Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Beginner Tips for Demon's Souls

This is a discussion on Beginner Tips for Demon's Souls within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 You're not the only one... even though I"m actually helping in the boosting thread, people I've ...

Remember You Soon

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    You're not the only one... even though I"m actually helping in the boosting thread, people I've never seen or heard of before message at times >:F. When on there it specifically says to contact me through here, not random adds >:F. But to no end, doesn't matter lol.

Glad you finally got some help Kidson . I'm generally around if you need anything else.
    Trust me, I'm going to hit you up as well on this.

Remember You Soon

So, can someone tell me where I can find a Bow at in this game? I'm getting ready to face the Tower Knight in 1-2, and I really need a long ranged weapon. I have a crossbow, but I don't know if that'll work.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    So, can someone tell me where I can find a Bow at in this game? I'm getting ready to face the Tower Knight in 1-2, and I really need a long ranged weapon. I have a crossbow, but I don't know if that'll work.
    I got a bow from the first level in world 4, very soon into the level. I used the wiki platinum guide, it has maps and everything. I cheated like crazy, but regardless of how you want to do it, I think everything I ever read agrees that it's the best bow that you can get very early into the game. I want to say it's like the Compund Bow or something, you upgrade it to Sticky.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Remember You Soon

Quote Originally Posted by BoneSickle View Post
    I got a bow from the first level in world 4, very soon into the level. I used the wiki platinum guide, it has maps and everything. I cheated like crazy, but regardless of how you want to do it, I think everything I ever read agrees that it's the best bow that you can get very early into the game. I want to say it's like the Compund Bow or something, you upgrade it to Sticky.
    Ok. Now, how can I fine Sage Freke? I'm in the middle of 1-2, and from what I read in the guide, I need Soul Arrow to beat the Tower Knight.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ok. Now, how can I fine Sage Freke? I'm in the middle of 1-2, and from what I read in the guide, I need Soul Arrow to beat the Tower Knight.
    Which class did you start with? See like I started with Royalty, so Soul Arrow was my spell from the beginning, but even after reading the entire instruction booklet I failed to understand that you have to equip a Talisman and select that as a weapon in order to cast a spell. (There's a reason I don't play many RPGs, confusing as hell.) You don't *need* Soul Arrow to beat Tower Knight. I didn't even know how to use it at that point when I was playing. Killing all the archers first, then doing your best to avoid his attacks while wailing away on his feet will work fine. When he falls down go for his head, putting fire on your sword should speed everything up.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

Remember You Soon

Which class did you start with? See like I started with Royalty, so Soul Arrow was my spell from the beginning, but even after reading the entire instruction booklet I failed to understand that you have to equip a Talisman and select that as a weapon in order to cast a spell. (There's a reason I don't play many RPGs, confusing as hell.) You don't *need* Soul Arrow to beat Tower Knight. I didn't even know how to use it at that point when I was playing. Killing all the archers first, then doing your best to avoid his attacks while wailing away on his feet will work fine. When he falls down go for his head, putting fire on your sword should speed everything up.
    Yeah, I used Turpentine and lit his ass up!!! Now, I'm on 1-3, oh and I'm a Knight. Next question: How can I use spells? I have "Enchant Weapon", but don't know how to use it? Also, I can't access 1-3 because of this message:

"A thick, colorless fog holds you back. Only those who slain an Archdemon may pass beyond this point." Where the hell do I find an Archdemon?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How can I use spells? I have "Enchant Weapon", but don't know how to use it?
    If you don't have them now, you will eventually have a Talisman and a Catalyst. These items are equipped and selected the same as weapons and shields. That also means that you have to use a hand to wield them. One is for using Spells and the other is for using Magic. I'd swear I was like half-way thru the game before I realized any of this. (I also played for hours before figuring out that it wasn't enough to have a bow in your hand and pick up arrows, you have to *equip* the arrows also. I felt like an idiot.) Eventually you can get an item that works as both a Talisman and a Catalyst, but for now you'll need to figure out which one is used for doing whatever you want to do. I hope that made more sense than it sounds like it did to me

Remember You Soon

If you don't have them now, you will eventually have a Talisman and a Catalyst. These items are equipped and selected the same as weapons and shields. That also means that you have to use a hand to wield them. One is for using Spells and the other is for using Magic. I'd swear I was like half-way thru the game before I realized any of this. (I also played for hours before figuring out that it wasn't enough to have a bow in your hand and pick up arrows, you have to *equip* the arrows also. I felt like an idiot.) Eventually you can get an item that works as both a Talisman and a Catalyst, but for now you'll need to figure out which one is used for doing whatever you want to do. I hope that made more sense than it sounds like it did to me
    Not to be funny, but that made NO sense to me at all

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Not to be funny, but that made NO sense to me at all
    Yeah I'm just trying to be helpful because I got insomnia. When the sun comes up someone more knowledgable will take over. Hitman can answer anything you need. I Platted the game in eleven days, but like I said, I cheated like crazy. And just like studying for exams, I forgot everything as soon as it was over

PRO Member

Yeah, I used Turpentine and lit his ass up!!! Now, I'm on 1-3, oh and I'm a Knight. Next question: How can I use spells? I have "Enchant Weapon", but don't know how to use it? Also, I can't access 1-3 because of this message:

"A thick, colorless fog holds you back. Only those who slain an Archdemon may pass beyond this point." Where the hell do I find an Archdemon?
    In the world 2.4 you will meet the archdemon! he is right after the fire demon/boss in 2.3. The fire demon is wery hard i did 24 damage to him at every stroke of my sword if the bugg wasen't there i would never have beaten him. I have no idea where to go actually so instead of going to 1.3 i went to 3.1 i think? it's like an insane house or something , but i don't know if this is the correct path or not
    or if i should continnue on 1.3.

For the magic part you need a catclyst and magic spells, the magic spells you have on the top of your wepon menu at buttom left of your screen. Put a magic spell in there! and then you need to put the catalyst in either your left or right weapon window. I started with magic so i am not sure when you get a spell in the game! the catalyst you get in a cage in 3.1, but maybe you can buy one am not sure.

Remember You Soon

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    In the world 2.4 you will meet the archdemon! he is right after the fire demon/boss in 2.3. The fire demon is wery hard i did 24 damage to him at every stroke of my sword if the bugg wasen't there i would never have beaten him. I have no idea where to go actually so instead of going to 1.3 i went to 3.1 i think? it's like an insane house or something , but i don't know if this is the correct path or not

For the magic part you need a catclyst and magic spells, the magic spells you have on the top of your wepon menu at buttom left of your screen. Put a magic spell in there! and then you need to put the catalyst in either your left or right screen. I started with magic so i am not sure when you get a spell in the game! the catalyst you get in a cage in 3.1, but maybe you can buy one am not sure.
    I still don't get it Sorry man.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Hey, Hitman, can you drop me a Pure Bladestone?
    STFU Jack; you're not funny.

KCCO!

There's a bow you can get in 1-2, as a matter of fact. I think it's a short bow on top of one of the towers ... the second one, I believe.

Freke is in the Tower of Latria (3-1); that's where you rescue him from. Also, you don't necessarily need a ranged weapon to beat Tower Knight. First time I fought him, I beat him melee.

EDIT: Judging from your post below, you figured it out!

Yeah, I used Turpentine and lit his ass up!!! Now, I'm on 1-3, oh and I'm a Knight. Next question: How can I use spells? I have "Enchant Weapon", but don't know how to use it?
    You need a Catalyst to use spells, and a Talisman to use Miracles (unless you acquire the Talisman of Beasts which allows you to do both spells and miracles without having to switch back and forth). You need to go to the respective vendors and they'll "equip" the magic into your slots for you. From there, equip the catalyst in your off-hand (typically, the left) and your weapon in your right, and enchant your weapon by pressing L1.

Also, I can't access 1-3 because of this message:

The message you're getting blocking your path to 1-3 is there because you need to beat one of the other archdemons first (bosses of 2-3, 3-3, 4-3 or 5-3). Once you have one of their souls in your posession, the fog leading to 1-3 will lift, allowing you to continue on.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    Actually, there is no 2-4.

As far as the "correct" path, there isn't any right or wrong path; that's part of the beauty of this game. While some ways of completing worlds makes others easier, you can pretty much progress as you like.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    Actually, there is no 2-4.

As far as the "correct" path, there isn't any right or wrong path; that's part of the beauty of this game. While some ways of completing worlds makes others easier, you can pretty much progress as you like.
    Ok. Then i haven't done anything wrong! also i missed a rare treasure where the archdemon was, i gess he needed to smash his hands or something so i could reach it, but he woulden't attack there no matter how much noise i made. Is this a big fail or no biggi?

Weekend gamer

You need to have pure White world tendency for that area to open- you can get the dragon bone smasher in there. The Dragon God cannot open that area.

PRO Member

Ok. Thanks for sharing

Remember You Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanchan View Post
    There's a bow you can get in 1-2, as a matter of fact. I think it's a short bow on top of one of the towers ... the second one, I believe.
    I just checked the 2nd tower, no dice Now, I'm on 2-1 trying to prepare for the spider boss, and I need a bow. I have a crossbow, but not sure if that'll work. Oh, and I found a talisman!!!! So, now I can use my spells!!!

Another question: Where can I find this key to save Sage Freke from his cell?
    Last edited by kidson2004; 08-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Weekend gamer

I just checked the 2nd tower, no dice Now, I'm on 2-1 trying to prepare for the spider boss, and I need a bow. I have a crossbow, but not sure if that'll work. Oh, and I found a talisman!!!! So, now I can use my spells!!!

Another question: Where can I find this key to save Sage Freke from his cell?
    You will get a comPound long bow+1 in shrine of storms just before you travel up to see Snuggly but if I think it's got a high dex requirement. A talisman will only work with miracles you need a catalyst for spells. The key for Freke is in the room where you kill the fella that keeps the False Idol alive.

Remember You Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    You will get a comPound long bow+1 in shrine of storms just before you travel up to see Snuggly but if I think it's got a high dex requirement. A talisman will only work with miracles you need a catalyst for spells. The key for Freke is in the room where you kill the fella that keeps the False Idol alive.
    Yeah, but where am I supposed to find him at? The 4th floor? If so, then I don't know how to get up there

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast