Dawnguard is Longer Than Dishonoured

This is a discussion on Dawnguard is Longer Than Dishonoured within the Dishonored forum, part of the D; According to this articles posted back in mid June Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion alone is longer than Dishonoured. I just thought ...

Banned

Dawnguard is Longer Than Dishonoured

According to this articles posted back in mid June Skyrim's Dawnguard expansion alone is longer than Dishonoured.
    I just thought I would make this a thread to warn people who are still on fence about buying it and expecting it to be longer than it actually is.
    Skyrim Dawnguard DLC is longer than Dishonored | The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim News | GameZone

Lvl 4 - Silver

That cant be possible... But then again its Bethesda vs. Arkane Studios. Bethesda knows what they are doing and is well experienced in making long games. Im not to sure about Arkane Studios. But I say give them a chance at their game. 12-14 hours or 24-28 hours isn't bad for what I'm assuming is a somewhat linear game.

The only thing keeping me some distance from this game is it could be another Brink. Great ad to make you think its going to be good and then it comes out and there s a lot wrong with it. Not saying thats the case, just thats why I'm keeping my distance.

Visit My Art Page: http://artithan-artpage.blogspot.ca/ You Won't Regret It.

'But I dont want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
    'Oh, you can't help that.' said the Cat: 'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad.'
    'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    'You must be,' said the Cat, 'Or you wouldn't have come here.'
    -Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

And here I was thinking that Dawnguard wasn't that long...

PRO Member

when dlc is longer than a whole game thats really sad, this is why i get games a thirty bucks so if i feel disappointed about the game iwont be wishing i hadnt bought it new. the only real exception is metal gear games, which consistantly get an 8 or above from game informer which rarley dissapoint.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Artithan View Post
    That cant be possible... But then again its Bethesda vs. Arkane Studios. Bethesda knows what they are doing and is well experienced in making long games. Im not to sure about Arkane Studios. But I say give them a chance at their game. 12-14 hours or 24-28 hours isn't bad for what I'm assuming is a somewhat linear game.

The only thing keeping me some distance from this game is it could be another Brink. Great ad to make you think its going to be good and then it comes out and there s a lot wrong with it. Not saying thats the case, just thats why I'm keeping my distance.
    I'm sure they won't pull a Splash Damage on us (developers of Brink), so I'm not too worried about that. But then again, anything is possible at this point.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Indie Game Developer

From what I've seen of Dishonored so far, I'm still very skeptical. I was never planning on trusting it with a Day 1 Purchase, but this gives me even more reason to keep my distance. We'll see how it fares after it's first few months, and if it does well, maybe I'll pick it up at $20.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Du wirst geil

Why should something like this deter people from buying and/or liking the game? :stare:

Now, I can see your point, people want a enjoyable experience without feeling like they wasted their money because the game is only 8-10 hours long. But at the same time, the devs have said there are multiple ways of playing the game, even on subsequent playthroughs, so even if it were to be 8-10 hours long, you could still go back and play it again but choosing different paths to play. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

not to mention that DLC will never come out
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Rangers F.C

The game could be short say 15h but if you play it 100 times then your laughing
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

#hashtag

Well personally Dishonored from what I played,for those who play through games just once,I find it very hard to recommend.

There's no innovation or anything bar raising here but it feels well done and consistent throughout and most of all giving the player actual choice over the situation instead of oh yeah.....

But for 60$ its price is a little too steep I suggest picking it up when the price drops.

Bringing the PAIN

Well that's convenient... Considering we can't play Dawnguard at all... So I am not sure how that fact affects any PS3 players...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

After reading the various 'iffy' reviews on this game, I'm doubting I'll get this anytime soon. When I first saw the trailer I was stoked. I read up on it, found some people liked it, and then many only gave it a five or a six on the ten star rating. I still would like to play it, but until I watch actual gameplay, I'm going to do what everyone else is and wait until the price drops.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycake- View Post
    After reading the various 'iffy' reviews on this game, I'm doubting I'll get this anytime soon. When I first saw the trailer I was stoked. I read up on it, found some people liked it, and then many only gave it a five or a six on the ten star rating. I still would like to play it, but until I watch actual gameplay, I'm going to do what everyone else is and wait until the price drops.
    I reckon the game is great, I'd say 9/10.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden View Post
    I reckon the game is great, I'd say 9/10.
    I will take that into consideration. Thank you.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycake- View Post
    Are you meaning Dishonored? If that's the case I think most people should at least give it a try. It's my favorite game this year, a GotY contender in my books. It starts off a little slow, and that may be why it got average scores. But around chapter 5 it really starts to get fun.

#cutformesa

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Le Wild Trophy Hunter

i've heard mixed reviews for Dishonored aside from this thread but i'm glad i picked it up for half off on a black friday special still need to play it though, probably will after i'm done playing Fallout 3 again