XP Book Trophy Glitched?

This is a discussion on XP Book Trophy Glitched? within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; In my second playthrough of the game I made 100% sure I read each and every single XP book in ...

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

XP Book Trophy Glitched?

In my second playthrough of the game I made 100% sure I read each and every single XP book in the game. However when I went to hack the level 5 safe to get the last one I didn't get the trophy when I read the book. I'm 100% sure I've read each and every one of the 29 XP books that give you the Scholar bonus. I think this is a glitched trophy. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Suspended

I haven't seen anyone else post they had such trouble and in case they did, I don't think there's a fix to it, so all I can advise you to do is to start over and follow a guide while checking off every XP book you get from a checklist.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I haven't seen anyone else post they had such trouble and in case they did, I don't think there's a fix to it, so all I can advise you to do is to start over and follow a guide while checking off every XP book you get from a checklist.
    I have already. I'm 100% certain I've collected each and every single one.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Well I think I found you on GameSpot:

Deus Ex: HR Trophy Glitch? - GameSpot.com

But other than that, after a few Google searches I really don't have any answers. I do know that you had to scroll through each page until you get the bonus, but are you sure you didn't pick up an eBook by accident? It's a common mistake, happened to me atleast.

Just in case, go in game and cross check your eBook list to make sure you have everything you need: Press Select, Last Icon and then Triangle.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Well I think I found you on GameSpot:

Deus Ex: HR Trophy Glitch? - GameSpot.com

But other than that, after a few Google searches I really don't have any answers. I do know that you had to scroll through each page until you get the bonus, but are you sure you didn't pick up an eBook by accident? It's a common mistake, happened to me atleast.

Just in case, go in game and cross check your eBook list to make sure you have everything you need: Press Select, Last Icon and then Triangle.
    I have a different GameSpot account. I got my friend to post that for me since thanks to my brother our account is on a forced vacation.

And I'll do that.

PRO Member

Did you mess up on the foxiest of the hounds trophy too. Ouch, another playthrough. Its not the shortest game either

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellian View Post
    Did you mess up on the foxiest of the hounds trophy too. Ouch, another playthrough. Its not the shortest game either
    Yeah that trophy really messed with my head! lol but DEHR is a game i dont mind replaying!

To topic no ive never had a glitch or prob trust me i would know glitches tend to gravitate towards me!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Sorry man but I highly doubt there's a glitch to it... if anything I reckon Foxiest Of Hounds is glitched, I had to do a second playthrough just for that trophy.
    (Believe me I made sure I never set off an alarm and then in the second playthrough... I made sure I was never seen by any enemy, just in case and it worked )
    But as Nagflar said, you could've picked up a normal eBook by accident.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post
    Yeah that trophy really messed with my head! lol but DEHR is a game i dont mind replaying!

To topic no ive never had a glitch or prob trust me i would know glitches tend to gravitate towards me!
    Yeah luckily I got it on my intended playthrough. Though playing through again is a pain in the ass, just lucky its on an awesome game

Aussie Furry, Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Roswellian View Post
    Yep, it's gonna be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by tai363 View Post

Well I mind playing it after 2 times...I'm seriously just going to leave it on the shelf for a while before I pick it up again.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    Sorry man but I highly doubt there's a glitch to it... if anything I reckon Foxiest Of Hounds is glitched, I had to do a second playthrough just for that trophy.
    (Believe me I made sure I never set off an alarm and then in the second playthrough... I made sure I was never seen by any enemy, just in case and it worked )
    But as Nagflar said, you could've picked up a normal eBook by accident.
    I don't think the trophy is glitched (Foxiest of Hounds, that is), just not worded correctly.

The Grand Ray Legend

Its a glitch, it happened to me also
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I am pretty positive the ebook that you might have missed is the one in Tong's office under the Hive. The only way you get this ebook is if "beat" him in the conversation held at the 2nd floor bar. After you make him cough up info and his trophy pops, "darker shades", the main objective calls for meeting him in his office to get more info on the hacker. The ebook will be in the room, on his desk i believe.

OOPS you already have plat. haha fail. good job man