Post game questions (solo Barbarian on easy)

This is a discussion on Post game questions (solo Barbarian on easy) within the Diablo III forum, part of the D; I'm playing as a Barbarian and have recently beaten the game on Inferno. My primary targets are now to collect ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Post game questions (solo Barbarian on easy)

I'm playing as a Barbarian and have recently beaten the game on Inferno. My primary targets are now to collect 5 million gold, finish those 100 treasure goblins and getting stronger to eventually beat Belial on Inferno before his Bad Breath attack reaches me.

I'm playing the game on easy and want to keep it that way unless there are some very very convincing reasons to play on higher difficulties. Background info you don't need to read unless you want to convince me to try Master 1-5 or want to leave some elitist comments: I never took great interest in Diablo like games and I find this point and click control of your hero on PC highly unsatisfying. I finished Sacred many years back on PC and started Titan Quest but games like these did never interest me in a way other games do. I thought it might be different on console where you actually control the hero directly with analogue stick but it turned out it was still just so so for me. I've borrowed this game from a friend and after I got some impressions I don't want to leave the trophy list unfinished because it looks very doable. However I'm not feeling like taking the hassle to bother with Master 1-5 difficulties to farm more efficiently so don't recommend it to me unless there is a very good reason to do that. Thank you.

I have a few questions for the "post game" content now that all I need to do is getting stronger and farming, farming, farming:

- Is there any other effect of Paragon levels than just the increase in odds to find better equipment / more gold?

- So far I've read for the hell fire ring it is required to first finish five bosses (I guess that's the yellow/golden labeled enemies) before taking on the key wardens that there's at all a chance that they drop the keys. Is that true? I would have bothered to get that item if there was always a chance to get it (and even if it was only 1%, it wouldn't disturb me as I also had enough patience to farm all the stones in Demon's Souls). But if each time I chapter select and take on the enemy I have to wait for five random bosses before and finish them I'll not bother with that any further since I'd probably get the five million gold before I can get the ring anyway doing this on easy or normal.

- For a Barbarian using primarily whirlwind, would you recommend to farm for any sets or is it better just to take the best random gear (Any unique items in particular?)? My primary goal is obviously to get gold find close to 300%. Since I need to beat Belial without getting hit by his breath attack I'll also need to increase raw damage, attack speed and critical hit chance / damage.

- Related to the previous question: Did you actually have positive experience beating the Belial challenges with a Barbarian (solo, not with coop exploits)? I'd be quite pissed if I had to start another game with another class and play through the game another 3 1/2 times, especially since the first three playthroughs would hardly contribute to my goal to collect five million gold but would be only for this single challenge.

Negator

If you want good gear and XP (Paragon lvls), you wont find it on Easy difficulty. At the very least, play Hell hard or Inferno normal.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Proud Greek Gamer

I played with a Barbarian and earned my plat on Inferno easy, there is no need to attempt Master 1-5. Don't go for sets since they just eat up your time.As for Belial there is an ability you can put on the button called Leap. Use it to jump above Belial's bad breath and finish that bastard off. Hope you find these tips helpful,it's how I got my

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09

Lvl 5 - Silver

Thank you both for your replies.

Didn't get it working with Leap but after trying a few different strategies I was lucky and Belial summoned his meteors before doing his breath attack which gave me enough time to finish him off on Inferno / easy.

I was trying to play a few sections on Master I but I'm dying a lot and constantly repairing my equipment will eventually ruin me so I'll stick to normal (which is hardly a difference from easy for my character) for now and repeat act III until I have those 100 treasure goblins. Then I'm going to reconsider. Grinding gold is a very sloooow procedure currently. Need to find some items to boost my gold find.

Proud Greek Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    Thank you both for your replies.

Didn't get it working with Leap but after trying a few different strategies I was lucky and Belial summoned his meteors before doing his breath attack which gave me enough time to finish him off on Inferno / easy.

I was trying to play a few sections on Master I but I'm dying a lot and constantly repairing my equipment will eventually ruin me so I'll stick to normal (which is hardly a difference from easy for my character) for now and repeat act III until I have those 100 treasure goblins. Then I'm going to reconsider. Grinding gold is a very sloooow procedure currently. Need to find some items to boost my gold find.
    Glad you took care of Belial,he's really annoying. Good luck !

Signature and Avatar made by the awesome TheGeneral09