I've been experiencing the kill glitch with the tranq gun

This is a discussion on I've been experiencing the kill glitch with the tranq gun within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; I've seen a few instances where my tranq gun results in "killing" an enemy. Its wierd though because I receive ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been experiencing the kill glitch with the tranq gun

I've seen a few instances where my tranq gun results in "killing" an enemy. Its wierd though because I receive the merciful soul bonus (the one for not killing them). If the enemy has a skull for "being killed" but i actually got the merciful soul bonus, which one is correct? I rly don't want this trophy getting locked out.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

If you see the skull, do not take any chances and reload your latest save to be safe.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    If you see the skull, do not take any chances and reload your latest save to be safe.
    This. And make sure you keep your use with the gun to a minimal just in case.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

looks like i might be screwed then. There were a few guys on one of the side missions in detroit that showed a skull but i got the merciful bonus. I reloaded save until they were all seen with the zZz icon. If i have to replay the game its not a huge deal, that way i can skip all the side missions. Thanks though for the conformation.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It really pisses me off that a glitch like this has yet to be fixed. Its so simple and yet causes an insane amount of problems. Its pretty retarded that I can't shoot people with a tranq gun because it might kill them. Does the stun gun have this same issue? Although if i'm that close i'll just do a non-lethal takedown anyways.. just curious though. Thanks in advance.

PRO Member

I had a few people get the skull icon after I tranqed them. I didn't noticed until I went back to the area and checked on them. I still got the Pacifist trophy (and platinum) no problem.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ok so i guess the merciful soul bonus is the one that is correct. Thanks man. Has anyone had a problem with the pacifist trophy but never actually killed anyone?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by noobsauce2010 View Post
    Ok so i guess the merciful soul bonus is the one that is correct. Thanks man. Has anyone had a problem with the pacifist trophy but never actually killed anyone?
    No problem. If you're not far from your last save, I would still reload to be safe. I didn't feel like going back 4 hours and I had read as long as merciful soul pops up, it normally isn't a problem so I risked it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Anyone know if the story related objective towards the end of the game where you're trying to get onto the cargo pod and you have to arm an explosive count against the "don't kill anyone trophy"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by noobsauce2010 View Post
    I sure hope that's right because it happened to me too. I almost went balistic on every body after that because I had about 150 rds each for my pistol/silencer and lazer sight, and combat rifel/lazer sight, but I talked myself out of it just in case it was a glitch. I had the latest patch before I even started this round.
    I kissed a boy, and I liked it.
    (I can't wait to do it again.)