View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

5 7.94%
  • 3 - Moderate

13 20.63%
  • 4 - Hard

32 50.79%
  • 5 - Very Hard

13 20.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

in a kup

Demon's Souls is one of the harder platinums that I have. Due to the fact that the weapon's based trophies are the hardest to obtain. If you are not having someone drop them for you, then you are spending countless hours farming for that Pure Bladestone. Very frusturating. This game does take some time to get used to.

PRO Member

I think this is one of the harder games on the PS3. I have yet to complete the game but, I do fully intend to finish it some day. This game reminds me of some of the old-school games where you don't get checkpoints or auto saves; if you die 4/5 of the way through a level, guess what... start over, haha. There in lies most of the difficulty. In addition, you must play through the game multiple times with New Game+ and the difficulty of the enemies scales up immensely. These additional playthroughs are for the cumulative trophies.

I can't officially vote for this plat yet but, I would rate it pretty high at this point.

KCCO!

Well, after having platted the game 3 times, here are my thoughts.

The difficulty of the game stems from a few things.

When you start off, the enemies are reasonably strong and some can easily kill you with 1 or 2 hits. As you progress through the game and level up, your damage resistance increases so it mitigates this, but it always feels like the enemies level up with you, so it doesn't give you a reason to snooze.

The game has many aspects of it where an enemy will come out of nowhere, the floor will cave in under you and you fall to your doom, and other tricky aspects of it that you wouldn't expect. Only from playing multiple times do you learn where these tricky parts are. The enemy attacks and patterns are also something that you can learn over time and learn to combat with proper methods and equipment.

Also, the fact that if you die the game starts you at the beginning of each stage, much like the old-style "hardcore" games of yesteryear. This can certainly be frustrating, especially for the longer stages or the stages where there's that one enemy that is a pain to kill to get past.

Ultimately, the game can be "learned" over time and becomes less and less difficult, but it does require a good investment of time in learning the fighting mechanics, how weapons and upgrades relate to your stats, and so forth.

The collectables in the game present the other "difficult" part of the game. While there are many weapons and rings that are easily acquired, there are others that aren't so straightforward. You have to manipulate the world's "tendency" system, or face specific bosses in order to acquire those precious drops, and some of those bosses are tough. Aside from that, some drops are very rare so it can be very time-consuming.

Royal Flush X2

4 Hard or 7/10 First off this is told from someone who got plat without any boosting or duping, 100% alone. The game is hard but it's not extreme hard but is time consuming. It's really when you die you go back to the start of the section of the world. Most of the bosses are easy to medium difficulty with only the False King being tough as he had no weakness. It will take around 3 1/2 playthroughs. Grinding for some of the rare pure stones is annoying as if you don't get the pure darkmoon stones on the limted crystal lizards then you must try again on another playthrough. Grinding for a pure Bladestone sucks as it has a very small chance of dropping and is all lucked base, it took me several hours of grinding for this. Overall just take your time, prepare right for each level and bosses and it will be a doable plat.
    Last edited by omnislash; 08-18-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

4 - Hard

I seriously consider this borderline moderate. This games difficulty is blown way out proportion by a lot of people who play it. It takes 3 and 1/2 times playing through the game to get it done, which isn't that bad. The levels are fairly long, and dying causes a stiff penalty in losing all your souls (but having the opportunity to retrieve them). Figuring out what stones come from where isn't too hard, and manipulating the world tendency to get those rare weapons and rings is a bit of a pain, but not impossible. The game has good enough controls, and enough spells that are borderline abusive that nothing is ever truly that hard. I had more problems with people joining my game and killing me than the majority of the games natural enemies. I ended up playing my last couple playthroughs offline to alleviate that annoyance.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 4 - Silver

3 - moderate

Mainly beacuase of this trophy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard: because the game was ONLY hard. No, sorry: the game was very hard, the platinum wasn't. As long as you keep an eye out for what you're doing, the trophies aren't that hard. After my first playthrough I only missed 5 trophies or so. You do need 3 and a half playthroughs, but it's a great game, so it doesn't become a chore. While a lot of people consider this one of the hardest plats out there, I disagree. I platted the game in about 70-80 hours (which I don't consider long), without anyone's help.
    30 outta 48 plats!!

