View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

7 19.44%
  • 3 - Moderate

24 66.67%
  • 4 - Hard

5 13.89%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; Moderate - Not as hard as I was expecting it to be. The only tricky trophies were Pacifist and Foxiest ...

Gotham's Reckoning

Moderate - Not as hard as I was expecting it to be. The only tricky trophies were Pacifist and Foxiest Of Hounds but mainly Pacifist cause of that annoying glitch but still managed to get both of them on my first playthrough and the rest are fine despite most of them being missable.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I put easy, even though I need a 2nd playthrough.
    Sure you can do it in one playthrough, but you need to plan you enhancement upgrade path carefully so everything is attainable in that one playthrough.
    Especially when it comes to getting all the 29 needed E-Books during the one playthrough [that's what I missed], as you NEED the Icarus Landing ability to drop down a shaft around the beginning of the Tai Young Medical chapter to get one, otherwise it's unreachable.

I would also suggest getting the Typhoon upgrade 2 as soon as possible, as even on hard difficulty, you can beat all bosses except the last in under 15 sec using it, the last boss use the laser rifle.

The rest of the game you can do under stealth/hard and only using the Tranquilizer rifle [NO Other weapon is needed, so sell or leave and use space for health stuff]
    Also you NEED to get the Wall Punch Through ability, if only for use in one particular place that has a security camera watching the only exit which needs to be hacked to open: PICUS chapter I think it was [If you use a EMP grenade to knock this camera out the game considers this equal to setting off a alarm, so no Foxist of the Hounds trophy] The easy way to beat this is to Sneak under the camera into the room behind it, there is a weak wall you can punch through, thus avoiding using a heap of health batteries to hack the door under camouflage so the camera doesn't see you.
    Great game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Moderate: To me this is in between Moderate and Hard (but closer to Moderate, hence the vote)
    The trophies are very straight forward but there are 3 trophies that might give trouble.
    Finding the XP books is hard if you don't explore (a guide will really help) I found most without a guide.
    Beating the game without killing anyone isn't too bad if your careful as the game rewards you for being stealthy as apposed to the Rambo approach.
    Hard difficulty isn't too hard (unless your the Rambo type) since you should be playing Stealthy anyway.
    The only trophy that actually gave me trouble though was Foxiest of Hounds as I had to do another playthrough for it. I was pretty sure I never set off any alarms but on the second playthrough, to be safe, I just made sure I never got spotted

Overall, a great game I would highly recommend.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This game is a 3 if you do everything correct. Which I did. But when you feel you screwed at some point, then you might have a 4 or a 5. GOODLUCK

BRTAL Avy & Sig by dsluckay!

Saints Row IV

4. Hard
    I remembered i messed up on the police station and started the game.Again
    Nuff said
    Anyway,that is the only hard trophy......and the xp books
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate
    Wanted to get all the trophies in one playthrough but i somehow messed up Foxiest of the hounds no idea how and had to start a new playthrough just to get that plus there's no stat tracking to see if you have set off any alarms or anything like that so if u messed up u only know at the end of the game. every other trophy other than foxiest of the hounds is easy

Deathless Destroyer

I rate the game moderate. You need a fair amount of skill to achieve Foxiest of the Hounds (I achieved all three on my first run, did another one for cleanup + ebooks). This is easily my favourite game I've played thus far, though the AI is the worst I've ever seen.
    PSN/Steam ID is Icaraeus / 2 PS3s - 60GB 1st Gen YLOD'd 7 years, [I]120GB Slim, 22 Games + Ton of Extras / PS4 500GB Ordered/ $1200 SuperPC since Feb14

Youtube Channel

Don't send blank requests or I will wreck you lel

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy.

The reason I did not vote very easy are 1.) some skill books are well hidden, e.g. under a box 2.) there are many hidden trophies so you have to experiment a lot with possible results of your actions unless of course you take a guide. With a guide I'd certainly say very easy. My vote is based on my experience, I played the game "just for fun" on my first run on easy difficulty and got most of the trophies already. Some misc trophies and the skill book trophy I got on my second run that was Deus Ex. However with the experience from the first run I could easily master all situations and hardly noticed the difference in difficulty. I thought the boss fights might be a bit of a challenge but when you do the side quests, hack a lot and take out all enemies non leathily you'll have a lot of praxis kits till first boss and can easily take three to purchase and upgrade the taiphoon. Two charges of this plus two or three grenades and he's history. The same is with the second boss and the third boss can be dispatched with a takedown to end the fight within three seconds. The final boss can easily be dispatched with the laser rifle (plus cloak) within under ten seconds so there wasn't any challenge in Deus Ex for me. Great, great game and story btw.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy-some exploration and taking your time pretty much net everything for you.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 7 - Gold

4 hard.

Everything but Foxiest and Pacifist are easy to achieve. Those two in conjunction with some of the game's design make it a Hard. I could see it being a 3 Moderate if you are using a Guide/video walkthrough.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12