Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

30k souls down the drain

This is a discussion on 30k souls down the drain within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; So I might've accidently walked into the Tower Knight. Obviously I got my ass handed to me, however on my ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    30k souls down the drain

    So I might've accidently walked into the Tower Knight. Obviously I got my ass handed to me, however on my way there the texture lagged and when I was rolling to avoid an arrow, I hit something invisible. I got hit, got dazed, and a blue eyed knight finished me off.
    That's 30k souls I lost to the Tower Knight, they're now gone... Should I be mad? I am mad.
    Just to confirm when I die on my way to get souls, they're gone?

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  2. #2
    PRO Member
    daftprophet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,593
    Reputation
    345

    I haven't played the game for more than 30 minutes and I know that

    They're gone for good You shouldn't be mad though...it's part of the game Helyx lost some ridiculous amount of souls...like 3,000,000 or so. Let that sink in for a moment






    |
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

    |Avy - Animals As Leaders|




  3. #3
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Theres a great farming bit where all the skeletons are if you kill the reaper and then jump off the cliff . Check Youtube you will find many, 30K not much mate .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  4. #4
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Alright alright, still bit sour tho to lose it due to texture lagg. But yeah I'll move On!

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  5. #5
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,618
    Reputation
    818

    The lag was most likely another player trying to invade, but you could also have been hit by the archers above the Blue-eye knight.

    There's no need to farm souls in this game, and if you need help, being too high of a Soul Level will make finding players willing to assist you much more difficult. Try our guide, it's second to none and has no shortage of detailed information.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  6. #6
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The lag was most likely another player trying to invade, but you could also have been hit by the archers above the Blue-eye knight.

    There's no need to farm souls in this game, and if you need help, being too high of a Soul Level will make finding players willing to assist you much more difficult. Try our guide, it's second to none and has no shortage of detailed information.
    Did you just beat every boss first time then ?
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  7. #7
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    No no, I wasn't hit by the archers at first. I got hit by them when it lagged and my character got stuck.

    btw THE RUSH! I just slayed the Tower Knight, second try. His fall(when I cut his feet) almost killed me, haha.
    Got my will back to beat this game now, cheers for le help.


    oh... aah tower knight difficulty 2/5 hahaha damn

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  8. #8
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    How do I check my tendency? I have only died once as human, several times as phantom, killed 3 demons. Shouldn't I have white? I could pass a door that required black tendency.

    A question about the trophy guide:
    Trophys say that I have to have all rings and weapons etc. Since drops from tendency events as Miralda change depending on white and black. So I have to kill her in both black world tend and white world, yeah? You say; "Begin this playthrough by altering the world tendencies to either Pure Black or Pure White. You will want to change every world to Pure Black and then play through again changing them all to Pure White. "
    So after I've killed white tend Miralda I can go back to Boletarian, die several times as a human and then kill her black?

    The tendencies are they unique to the world? If I die several times in Boletarian Palace, will that affect the tendency of the other "levels"?

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  9. #9
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Okay I had Pure White apperantly, coz I got the master ring from Miralda. Beware of false messages, lol

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  10. #10
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Now I killed Scirvir in white tendency, if I go back alive and commit suicide or kill other players. Will he respawn as pure black tendency Scirvir?

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  11. #11
    PRO Member
    ChrisValentine's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    1,311
    Reputation
    237

    Yeh, 30,000 souls is nothing at all.
    Understandably pissed off the first time I lost near that. But later on it's easy to get back. When you start losing 100s of thousands, millions.. it's tedious!
    But yeah, the guide is awesome for help. The Demon's Souls Wiki is really helpful too


  12. #12
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,618
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Did you just beat every boss first time then ?
    No, but spending time to grind souls is completely useless. Gear and tactics make a difference much more than Soul Level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    So after I've killed white tend Miralda I can go back to Boletarian, die several times as a human and then kill her black?

    The tendencies are they unique to the world? If I die several times in Boletarian Palace, will that affect the tendency of the other "levels"?
    You shouldn't kill any non-Black Phantom NPCs until the very end of your first (maybe even wait 'til your second) playthrough. Unless you plan for someone to drop rings/weapons for you, you'll want to aim for Pure White Character Tendency (PWCT) as soon as possible.

    Never load the game while signed into PSN, because the online World Tendencies will overwrite your current tendencies in every world. It's best to load the game offline so you have full control over Tendency, then once it's loaded you can sign into PSN freely without altering your WTs. World tendency is specific for each of the 5 areas, meaning Tendency in the Shrine of Storms is completely independent from Tower of Latria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Now I killed Scirvir in white tendency, if I go back alive and commit suicide or kill other players. Will he respawn as pure black tendency Scirvir?
    You can freely kill NPCs and come back later in Pure Black WT to kill their Black Phantom. The only NPC that doesn't work this way is Garl Vinland, whose Black Phantom only shows in Pure White WT.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  13. #13
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Alright cheers for help.

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  14. #14
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Whaaaaaaaaat! Maneater a walk in the park! First try, only 8 or so herbs were used!

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  15. #15
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    No, but spending time to grind souls is completely useless. Gear and tactics make a difference much more than Soul Level.

    I have only played through it once, I found myself having to do it at times to progress lol . I am going to go for the platinum on it soon so will give it a go without farming .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  16. #16
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Just to be clear,
    if I go die in all areas where I need black tendency event, will I be able to get them then? Because if that's the case I'm gonna get all rings, and a big part of all weapons.
    The last quest with monumental, the friend's ring and the mephistoteles quest can I do both? Because I'll need both foe's ring and friends ring for trophy.

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  17. #17
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    Get the friends ring first, and then do what Mephistopheles is asking so that you can get the foes ring. Or at least I think that'll work. I'm not a fan of killing NPCs so I never got the foes ring legit.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  18. #18
    Negator
    DarkFox's Piss Bucket's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    29520
    Posts
    4,618
    Reputation
    818

    Quote Originally Posted by Walle View Post
    Just to be clear,
    if I go die in all areas where I need black tendency event, will I be able to get them then? Because if that's the case I'm gonna get all rings, and a big part of all weapons.
    The last quest with monumental, the friend's ring and the mephistoteles quest can I do both? Because I'll need both foe's ring and friends ring for trophy.
    Read the guide. Demon's Souls Trophy Guide.


    Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

  19. #19
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Oh mate I am! Used it the entire time, however Demon Souls is a hard game, and to avoid mistakes that'll force me to replay I double check.
    One last question! I know I know..
    I only have last boss left. All the worlds are atm pure white, and I've done all white events.
    I still miss some pure stones. My character tendency is for some weird reason black.

    Now I first need the friend's ring from Monumental, which requires white character tend. For this I need to kill BPs and these BPs I get from doing the black tendency world events. After getting the friend's ring I go on rampage through the nexus, killing characters I don't need, also going online being a douchebag to get black character tendency. Now I assasinate for Meph and get the items from him.
    and now since all worlds are black tendency. I use that to farm stones, since more enemies that drop stones.
    So now I should have all rings, all upgrade trophies and most weapons( except for the one I get in endgame). Miracles and spells are for the next playthrough.

    Is this doable? Is something here incorrect? I don't want to do an error this close to the end. Excuse me for my ignorance.

    Btw I love this game! So friggin hard, which is so good! Buying Dark Souls now!!!

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

  20. #20
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Walle's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Reputation
    17

    Okay so seems I also lost my white world tendency in world 5. I haven't taked Istarelle yet, is my best way to achiev pure white tendency to go pure black, kill the BP Selen and the primeval demon?

    Toggle Spoiler



    currently working on several games

    My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO