So many damn missable trophies!

This is a discussion on So many damn missable trophies! within the Deus Ex: Human Revolution forum, part of the D; so i just got this game from a friend a few days ago, and i was actually exited to play ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

So many damn missable trophies!

so i just got this game from a friend a few days ago, and i was actually exited to play it , 1st thing i checked the trophy guide and i see like 20 missable trophies.. bummer! , but wait that's not all then i see trophies like finish game without killing anyone... i'm not saying that there difficult, it's just that the trophies in this game ruin like half of the experience, u can't kill no one how the heck would u enjoy the game without whoping asses, and i have to check a guide every time and then so i don't miss nothing.. i gotta say deus ex has 1 of the worst trophy sets iv'e ever seen, the trophies of this game ruins the awesome game for trophy hunters...

sig made by TheGeneral09

The only sane person here

Heh it's a good thing I'm planning on buying this game on steam then.

Lvl 8 - Gold

er, play the game through. Enjoy it then trophy whore it?

Kiwi Defender

Eh... The game is designed so a stealthy&non-lethal playthrough is more rewarding in terms of XP. I guess you've never played a Deus Ex in your life. Also, it's not mandatory for you to do so, there's no in-game law or code that makes it impossible for you to beat the game unless you don't kill anyone or are never seen by anyone, so stop over-reacting. If you can't be arsed to get the plat, then don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    Heh it's a good thing I'm planning on buying this game on steam then.
    It still has Steam Achievements in it lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zoro View Post
    so i just got this game from a friend a few days ago, and i was actually exited to play it , 1st thing i checked the trophy guide and i see like 20 missable trophies.. bummer! , but wait that's not all then i see trophies like finish game without killing anyone... i'm not saying that there difficult, it's just that the trophies in this game ruin like half of the experience, u can't kill no one how the heck would u enjoy the game without whoping asses, and i have to check a guide every time and then so i don't miss nothing.. i gotta say deus ex has 1 of the worst trophy sets iv'e ever seen, the trophies of this game ruins the awesome game for trophy hunters...
    I am currently playing this game now and it is far more enjoyable using stealth and not killing anyone. Figuring out ways to get past camera's and guards without even making a noise is just great. I love this game...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron28 View Post
    er, play the game through. Enjoy it then trophy whore it?
    like i said it will only ruin the experience for those who go for trophies, and i'm pretty darn sure i'm not the only person in the world who aims for platinums so in ur saying yes ill trophy whore it problem?

sig made by TheGeneral09

Kiwi Defender

like i said it will only ruin the experience for those who go for trophies, and i'm pretty darn sure i'm not the only person in the world who aims for platinums so in ur saying yes ill trophy whore it problem?
    It doesn't ruin the experience for those who go for trophies . I got the plat and I enjoyed every second out of it. Guess you are just one of those who can't enjoy something unless they hack n' slash their way through the game.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

The Grand Ray Legend

I platted it in Nov, there are alot of missable trophys in this game, I had to do like 7 playthroughs just to get them, awesome game though
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Eh... The game is designed so a stealthy&non-lethal playthrough is more rewarding in terms of XP. I guess you've never played a Deus Ex in your life. Also, it's not mandatory for you to do so, there's no in-game law or code that makes it impossible for you to beat the game unless you don't kill anyone or are never seen by anyone, so stop over-reacting. If you can't be arsed to get the plat, then don't get it.

It still has Steam Achievements in it lol.
    i have no problem with stealth, iv'e played all the mgs games in case u think i don't know what stealth games mean .. but sometimes idk bout u but u feel like killing as well and use that cool blade on his arm or whatever u got all those awesome lethal weapons in the game but u can't use em except against bosses well .. it's my opinion don't care wither u respect it or not

sig made by TheGeneral09

Kiwi Defender

i have no problem with stealth, iv'e played all the mgs games in case u think i don't know what stealth games mean .. but sometimes idk bout u but u feel like killing as well and use that cool blade on his arm or whatever u got all those awesome lethal weapons in the game but u can't use em except against bosses well .. it's my opinion don't care wither u respect it or not
    Oh yes, I respect your opinion, I just don't see why you are complaining when:

• You don't have to get the plat. If you want tokill everyone and can't be arsed to be stealthy, just kill them!
    • The game was designed in such a way that stealth and non-lethal takedowns help you out more (so you win more than if you killed them useless guards).
    • You can still play however you want to and get the plat another playthrough. There's no need to get everything in one run, afterall.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

one of the most enjoyable platinum i had. got it after 2 playthroughs. while not even checking the trophy guide and just enjoyed the game in my first playthrough.

stop being a trophy whore and just enjoy a game.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Play the game for the sake of playing it, not the trophies. If you play games based solely on trophies then you have a problem.

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    It doesn't ruin the experience for those who go for trophies . I got the plat and I enjoyed every second out of it. Guess you are just one of those who can't enjoy something unless they hack n' slash their way through the game.
    The DLC-fest needs to take a chill pill so I can finally get and play this game. Everything I hear about it is awesome. Plus, the guide we have for it rocks.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    The DLC-fest needs to take a chill pill so I can finally get and play this game. Everything I hear about it is awesome. Plus, the guide we have for it rocks.
    It does indeed. The plat isn't that hard at all...just really finicky and irritating.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

To the OP, Deus Ex is best played at your own leisure on your first playthrough; do not worry about trophies at all! Then on your second playthrough, feel free to tackle the plat if you want but hey, games are not wholly about trophies but rather how much you enjoy playing them. Sure, there are a lot of missables here but the Deus Ex plat is not that hard by itself, but just frustrating, that is all. Have fun! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |