The eBook in Tong's office

This is a discussion on The eBook in Tong's office within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; Heya folks, I'm doing a second run of the game for any trophies I missed and I think I might ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The eBook in Tong's office

Heya folks, I'm doing a second run of the game for any trophies I missed and I think I might have screwed up on the eBook one. Thing is, there's an eBook in Tong's office and I accidentally locked myself out of it. I was just screwing around in the basement of The Hive and came upon a vent. As with any other vent in the game I went through and saw a cutscene with Tong and a Belltower captain. The mission objective was to find anything implicating Tong in the crime involving The Dutchman and the game considers the cutscene as fulfilling it. The other way is of course to talk to Tong himself and convince him to let you in.

As I never spoke to him and he doesn't show up as the bartender anymore I am unable to enter his office to retrieve the eBook. So my question is; Is it possible to enter his office later on in the game? Note that his doorlock can't be hacked and I was stupidly only keeping a single save file.

DAMN YOU FUBAR DIFFICULTY

Sry to say this... u probably have to start over
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw
    Next plat : Spec Ops: The Line - 91%

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    Sry to say this... u probably have to start over
    Ah, what a bummer. Can anyone else confirm that this is absolutely the case?

Ice Cream Firefighter

im sorry but here is your confirmation you have to not see that cutscene & talk to him as a bartender

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    im sorry but here is your confirmation you have to not see that cutscene & talk to him as a bartender
    Oh well, looks like a third playthrough for me. Is it okay if I keep this thread up so anyone seeing it won't have the same accident? Or could the trophy guide maybe be updated to include this information?

Ice Cream Firefighter

the threads will always be here for others to see maybe they should update the guide but im guessing whoever wrote it has moved on & are not worrying about it because of new guides it took me 2 tries to plat the game but played it about 6 times its a great game I loved it so dont stress about a 3rd time

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles