Pure bladestone required for platinum!

This is a discussion on Pure bladestone required for platinum! within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; Hello Forum I am one pure bladestone away from my platinum. I am level 354 with 99 luck, PBWT, PBCT, ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Pure bladestone required for platinum!

Hello Forum

I am one pure bladestone away from my platinum.

I am level 354 with 99 luck, PBWT, PBCT, and have been using the LSoS. I spent 6 hours straight yesterday farming the Black Double Katana Skeleton in the Secret passage on 3-2.

Can anyone save me the trauma of more grinding for this rediculous shard and trade or drop me one?

Id certainly owe you a favor... Platinum 49 for me... 50 here we come!!

Thanks

Nick
    Gaming... Keeping me out of trouble since 1992

"Gotta Plat Them All!!"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by that.guy.nick View Post
    Hello Forum

I am one pure bladestone away from my platinum.

I am level 354 with 99 luck, PBWT, PBCT, and have been using the LSoS. I spent 6 hours straight yesterday farming the Black Double Katana Skeleton in the Secret passage on 3-2.

Can anyone save me the trauma of more grinding for this rediculous shard and trade or drop me one?

Id certainly owe you a favor... Platinum 49 for me... 50 here we come!!

Thanks

Nick
    Found your problem. You should've kept it at the default setting.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Since Aug. 09

i feel your very close...get back after it!

Dominate!

PRO Member

See I would just drop you the weapon regardless of region as I have the plat in all regions and all the weapons and stuff I farmed to help others out, however you are wayyyy past my levels. I only have characters around SL120

* EDIT - If you can get someone to Soulsuck you down to my level I would be more then happy to drop you the weapon you need for plat.

Negator

350 is an outrageous Soul Level to begin with, but the 99 LCK is what killed your chances of getting an easy Pure Bladestone drop. The lower the LCK, the better your chance is for rare drops. Higher LCK will increase the chance for standard drops and make rare drops extremely rare. In addition, the Large Sword of Searching is hurting you as well, since it only increases the possibility of an item drop, and has zero effect on the rarity.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Hey Forum!!

I have shifted from Auckland to Taupo in the last few weeks and this has meant ive had no internet, sorry for the delayed response. Thank you all so much for your responses.... Very helpful. I am this rediculous level because after failing to find the stone I thought id make my luck 99 and this would shorten my grind period.... Apparently not

"Broken", if you would be so kind, I will get a character to level 120. Are you still happy to let me borrow your weapon? Like I said, id owe you one. Im in New Zealand, im not sure what region that puts me in, ive never put much focus on regions etc during my gaming.

"Gotta Plat Them All!!"

Negator

The region is specific to the game itself. If it's the EU version, then you'll only be able to play with people on the EU version. The same is true for NA and AS region disks.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My Demon Souls case is Region 1, which is a little strange as the majority of my games are Region 4. Never the less.

Attention all: I have raised a character to lvl 110, if you would be so kind as to let me borrow a weapon, or take a pure sharpstone, id be very grateful! Please add me: "thatguynick" and put demon souls in the messege so I dont think its a random add.

Thanks forum

"Gotta Plat Them All!!"

Negator

You can send me an add, just put "Demon's Souls Pure Bladestone" in the message.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Okay Helyx, will do that tonight. Thanks so much.

While im here, maybe you can answer some of my noob questions. Although I use guides I very rarely use the forums.

How do you receive the various awards at the bottom of your trophy card?

Also, how do you tag yourself to threads so you are notified when there is a post?

Cheers

"Gotta Plat Them All!!"

Negator

I believe you get awards after having 50 forum posts.

To Subscribe to a thread, you click "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, then click "Subscribe to this Thread". They will display in your Control Panel (CP).

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Bloody legend.

Ps. Just missed you by 2x hours. Ill try again tommorrow same time.

"Gotta Plat Them All!!"

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    See I would just drop you the weapon regardless of region as I have the plat in all regions and all the weapons and stuff I farmed to help others out, however you are wayyyy past my levels. I only have characters around SL120

* EDIT - If you can get someone to Soulsuck you down to my level I would be more then happy to drop you the weapon you need for plat.

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    350 is an outrageous Soul Level to begin with, but the 99 LCK is what killed your chances of getting an easy Pure Bladestone drop. The lower the LCK, the better your chance is for rare drops. Higher LCK will increase the chance for standard drops and make rare drops extremely rare. In addition, the Large Sword of Searching is hurting you as well, since it only increases the possibility of an item drop, and has zero effect on the rarity.
    Yeah, I don't get why people go so far in to the soul levels unless they're doing it just to fuck around in NG++++++.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Id just like to publicly say a BIG thanks to DJ_HELYX for taking 1/2 an hour out of his day to help a stranger with the last item he needed for Platinum number 50!!

Its on record.... I owe you one.

Cheers forum!!

"Gotta Plat Them All!!"

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    99 LCK is what killed your chances of getting an easy Pure Bladestone drop. The lower the LCK, the better your chance is for rare drops. Higher LCK will increase the chance for standard drops and make rare drops extremely rare. In addition, the Large Sword of Searching is hurting you as well, since it only increases the possibility of an item drop, and has zero effect on the rarity.
    Increasing LCK decreases rarity? What kind of fucked-up broken game mechanic is that?

Nice to know, I'll be getting my DS game on soon.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by that.guy.nick View Post
    BIG thanks to DJ_HELYX for taking 1/2 an hour out of his day to help a stranger with the last item he needed for Platinum
    No problem, glad to help. I think that's Demon's Souls platinum #120-something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Increasing LCK decreases rarity?
    The higher the LCK, the higher the probability for an item drop from a defeated enemy. However, it increases only the probability and has no effect at all on the rarity of the dropped item(s). Higher chances for a dropped item actually reduces the chance of getting the rare drop itself.

Here's more info on the Luck stat. Luck - Demon's Souls English Wiki

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You are the man Helyx! Thanks for your help!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by G-Main765 View Post
    You are the man Helyx! Thanks for your help!
    No problem bud. Enjoy your new platinum.