Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts so far?

This is a discussion on Thoughts so far? within the Dishonored forum, part of the D; K, so far in, I've found no trace of a Bethesda game i.e game breaking bugs so all those people ...

Du wirst geil

Thoughts so far?

K, so far in, I've found no trace of a Bethesda game i.e game breaking bugs so all those people who are afraid of picking this up because it has Bethesda's name on it, you can relax also I was just wondering what your guys' thoughts were?

Myself, I'm enjoying it, not had too much trouble getting used to the physics and control/button mapping. I did just notice however, as in these past 5 minutes, when your cast Dark Vision and then equip The Heart, you'll stay in Dark Vision until you cancel it. Pretty good way of sneaking around enemies when looking for runes and bone charms Whether this is a glitch, part of the game or whatever is yet to be seen, but I'd exploit it as much as possible just in case lol

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have this at home waiting for me. I plan on installing it tonight. I will be sure to give my opinion of it once ive played enough to actually have one.

Angel of Death

I'm waiting for Black Friday to buy it, but from what I've seen on YouTube, it looks really good. If I could afford another $60 game right now, it would definitely be this one.

Rangers F.C

Was going to get it tomorrow but got SH Downpour and its really good so think I will get Dishonored next week or so but I am sure this game will be a classic
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It's pretty good, I swapped borderlands 2 and Skyrim for it and don't regret that
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Rangers F.C

Had ordered this on Lovefilm and never expected to get it as soon , it posted today will give a short review soon

Change is good

My biggest problem is that it blatantly rips off games.

The actual game however is a lot of fun.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    My biggest problem is that it blatantly rips off games.

The actual game however is a lot of fun.
    I keep missing bioshock as I play this game, especailly the gold highlights and voiceovers.

But it's a good game, just not bioshock
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Rangers F.C

Played it for about 40 mins earlier today and I am aware that is not long but can say already I am going to love this game , graphically it looks totally amazing and the controls just feel great and the games environment is beautiful , had read in a review its attention to detail had similarities to Valves work and I would totally agree , its the same kind of feel as Halflife

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by a_random_dude View Post
    I keep missing bioshock as I play this game, especailly the gold highlights and voiceovers.

But it's a good game, just not bioshock
    Bioshock and Splinter Cell were the biggest familiarities I found, but goddamn Bioshock got ripped off a lot.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Game is a lot like the Thief franchise, if I had to draw a major influence that it feels like, that would be it; but the developers said they wanted to borrow elements from many games and create them into it's own experience. I would dare say they succeeded, because this game offers multiple pathways and a battle system that exceeds it's influences in almost every way.

I'm finding the game to be great, with lots of nooks and crannies to explore, and finding that a lot of the power sets help add to the element of exploration. The stealth element is really good with a control scheme that after a few minutes of using becomes second-nature and is ridiculously intuitive. The voice acting is top notch, and all of the characters when they speak capture your attention - whether it be the assassination target, or some NPC chatter about whether or not what they are doing is the right thing.

The world is ambient, and the graphics may be a slight bit lacking on the console version - but the detail and consistency of the world make it feel alive, as Dunwall becomes an instant-classic gaming world.

I'd prefer the music be a bit more prominent and help a bit with the mood, instead you're stuck with something that feels tacked on at times, and your typical "alert" danger theme when in danger or in combat. I also wish that there was a way to set specific way points from time to time, because sometimes when you have your heart equipped and are seeking things the screen can become a bit cluttered, and sometimes mildly disorienting.

Overall a really solid game, that plays well, and keeps you coming back - not going to have a hard time playing through multiple times to get the platinum because I truly enjoy seeing the world, and it's changes as your decisions affect it as you go along. As of now, this edges out Borderlands 2 by a smidge as my leading GOTY candidate, but that could change depending on how I feel about the game when I am finished with it.

---

People really need to stop with the rip-off comments, this game has it's own feel, and as you progress and become immersed further within it, you really shed the comparisons/ As you continually play, you realize that the elements included in the game, are there to enrich the experience, the lore, and the world itself and nothing is thrown in to try and capture from a rival game, but are there because they fit into the overall experience.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Played it for about 40 mins earlier today and I am aware that is not long but can say already I am going to love this game , graphically it looks totally amazing and the controls just feel great and the games environment is beautiful , had read in a review its attention to detail had similarities to Valves work and I would totally agree , its the same kind of feel as Halflife
    That would be because the design was by the same guy who worked on Half Life I don't really mind if the life span of the story is relatively short, I'm having fun experimenting with the powers and trying different approaches, even to some of the side missions. I can honestly say this is a solid 8/8.5 for me, I would give it a 9 but I'm barely just past the first assassination so I'll give a better review as I progress in the game. I already feel bad, since I got Borderlands 2, I started playing that, then I picked up Darksiders 2, and Borderlands 2 got put on the back burner, then Darksiders 2 got put on the back burner when this game hit....I'm such a

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    Game is a lot like the Thief franchise, if I had to draw a major influence that it feels like, that would be it; but the developers said they wanted to borrow elements from many games and create them into it's own experience. I would dare say they succeeded, because this game offers multiple pathways and a battle system that exceeds it's influences in almost every way.

