Dues Ex

This is a discussion on Dues Ex within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; Playstation Magazine called Deus Ex the best stealth game of this generation but im inclined to agree it was a ...

Ice Cream Firefighter

Dues Ex

Playstation Magazine called Deus Ex the best stealth game of this generation but im inclined to agree it was a good stealth game which at moments it did shine as a great one but to me the stealth was flawed 1 example when hiding in a vent the alarm goe off and they are all shooting your way F**K reload also the auto save choose the stupidest spots to save Alarm F**K reload still alarmed F**K F**K load prev save but I did hang tight & prevailed in aquiring all 3 gold trophies Legend, Pacifist & Foxiest of Hounds & finished my first run with 70% trophy score .

Im going through on my second run now picking up the few trophies that I missed but there is no stealth for me im running through killing anything n everything that moves & im enjoying the game a whole heap more now.

My question to you guys is Deus Ex: Stealth or Kill spree which is more fun?

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Gaming since PONG !

Dont know... i have been threw the game 6x and every time i just killed ... like everything in sight the first 2 or 3 then it was only ppl that got in my way then it was every 4th person id kill... just wierd shit.. anyways.. im EVENTUALY gonna try the stealth stuff

Legendary...Nuff Said

Stealth is more challenging, which leads to more enjoyment to me personally. I played the game primarily using stealth, and I've had to repeat certain sections over 20 times until I finally got it right. While tedious and darn frustrating, it's really awesome when you'e able to clear out a room full of enemies without anyone even knowing you're there. Add of the fact that the takedowns are brutal and fun to watch, and I enjoyed stealth. Playing it as a straight-out FPS just isn't as enjoyable, and it's much more repetitive.

As far as saying Deus Ex is the best stealth game of this generation, I don't know. I haven't played many stealth games, but I gotta think Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell would be up there, if not better than Deus Ex in that category.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Kiwi Defender

I used stealth. Had a lot of fun, and even more when I played the game again and shot everything I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    ...and Splinter Cell ...
    HAHAHA, good joke Jacko.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

In2
    January MOTM

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I used stealth. Had a lot of fun, and even more when I played the game again and shot everything I saw.

HAHAHA, good joke Jacko.
    Well, technically it's supposed to be a stealth game but shooting lights and hiding in shadows really is stealth. Hard to say. If that's the case then why not say that Batman is a stealth game because if you play the game how it's meant to be played, then it's the same thing. It all depends of what is stealth to you.

Best stealth game have to be MGS.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I am def gonna have to try MGS4 I have heard alot of hype bout it dont know y I havent already but I do want them to bring back a syphon filter game on ps3 the first 1 was great for a PS1 game

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've just started playing this game and didn't quite know what to expect (I still don't).

First, I was surprised to find out that it's technically an FPS. It's very rarely advertised as such. If I would have known that, I probably wouldn't have bought it because I'm not a fan of FPS games (mainly because I suck at them). Although I'm still willing to give this game a shot because it's really more of an FPS hybrid.

I'm a fan of MGS games and this is somewhat similar, but it also reminds me of Fallout 3 (RPG/FPS) which I didn't like. After about an hour of playing, I'm still torn on my opinion.

I'm not really enjoying it quite yet because I can't seem to decide whether to play it stealth or kill. Everytime I think I'll go the stealth route, I get spotted right away and it ends up being a blood bath anyway... so why bother. I don't want to have to load and reload chackpoints just to clear a stage with no kills... that'll sort of ruin the experience of my first playthrough.

On the other hand, if this game doesn't get much better for me, I won't feel like doing a second or third playthrough just to get the remaining trophies.

I guess I'll have to put a few more hours into it and see if I can find a groove that works for me. So far though, I'm underwhelmed.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just started playing it. I have had some fun using tranq gun but ran out of darts and had to kill kill kill oops sorry slipped into kill kill kill mode
    I'm glad to see people are playing it multiple times. I guess I'll try stealth out a bit too. Now I'm just trying to figgure out how to hack comps. Level 2 security and I can't beat the dang clock. but I only played like 3 or 4 hrs so far. Like it a lot so far.
    I kissed a boy, and I liked it.
    (I can't wait to do it again.)