View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

7 29.17%
  • Moderate

16 66.67%
  • Hard

1 4.17%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dishonored forum, part of the D; Thanks to dsluckay for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to dsluckay for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by dsluckay; 10-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I found this game pretty easy to plat but just time consuming so i give it a 5/10,my 1st run i did i decided to knock out as many as the stealthy trophys as possible so i dint kill anyone,get seen and i also decided not to upgrade any powers and only use blink so on my next run i could go crazy and use everything lol my next run i collected all the collectables and cleaned up all the other trophys i missed so i only had to do the 2 playthroughs which saved time.I personally loved the game i had my eye on it from the 1st videos i seen off it and it didnt disapoint me

#cutformesa

This really isn't a difficult game. It just takes a little patience and awareness of what you're doing, but this isn't a game that's going to make people rage. If you're consistently having trouble in a certain spot, then try one of the several other ways to proceed with your mission.

A playthrough with no alerts and no kills can be a bit time-consuming because you're going to be painfully aware of each little thing you do, and you'll be moving at a snail's pace. However, the High Chaos/killing playthrough can take you as little as four or five hours if you've already played it once, so it balances out.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

www.powerpyx.com

2/5 - Easy
    If you use upgrades on your stealth run then it is quite easy. With Possession you can get past any tricky area.
    The high chaos run is really no problem. You can play the entire game on easy difficulty and sprint through the missions. No big deal.

Change is good

3 - Moderate. It isn't a difficult platinum, but if you aren't great at stealth you may have a little trouble. The hardest trophies are just completing the game without killing anyone and without getting detected. They seem almost impossible before you start but once you do, it becomes fun.

Death to zombies!!

I voted Moderate nothing to hard as long as you take your time and plan your path.

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Du wirst geil

3- Moderate. I finally got this after frustratingly playing through a 4th time then having to go back because the Clean Hands and Ghost trophies glitched on me. Other than that, this is my quickest platinum so far. And the funnest

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate, clean hands and ghost were a bit annoying. anyone who is have trouble found a video walk through by Red Dragon that was awesome but too little too late for me.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 6 - Silver

I voted moderate, loved this game but very glitchy clean hands and ghost trophy made it a pain.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate. The stealth run is what had me worried on this one. But if you watch the Red Dragon vids like Bai Shi said they will help u immensely. This game takes at least two play-throughs in order to platinum it. But it really takes two play-throughs in order to fully appreciate it IMO. I was really irritated with it at one point but once I found those vids it was fun again. And I had no glitch issues with Clean Hands etc etc thank god!

PRO Member

Moderate 3 - At first I really didn't like the game but continued playing and couldn't put it down until I got the plat. The game is more time consuming then difficult as you need to do a min of 2 playthroughs but I did 3 just to get used to the game on first run. The hardest trophy is completing the game without getting spotted or killing anyone which got annoying after a while as you need to saves it in loads of places and the game takes time to load.

Recommend it

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate because i played my stealth run on my first playthrough with no upgrades so it took some time getting used to and my first playthrough was like 15hrs long. Other than that easy plat

PRO Member

Moderate - Awesome game I really like the idea of mixing all of these other great series together for one game. I think they mastered the playstyle and made for a fun playthough

Lvl 7 - Gold

I voted Easy.

if you use Red Dragons guide for the no kills/alerts then the game is so easy. The only thing that gave me trouble were a few of the levels with not having any upgrades, but everything can be done on Easy. The 5 suicudes and 5 killing their own allies got a bit annoying due to counters resetting if you die... too bad i didn't know and i would've saved 30 minutes of my time

Amazing game though, wish it was longer though.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate, still haven't been bothered doing it, but a good challenge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy although the suicide was annoying
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

KCCO!

I rated it Easy. You need to do two playthroughs minimum, but the campaign is relatively short, so the two playthroughs go by quickly. The entire plat can be done on the EASY difficulty. There are a couple of trophies that are a bit of a nuisance, but nothing to the point of being rage-inducing. Overall, a pretty fun game with a relatively easy plat.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate for me, since I didn't use any guides, clean hands trophy was the hardest for me. The game is so amazing though, I was so psyched to play the game on high chaos.
    Awesome Sig by ERICVOLTAGE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It wasn't that hard of a Plat really, but it did take me a bit to complete. I think if I had used a guide, it would have gone faster. I liked having to get through the game without killing anyone and without being detected. It was a challenge, but it was extremely fun for me.
    Sometimes, I wish life had a Pause Button....

Dull Ember

2 Easy. When I read the trophy description and guide I thought this was going to be a nightmare as it looked real confusing but it's not, it's straightforward with no difficult trophies. I found Low Chaos much more fun than High Chaos. A good game, I'd recommend it.