Trophies are starting to worry me....

This is a discussion on Trophies are starting to worry me.... within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; Two things. First off all: on my 2nd run after sparing the hostage and Zeke I was informed I failed ...

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Trophies are starting to worry me....

Two things.

First off all: on my 2nd run after sparing the hostage and Zeke I was informed I failed the rescue the hostages. Does this mean I won;t get the Pacifist trophy?

Second: Even though there was an alaram through the wnole building on Sarif Industries, does being seen by hostile/camera/turrets, trigger an alam? I remember a section where there wasn't an alaram and the turret saw me. I'm not sure if I got the bonuses for either one, but DID I TRIGGER AN ALARM BY THE TURRET SEEING ME AND SHOWING A HOSTILE STATUS?

That's all for now. Cheers for the answers.

PRO Member

If you mean the alarm pretty much at the start of the game then no. That is part of the story and doesn't count as you setting off the alarm.

With Zeke killing the hostage, i'm not sure but I think because you didn't actually kill them then it doesn't count. If you are talking about the couple of hostages in the room with the bomb then yes you have to save them.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellian View Post
    If you mean the alarm pretty much at the start of the game then no. That is part of the story and doesn't count as you setting off the alarm.

With Zeke killing the hostage, i'm not sure but I think because you didn't actually kill them then it doesn't count. If you are talking about the couple of hostages in the room with the bomb then yes you have to save them.
    I couldn't find them...where are they exactly? Honestly I didn't think I'd have to be everyone's guardian angel as well as a toffee nosed two goodies shoes.

PRO Member

You enter kind of lab with about 5-6 enemies in it. You turn right to continue story or the hostages are right at the back of the room. There is a vent that leads to the room at the start

This room. hostages at right here............................

Aussie Furry, Bitch

So I need to save them for the trophy in that case do I?

PRO Member

Yep because you the only one that can save them. So if you let them die then they would be "dying by your hand" so to speak

Aes Dana

There are specific areas of the game where alarm systems are present. When you are in these areas, use the stun gun and stun take down if absolutely necessary. Move the unconscious bodies out of sight of enemy soldiers as well. The optical stealth camouflage is essential (upgrade to the 7 sec burst) so you can get pass security guards / soldiers without being noticed. It also allows you to pass through laser beams unnoticed. Never destroy security cameras but you can use the stun gun on the cameras to temporary disable them for about 15 secs without the alarm going off.

I got pacifist on my first playthrough and foxiest of the hounds on my second playthrough.