View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

7 58.33%
  • 4 - Hard

3 25.00%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 16.67%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dirt 3 forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Similar difficulty to DiRT 2. Although it was slightly harder because there were more online trophies than the last game. Plus some that required luck, like being picked as the 'mouse' in a Cat and Mouse race.

Sig by Dsluckay/ Avy by In2
    "I know why you're here. And we're all here, cause we're not all there."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

not overly hard just some of the dc challenges were frustrating as hell

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not too hard execpt few DC challenges and getting the superstar fanbase ranking took sometime.

I'm back!!!

not hard, i thought the level up took some time and the bobsled challenge took me a lot of retries, overall great game

So many of our members here at PS3T wonder why the site has become less active but YOU should know the reason if you are not even willing to participate in the End of the Year Awards. If the site is going to have a rebuild it's going to start with all of you being loyal and active here.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Gonna have to go with a 4. The DC challenges can be controller breakingly stupid hard. They're not to be taken lightly. You can either deal with the frustration and grind your way through it, or you give up. That and a 15 hour grind to level 35 in online play. eehhhhhh.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

First of all this was an awesome game. Still has a lot of replay value online. The grind to lvl 35 was actually fun.
    I gave it a 3 just because the DC challenges were a pain, but after a few tries became doable. The Flag Stealer trophy was also a bit challenging.

Toggle Spoiler

Hater of Humans.....

i have yet to try dirt 3, you guys reccomend it?

"Plenty of time to sleep when im dead"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Fuckno.gif

The DC challenges are the hardest part of the game. You have to have a high level of control and feel of the car you are driving to get anywhere near the goal for them. And then you need to find a way to be better than that requirement. Talking a personal investment of 3 hours on them alone adjusting car settings and practicing.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard - it was a big grind getting to level 35 online, and it was hard to beat the bobsleigh and the drift tutorial with Platinum medals. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hard...DC challenges are killing me and not as many online now