I'm finding the game to be great, with lots of nooks and crannies to explore, and finding that a lot of the power sets help add to the element of exploration. The stealth element is really good with a control scheme that after a few minutes of using becomes second-nature and is ridiculously intuitive. The voice acting is top notch, and all of the characters when they speak capture your attention - whether it be the assassination target, or some NPC chatter about whether or not what they are doing is the right thing.

The world is ambient, and the graphics may be a slight bit lacking on the console version - but the detail and consistency of the world make it feel alive, as Dunwall becomes an instant-classic gaming world.

I'd prefer the music be a bit more prominent and help a bit with the mood, instead you're stuck with something that feels tacked on at times, and your typical "alert" danger theme when in danger or in combat. I also wish that there was a way to set specific way points from time to time, because sometimes when you have your heart equipped and are seeking things the screen can become a bit cluttered, and sometimes mildly disorienting.

Overall a really solid game, that plays well, and keeps you coming back - not going to have a hard time playing through multiple times to get the platinum because I truly enjoy seeing the world, and it's changes as your decisions affect it as you go along. As of now, this edges out Borderlands 2 by a smidge as my leading GOTY candidate, but that could change depending on how I feel about the game when I am finished with it.

---

People really need to stop with the rip-off comments, this game has it's own feel, and as you progress and become immersed further within it, you really shed the comparisons/ As you continually play, you realize that the elements included in the game, are there to enrich the experience, the lore, and the world itself and nothing is thrown in to try and capture from a rival game, but are there because they fit into the overall experience.
    What I highlighted in bold, I couldn't agree more with. Wasn't it Arkane Studios the ones that produced the Thief franchise anyways?

Crocodile Hunter

I dnt wanna get it if its a super small campaign that need to be played a few times for the that would become a grind

Sig by Apokolypz

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    What I highlighted in bold, I couldn't agree more with. Wasn't it Arkane Studios the ones that produced the Thief franchise anyways?
    Nope, according to wiki this is their previous project list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I dnt wanna get it if its a super small campaign that need to be played a few times for the that would become a grind
    I'm on the sixth mission, and doing it the stealth way on this play through - it's been about 8-10 hours total input so far, and that's about the half way point. If you were to run through the game, guns blazing and murdering everything along your path, maybe you could do it in 5 hours, but I find it unlikely because you'd have to know your way around certain obstacles to do so, but it's possible. The things being said about the game being short I feel were exaggerated. Not to mention if you go on a kill everything play through as opposed to a stealth play through the game would be quite a bit different.

If you kill everything, it raises the "chaos" of the world, and changes it to be something that looks completely different than if you went non-lethal (or minimum kills). So the world itself changes completely depending on how you play the game with added mobs, obstacles, and different reactions from nearly everybody involved in the game. So if what is deterring you from trying the title is the length or repetition, I don't think you have anything to worry about in either department from being an obstacle from you enjoying the game or feeling as if you have got your money's worth.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

My Own Worst Enemy

This game was good; until I finished my no kills or alerts playthrough and only got the Shadow trophy. The game withheld the other two trophies I should have received (Ghost and Clean Hands). So needless to say I'm pissed. I went through and looked at the stats for each mission afterwords, and on mission 1&3 I had a body found, but still had the no alerted enemies or kills. So I'm gonna play those over and hope it resolves itself.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i finally got the plat about an 30mins ago and it was an awesome game

Lvl 6 - Silver

My early opinion of this game is that it's boring as shit. I've only been able to play it for like 45 min at a time cuz it damn near puts me to sleep and then I just switch over to Borderlands 2. A game I already have the plat for and would still rather play than Dishonored. God I hope it grows on me. I was really excited about playing this.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    My early opinion of this game is that it's boring as shit. I've only been able to play it for like 45 min at a time cuz it damn near puts me to sleep and then I just switch over to Borderlands 2. A game I already have the plat for and would still rather play than Dishonored. God I hope it grows on me. I was really excited about playing this.
    Hmm this is a bit harsh , sure you got the right game I have found it very interesting ?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Hmm this is a bit harsh , sure you got the right game I have found it very interesting ?
    So far I just can't get into it. I'll keep giving it a chance for the time being. If I keep feeling the same way about it, I'm just gonna move onto Darksiders II. I hated Assassin's Creed II at first too but that really grew on me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast