted here yet. First and foremost Demons Souls has both equipment with reasonable HP and MP regeneration. As I'm a patient man that made the game for the most part quite easy for me. Also almost all difficult bosses can be poisoned and a fight avoided because with the right equipment you can just stay out of side (works for Boss 1-2, 1-4, 2-2, 3-2 to give some examples), additionally there is a stat unrelated sword that does a huge amount of damage at a certain character tendency. The game is easy to abuse (unlike Dark Souls) and so the most difficult part was the grinding. I lacked paying appropriate attention to the crystal lizards and I had to play into NG+++ for, if I remember correctly, the Pure Darkmoonstone that only drops rarely from two lizards in the game. Another aspect that needs attention is the tendency system because it's also required for a trophy, however not in a difficult way if you know what to do and get it out of the way as soon as possible. Oh and btw I was lucky with the Pure Bladestone, took me merely about 40 tries (90 minutes).

Saints Row IV

5- Very Hard

1-You die, you lose every soul.Yep i have lost a lot of souls and the deaths that take you to the start of the level still haunt my mind...
    2-Some of the stones need hell a lot of time to get
    3-Everything needs time to upgrade and get(Weapons,armor)
    4-Trendencies messed up with me cause the online.I learned my lesson
    5-You need patience EVERYWHERE.You dont just run.You think tactics on how to attack and flank the enemies

Overall very hard with
    -no glitches used on bosses (Ex Maneaters)
    -No online dumping for stones or weapons

It get easy if you dump all the weapons,stones and rings

Not reccomended for the run and attack idiots
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

arrghhargahragharahg

I rated Very Hard because:

You die, you start over
    You die again, all your souls are lost
    You die
    Pure Bladestone
    Hours upon hours of dying
    Game can get really frustrating at times.
    You die
    For the most part, the bosses were easy. It was getting to them alive that was the real challenge.
    I wasn't used to this type of game. After NG++ it became much easier (as I got used to the gameplay, tactics, etc.)
    I still died....
    At the end though, when I only needed two more trophies, I was albe to boost, and recieved a bit of help.
    I still died....
    Overall a great game, took alot of patience, grinding, and cursing.
    Extremely busy at the moment. I have not forgotten those that I am helping, so fear not!
    Sig by DaRe_xLw
    !!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted moderate but only because of the dup exploit. otherwise I would say hard or very hard (I also got lucky with drops minimal farming) only needed one and a little extra plays to plat.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted easy because yea sure it was time consuming but I played with a friend and had so much fun. Plus once you figure out how to fight the bosses you really don't have much trouble from there.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I boosted most of the stones, but I don't feel that farming, time consumtion trophies, should increase the difficulty. The difficulty was moderate, Old King Doran was a bitch, but after 4 or 5 tries he went down. Nothing like COD classic boat map where you actually had to perform excellent to pass without losing hp. But this was more, just don't fail, king of difficulty.
    At the beginning I would've voted 4/5 but when I got into the feeling of my character's life is my life, it went easier.

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 1 - Bronze

RoarOfWar, Too bad you saw it as a chore.

Based off of this comment, we wouldn't be very good friends hahaha.
    Glad you sold it.
    -I will die with this game buried in my right hand and Ocarina of Time in the left.
    Last edited by treehuggerzcare; 06-30-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: To specify who this was to.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

o_O My face for 3 straight days of playing Demon's Souls

Just got it about 10 hours ago, and I would say a 5 if you've done EVERYTHING legit.
    I say 4 with glitching and exploits and I feel that way because of how hard it is to understand each aspect of this game even when given all the guides.
    World and Character Tendency require some thought and discussion with friends, and every new playthrough leaves you about where you left off with the last one as far as difficulty goes.
    Farming for stone is easy if your luck is any higher than base stat, create a character specifically for farming stone if need be a "Luck Build," I call it.
    The game is very hard, and I applaud all who don't give up playing it.
    However, as with all games, it's a matter of time, dedication, and learning how to counter each enemy.
    I LOVE THIS GAME!
    -Can't wait to Plat Dark Souls

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I loved playing this game and getting this Plat was a real accomplishment. I actually did the whole process twice, for two different screen names.

Depending on how you play the game, this Plat can be either Hard or Moderate in difficulty. My first Plat was legit without duping or having items dropped for me. I spent HOURS and HOURS grinding for pure stones and souls. Not at all a quick or easy process.

My 2nd Plat was made a lot easier. I was summoned into world 1-4 by a random, very benevolent host. After helping him beat a few invading BPs and killing the blue dragon, he dropped a Pure Bladestone for me! You can imagine my surprise. That cut out a HUGE chunk of farming time. Such a great game!
    Sometimes, I wish life had a Pause Button....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLYON_-_ View Post
    I rated Very Hard because:

You die, you start over
    You die again, all your souls are lost
    You die
    Pure Bladestone
    Hours upon hours of dying
    Game can get really frustrating at times.
    You die
    For the most part, the bosses were easy. It was getting to them alive that was the real challenge.
    I wasn't used to this type of game. After NG++ it became much easier (as I got used to the gameplay, tactics, etc.)
    I still died....
    At the end though, when I only needed two more trophies, I was albe to boost, and recieved a bit of help.
    I still died....
    Overall a great game, took alot of patience, grinding, and cursing.

This. Although I was lucky to have a friend willing to hand over some items and stones I was missing. The playthrough was frustrating the first time through due to me being used to more easy, lax games. (ie Dragon Age). But after the second playthrough, it became a bit more easier due to me being more used to the harshness and overall gameplay. Although I didn't get the platinum for quite a while due to the stones...especially Pure Bladestone. Thankfully, as I mentioned, a friend of mine was willing to hand over the few items and stones I was missing.

Toggle Spoiler

Will you play for the love of the game or die as a coward?
    Will Not Accept Blank Friend Requests

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast