Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Beginner Tips for Demon's Souls

This is a discussion on Beginner Tips for Demon's Souls within the Demon's Souls forum, part of the D; Wow I checked this thread out cause I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma and was told they are similar. Now I'm not ...

My Own Worst Enemy

Wow I checked this thread out cause I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma and was told they are similar.
    Now I'm not so sure if I even want to get started on this, due to the fact it looks even more rage inducing.
    Can someone tell me if its even enjoyable? Or is it more of a rewarding feeling for beating such a stressful game?
    Cause if its not fun then I may just continue to keep this one on the back burner for now.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Self_Saboteur-; 08-03-2012 at 07:33 PM.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    Wow I checked this thread out cause I enjoyed Dragon's Dogma and was told they are similar.
    Now I'm not so sure if I even want to get started on this, due to the fact it looks even more rage inducing.
    Can someone tell me if its even enjoyable? Or is it more of a rewarding feeling for beating such a stressful game?
    Cause if its not fun then I may just continue to keep this one on the back burner for now.
    Thanks
    The game itself is not similar to Dogma much at all. Comparisons were drawn between the two because they're both westernized JRPGs with a good difficulty.

As far as a recommendation, I've not enjoyed any RPG more than I have with Demon's Souls. Difficult like no other, but also rewarding like no other. It's only like $20 now, so I don't see why you wouldn't get it.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Banned

Is the official guide will help me with this most difficult game or use online guide like trophy guide/walkthrough guide?

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerker View Post
    Is the official guide will help me with this most difficult game or use online guide like trophy guide/walkthrough guide?
    Our site's trophy guide has an immense amount of tips and tricks, not only for unlocking all trophies, but also for starting out. Anything you can't find on there can be found on the Demon's Souls wiki, however.

Dull Ember

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Yeah, but where am I supposed to find him at? The 4th floor? If so, then I don't know how to get up there
    After you have spoken to Freke go down another couple of floors to where there's 2 locked doors together on your right in a corridor. You will get the key to these from a body at the edge of where the giant thingy is shooting arrows at you. After you unlock one of these doors kill 2 octopus heads to gain access 2 the area behind the giant arrow thingy. There is a switch at the back of this machine to turn it off then turn around and you will see two towers go up the one on your left to get a silver catalyst and the one on your right to get Frekes key also be sure to kill the fella that's in there as he keeps the boss of the area alive. Go back and free Freke and he will wait in the Nexus for you. Also there's a quite tough enemy on the run up to the boss that will appear out of nowhere. Back off until he shoots at you with a crossbow then attack while he's reloading. Hope this helps.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    After you have spoken to Freke go down another couple of floors to where there's 2 locked doors together on your right in a corridor. You will get the key to these from a body at the edge of where the giant thingy is shooting arrows at you. After you unlock one of these doors kill 2 octopus heads to gain access 2 the area behind the giant arrow thingy. There is a switch at the back of this machine to turn it off then turn around and you will see two towers go up the one on your left to get a silver catalyst and the one on your right to get Frekes key also be sure to kill the fella that's in there as he keeps the boss of the area alive. Go back and free Freke and he will wait in the Nexus for you. Also there's a quite tough enemy on the run up to the boss that will appear out of nowhere. Back off until he shoots at you with a crossbow then attack while he's reloading. Hope this helps.
    It does. I finally discovered how to get up there yesterday. Now, just gotta figure out how to get pass the giant arrow shooter.

Rainbow in the dark

DAMMIT! someone invaded my world, i'll just rush him and try to get the upperhand, maybe even killing him mwhuwhahahahahaha *slash *slash *slash *slash *slash GODDAMMIT he's still alive... noooooooooo
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Legendary...Nuff Said

It does. I finally discovered how to get up there yesterday. Now, just gotta figure out how to get pass the giant arrow shooter.
    There's an entire, more complex way around it, but if you're feeling like you're pro and want to risk it, it's possible to roll through the arrow trap if you time your rolls correctly. Once you turn it off at the end, you can then go pick up the amazing loot.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I love this! I have been challenged to platinum this game & this thread will come in handy!!!

Closing this account

Don't know if this was mention but stay in soul form when going for PWWT is a great idea. A lot of other sites spoke of it and I am replaying it to see if it is legit.

Lvl 6 - Silver

best advice??? don't die

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    best advice??? don't die
    Dying is part of the game

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Don't know if this was mention but stay in soul form when going for PWWT is a great idea. A lot of other sites spoke of it and I am replaying it to see if it is legit.
    Reason why this holds true is that your world tendencies will not change if you die in soul form. If you're working for a world tendency, try suiciding in the Nexus before heading out so that your world tendencies don't change.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Our site's trophy guide has an immense amount of tips and tricks, not only for unlocking all trophies, but also for starting out. Anything you can't find on there can be found on the Demon's Souls wiki, however.
    I started a female Royal build and died after the first boss before the nexus.Not sure how to avoid game over screen if I started my playthrough.This site guide for the game is the best one ever I seen and it has tips.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Yes, that is right, your world tendency will not go down if you die while in soul form; that was why I always suicided in the Nexus first before setting out into any of the worlds. The online world tendency, however, can affect your offline world tendencies, so if you are going for PWWT first, consider playing offline first to get that out of the way. Though, from my experience, most of the time, the online world tendency is always white, thus boosting your offline world tendencies further towards PWWT.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Banned

Why is this game trophies not unlocking is it harder then Dark souls trophies?

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Yes, that is right, your world tendency will not go down if you die while in soul form; that was why I always suicided in the Nexus first before setting out into any of the worlds. The online world tendency, however, can affect your offline world tendencies, so if you are going for PWWT first, consider playing offline first to get that out of the way. Though, from my experience, most of the time, the online world tendency is always white, thus boosting your offline world tendencies further towards PWWT.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack
    Reason why this holds true is that your world tendencies will not change if you die in soul form. If you're working for a world tendency, try suiciding in the Nexus before heading out so that your world tendencies don't change.
    You got lucky with your world tendencies. When I go on and forgot to logoff, I would have PWWT in a world that I really needed to get a weapon and 5 seconds from the time I left the Nexus, I would get invaded. I never knew at the time I could had died in the Nexus until after I had got my . So now before I leave, I just do a "Frog Splash" in the Nexus.

Legendary...Nuff Said

I started a female Royal build and died after the first boss before the nexus.Not sure how to avoid game over screen if I started my playthrough.This site guide for the game is the best one ever I seen and it has tips.
    You're supposed to die to that boss. If you beat the boss, a dragon will kill you anyway. You just get a considerable amount of loot as a slight reward, but very few people have ever beaten it.

Why is this game trophies not unlocking is it harder then Dark souls trophies?
    The trophies will unlock once you get them. Look into the site's Demon's Souls trophy guide for tips on how to get all of the trophies. They're similar in style to Dark Souls.

Plats-O'-War!!

Ok, can someone please tell me where I can find a Purple Flame shield?

Closing this account

Ok, can someone please tell me where I can find a Purple Flame shield?

Toggle Spoiler

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast