Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

30k souls down the drain

This is a discussion on 30k souls down the drain within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by Walle I still miss some pure stones. My character tendency is for some weird reason black. Now ...

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    I still miss some pure stones. My character tendency is for some weird reason black.

Now I first need the friend's ring from Monumental, which requires white character tend. For this I need to kill BPs and these BPs I get from doing the black tendency world events. After getting the friend's ring I go on rampage through the nexus, killing characters I don't need, also going online being a douchebag to get black character tendency. Now I assasinate for Meph and get the items from him.
    and now since all worlds are black tendency. I use that to farm stones, since more enemies that drop stones.
    So now I should have all rings, all upgrade trophies and most weapons( except for the one I get in endgame). Miracles and spells are for the next playthrough.

Is this doable? Is something here incorrect? I don't want to do an error this close to the end. Excuse me for my ignorance.

Buying Dark Souls now!!!
    You have Black CT due to killing non-BP NPCs outside the nexus.

It's possible to get from PBWT to PWWT, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to kill the NPC BP as well as the Primeval in a single run-through to do this.

Also, I personally prefer Demon's Souls to Dark Souls. DkS feels more diluted to me.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

OMG FUCKING god! Maneater first try, Flame Lurker first try but Old King Doran is sooooooo fucking disgusting! He changes his method 50% into the fight and I barely hit him for 30

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

KCCO!

OMG FUCKING god! Maneater first try, Flame Lurker first try but Old King Doran is sooooooo fucking disgusting! He changes his method 50% into the fight and I barely hit him for 30
    You can always beat Doran the pussy way and poison him to death. Otherwise, learn to dodge because he deals insane damage. It's not a fight you'll be tanking.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    You can always beat Doran the pussy way and poison him to death. Otherwise, learn to dodge because he deals insane damage. It's not a fight you'll be tanking.
    Aye, problem is he changes tacs now and then. He was kinda unpredictable. Killed him though, lowered his armor with the scraping spear and then killed him with halberd.

Toggle Spoiler

KCCO!

Aye, problem is he changes tacs now and then. He was kinda unpredictable. Killed him though, lowered his armor with the scraping spear and then killed him with halberd.
    All's well that ends well, I suppose. Congrats.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    All's well that ends well, I suppose. Congrats.
    Cheers, only thing that remains is gathering some stones then killing Allant! Exciting!

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

Gah... I'm tired! Games like these are great but often the game screws up! I've killed all BP npcs, but still my character tendency is -50%! Makes no sense! Only good guy npc I've killed was Scirvirr during the pure white event. But it haven't changed since then...
    Oh well, only friends ring, hopefully someone can drop it.

Same with Valley of Defilement, I killed the primeval demon and the BP npc in the same run, got it to white but the ladder weren't there... so Istarelle is also screwed up for me.

Toggle Spoiler

The only sane person here

congrats you finally lost something of value over something you didn't knew

Bob 'n' Becca

I didn't know the Flamelurker was even remotely difficult... As for Doran, I never faced him straight up, other than when I just wanted to prove myself to him. After that, magic and poison. Magic and poison, baby!

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Negator

Same with Valley of Defilement, I killed the primeval demon and the BP npc in the same run, got it to white but the ladder weren't there... so Istarelle is also screwed up for me.
    You'd have to reload your save file after making the Valley PWWT, or at the very least go to the nexus and come back for Istarelle.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wow, Tower Knight NG+ was much harder than his predecessor. I felt he was much faster and agile not to mention the damage.
    Only thing that remains is to free Yuria, to buy Soulsucker and then I'm all good.
    I can smell it now, the plat!

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 1 - Bronze

u shouldnt be too annoyed at losin 30k... its when u fuck up then lose over 5million to pesky slugs while goin for the pure bladestone that will cause u sleepless nights doh! but if u've just started the game then u have all the woes to look forward too lol btw levelin up ur character is not pointless as someone has suggested, if u dont level up ur character stats u cannot use strong magics effectively, wear heavy armour, hold heavy weapons effortlessly of be able to kill enemies/bosses in one to two hit kills in ng++ so make sure u level up regularly n keep all items u obtain by storin them in the nexus...

here are some tips if they havnt been pointed out above already... if u dont want to change world tendency after gettin ur body form from killin arch demons then go to the nexus n jump from the top to kill urself each time or just kill urself in a world u want to turn pure black, always kill upto the last boss then keep them alive for ur pbwt/pwwt events which is crucial for rare items, also this one is important for the purebladestone drop- dont raise ur luck stat beyond 5, u dont have to raise it at all, if u do it will add to the drop rate on enemy spoils but it wont be rare drop rates, the rare drop rate percentage will start to decrease... the last tip is to never use ur items up, this goes for grasses of all types/weapon boosts/mini throwable weapons etc etc, ur goin to get killed alot even if ur careful so wastin precious items is pointless as u could be killed straight after u've used somethin, u'll get the reward for not usin items when u get the hang of a level n realise u've got upto a hundred of some valuble items, this is an important tip along with the luck tip, another thing to remember is not to use arch demon souls u obtain as u need these for miricles/spells, dont throw any weapons/rings or wears away even if u already have it as u need to have two of some items for world tendency events/upgradin weapons etc...

so those are my tips, ppl have probably pointed this all out above but i havnt read :s so a round up...

- dont raise ur luck stat beyond 5
    - always raise ur other stats else u will struggle, health/strength/magic are a must
    -never kill the end arch demon until u have all pure black world events complete
    -never use items/demon souls u obtain apart from weapons n apparrell as u will as chances are as soon as u do somethin might kill u straight after so store it all
    -never throw anythin away even if u already have it or just dont want it as everythin will come in handy when u get further through the game
    -kill urself in the nexus after u get body form or kill urself in a world u want to turn pure black, it only takes 0-5 body form kills to change world tendencies (i think, cant remember now) so take note of that when playin
    -never use ur emphorel eyes or however its spelt lol these are ur time saver stones, u should be aimin to have atleast 35 stored with stockpile thomas for later use on pbwt events
    -never play online, i read months ago that the server was goin to be turned off but if it hasnt then avoid goin online as it fucks up ur wt
    -the flamelurker demon soul is needed in ur inventory to upgrade weapons in world 2
    -dont release brior in world one until u have killed the blue dragon patrollin the end area

enjoy the game dude

Negator

I simply said that grinding for souls wasn't necessary. Not once did anyone recommend not leveling his character.

Oh well, he's got his plat anyway.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

walle what black phantoms are u countin buddy? u might be countin all black phantom npc's but there is only 5 per playthrough, they are:
    executioner miralda
    scirvir the wanderer
    lord rydell
    satsuki
    selen vinland

if these are the ones u are countin then ur doin everythin right but complete the game n go after them 5 again, it takes upto about 11-15 kills on them to change ur character tendency (rough but close estimate, cant remember actual number) so towards the start of ur third playthrough u should be able to ask for the friends ring... also dont worry about ng+++++ etc, the game only gets slightly harder twice so the difficulty stays at ng++ whether u complete it 5 or 500 times over, many ppl on demon souls tip guides cla the difficulty keeps risin but its rubbish...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

helyx i didnt mention u did i?!...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DARKSCORPONOXR View Post
    helyx i didnt mention u did i?!...
    Got the plat mate, and I was aware of which gave me CT and which did not.

Toggle Spoiler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12