View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

7 19.44%
  • 3 - Moderate

24 66.67%
  • 4 - Hard

5 13.89%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

PRO Member

3 - Moderate. A lot of the trophies are easily missable. The hardest trophies are Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds. I still give this a 3 because I had no trouble doing it but I heard a lot of people did have trouble doing it, just don't use the Tranquilizer Rifle and all will be good (It's kind of glitchy).

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Korean Girl Group Groupie

3 - Moderate

The only trophies in the game that could give people headaches are the Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds trophies. Those two are enough to give some people fits, but not enough to make it terribly challenging. You can finish the Platinum in one play through, but it's highly unlikely doing to most people not knowing about how fickle Foxiest of the Hounds can be at times. This is about as middle of the road as a platinum can be.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate - The only hard part for me here is getting no alarms and not killing anyone pretty much all trophy is missable so just saved oftenly.

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Moderate - I'm allowed to vote in one of these
    obviously Foxiest of the Hounds and Pacifist are the hardest trophies, but like mentioned they aren't that hard to do, just a bit tedious at some points.
    Save often, follow the trophy guide and be prepared to reload...
    And be sure to save 1) in a spot where no one can see you when you reload (not crouching behind cover)
    2) after you get each ebook (my problem I saved right before getting one of them, had to reload and didnt re-pick it up then had to replay the whole game to get that trophy)

But the game is very fun and makes it a bit easier to get through the reloads =p

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Moderate- Nothing terribly hard about this game, although it does require a certain degree of patience.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy and I only have 6 Platina trophies. I got this one in 2 playthroughs without any problems.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Pretty easy game to plat. This game was a bit of a let down for me. Don't rate it very highly.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'd say easy. I had no trouble at all except I missed one damn xp book. >_>

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate. I chose to play the game in a single play through with multiple (14 in the end) save files. Even with the current patches I kept feeling uneasy about getting the pacifist trophy, as enemies who shouldn't have died randomly did at various points causing unnecessary reloads.

Hardest point in the game though was saving Jensen with pacifist, Give me Dues Ex difficulty. I was so tempted to rate this as 'hard' because of it. However, people can always opt to play the game twice and save themselves the constant reloading that comes with doing that section.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Missing Link Trophies

Missing link
    Good Samaritan - replace power supply to damaged stasis pod
    Out of the frying pan - make it off the boat
    The Learn'd scholar - Place the 3 data disks Red-Blue and Green on the display tables when you confront the female scientist
    Back stage pass - find quinn's secret stash
    Apex predator - Perform a take down on Burke without being detected
    Factory zero - Survive using no Praxis kits, weapons or explosives Whoa
    Never stop looking - Escape Rifleman Bank Station
    3 more that are hidden i havn't found yet

Does anyone know the others?

Ice Cream Firefighter

2 Easy all I worried about on my first playthrough was Legend, Pacifist & Foxiest of Hounds but I did get others went through it on the second run killing everything & looking everywhere for items & shortcuts my third run I used that to record a trophy walkthrough on youtube with what I thought was the easiest way to do it I give the game a 7/10 but they could have had more things to do in it

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

The Grand Ray Legend

Moderate

The trophys are cool and easy.....execpt Foxiest Of the Hounds!!!!, that trophy is the reason why I sold the game after I plated it
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

I'm back...kinda

3 Moderate Many missable trophies but Pacifist & Foxiest of the Hounds are the 2 trophies that are very easy to mess up and if messed up then another playthrough must be done but just be really careful, take your time and save a lot.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I say 3- moderate. Awesome game!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nothing difficult except time consuming.

I got everything except Pacifist in the 1st playthrough. Then, I speed run through 2nd playthrough to get the pacifist skipping all side missions and collection of ebooks.

Just be ready to save a lot and reload a lot, that all.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Put down as moderate as some trophies can easily be missed if you are not using the guide (especially ebooks)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

moderate ,simply because of the missable trophies which bug the crap out of me,i hate missable trophies.on foxiest of hounds trophy just save a lot and reload if you happen to trigger an alarm.nothing to difficult just be careful.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Gonna say hard cos foxiest of the hounds was a absolute bitch for me, i'm pretty dumb

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Hard, because I had to do three playthroughs, missing out on one one XP book and one of the two major trophies each time. Man it was a pain. >.>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast