Second Anniversary and World Tendency Events

This is a discussion on Second Anniversary and World Tendency Events within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; Happy Birthday Demon's Souls. Time to break the game out and start leveling again while Atlus lets us play first ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Second Anniversary and World Tendency Events

Happy Birthday Demon's Souls. Time to break the game out and start leveling again while Atlus lets us play first in pure white and then pure black world tendency in October.

Pure White - October 6 - 17
    Pure Black - October 17 - 31

Atlus sent out a little note reminding us all that today marks the second anniversary of the release of Demon's Souls, spiritual predecessor of Dark Souls. In celebration of two years of mind-numbing, controller-snapping difficulty, the publisher has some special World Tendency events lined up for the rest of the month.

Starting today and running through October 17, the in-game world of Demon's Souls will switch to Pure White Tendency, which makes the game (somewhat) less difficult and even opens up certain paths and items. From October 17 through the rest of the month just in time for Halloween the world will shift to Pure Black which, you guessed it, makes the game even more difficult (okay, fine, it also opens up different hidden areas too).
    Happy and hateful birthday, Demon's Souls! | Joystiq

Harvester of Souls

Pretty awesome. . This will help out for those looking for the platinum but are stuck with PW or PB or even neutral tendency and don't want to have to work to get it to which ever and/or BACK to the other tendency. Atlus and From Software are always doing something special with the servers.

NOTE: don't log on during those times if you don't want the tendencies to be affected!!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Pretty awesome.
    Indeed. I've played through twice with the White Tendency. Some weapons and places I hadn't seen before. The switch to Black Tendency starts today. I've got some black phantoms to annihilate.

PRO Member

It's impressive that Atlus is still maintaining the servers for this great game.

Nope, nothing

.....this sucks :stare:

I wish I saw this before it was the end of Pure White