Next up: Batman AC, Skyrim, COD MW3!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

4hard ,hmm my first and favorite plat be going for dark souls plat in a few days

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Moderate if you use glitches or exploits, hard if you are doing everything legit. Damn you Pure Bladestone

PRO Member

Hard - Doing it solo, without soul glitches and duping definitely ramps up the difficulty. Certain areas and boss-fights, really had me raging (BP Stasuki, ugh I hated him) I don't consider grinding for Pures hard, although it is time-consuming.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 5 - Silver

Hard, some people still say moderate or easy or not hard, everyone does have an opinion true. Any game where you play it and the only way to advance without guides or help,is too..

1-advance every new area every new corner basically every new ASPECT of a level with your shield up ,walking ,not running ,or you may die in 2-3 hits from STANDARD enemys,yet alone the upgraded standard enemys,or damn some you just plain run away from.

2-die over and over and over and over until you figure out what works against these said enemys/bosses without running.

3-Have an extreme amount of patience and persaverance for learning the ropes of this game,and to die while you keep trying.

ok,thats some simple opinions from me why this is a game which falls into the hard category,true like with any game ,it does become easier,and farming is for real time consuming, but based on a first impression,like the first time i nose dived off the side of whatever at the Boletarian Palace,first run,its a bitch,and some ppl, not all, play games the first time thinkn this will be cool fun,than YOU HAVE DIED,and your like oh right i didnt have my superman cape on damn it,all in fun.
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 10-15-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Huge Gaming Backlog

The hardest but most rewarding plat I've got so far. It was particually hard without boosting too. I played online for ages and wondered why I couldn't get pure white tendencies. Apparently when your online it goes of an average of everybody else online. Once I stopped playing online it was easier. There was a bit of grinding looking for materials to upgrade weapons. It was a bit annoying when you need for example 3 shards of marrowstone and you already have 6 chunks of marrowstone. I thought to myself can't the weapon smith just break up the bloody chunks to get shards.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

If you know how to play and know every area strategy the game will be very easy

as long as you catch your shield and know how to use it

Closing this account

To me I had to say easy only because I asked a lot of questions and i replayed the game so many times because i didnt know if i wanted to be a knight, wanderer or whatever. I was very used to the grinding only because i wanted to make sure i was about to defeat whatever was coming my way. I did the each world in order but when i figure out i didnt have to, ah man those enemies were in a pain of trouble. i did about 4 play-thru's. i did 1 play-thru(ok like 10 mins online) never again. Offline is better. if your a ranged fighter like myself and dont mind grinding....this game could be easy but only for those that dont rush to finish quick. the only hard parts i can say about this game are the demon fights were you need to get up close and personal but as i said before....am a ranged fighter which helped me a lot in this game.

PRO Member

For me personally, I'm going with moderate only because I had 2 of the weapons dropped for me because I wasn't having any luck with getting the pure stones dropped. If you're doing it legit, I would go with hard primarily because of the luck needed for certain drops. The 1st and 2nd playthrough of the game are tough, but rewarding. Subsequent ones (NG++ and NG+++) are not at all bad and if you know the shortcuts (i.e. 4-1), you can breeze through the game.

Kiwi Defender

Easy. The difficulty is over-exaggerated and you can cheaply make your way across the game (or ask someone for help). The item-related trophies can be easily obtained by asking someone to drop them for you, devaluating the 's difficulty. When the servers close, the difficulty would be moderate/hard.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Harvester of Souls

Agreeing with Nagflar here with easy simply because items can be dropped and apparenlty boss souls even duped so yeah. Buteven without this, still only time consuming and once you know how to play the game, becomes super easy and just need to know where and how to get something.. BAM, grind for set amount of time till you get it. Done, but nothing that you "can't" really accomplish. Then again, I have 3 plats(each version) and nearly 3,000 Hours logged into playing this game... >:F Don't judge me!!!

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Id say it isnt too bad to 100% if you do it all solo but it was actually an enjoyable platinum. Cant say that for many other games.
    "There was never a good war, or a bad peace." Benjamin Franklin

"He who angers you, conquers you." Elizabeth Kenny

Negator

Voted 3/5 - some of the tendency events and Pure Bladestone farming make it hard.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast