Results 1 to 14 of 14

how does replaying missions work?

This is a discussion on how does replaying missions work? within the Dishonored forum, part of the D; just finished the game and i plan on going back through each mission to get trophies i missed and sokolov ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    how does replaying missions work?

    just finished the game and i plan on going back through each mission to get trophies i missed and sokolov paintings before i try my ghost playthrough, do i need to finish each mission to get the collectables saved? or can i just get the paintings ,save, and then start the next mission? how about powers i acquire? will they carry over to next mission or do i need to buy them again? i havent upgraded any supernatural powers but have a lot of runes to use

  2. #2
    Death to zombies!!
    stupot00's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    BRISTOL, UK
    Posts
    1,815
    Reputation
    199

    When you replay a mission you will have the powers(runes) and upgrades that you had at that point in your main playthrough.

    As for the paintings im not to sure as i collected them all in one playthrough, i guess if you see a auto-save logo after picking up a painting you will be ok to save and quit there and then instead of finishing the mission but dont quote me on that




    Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133


    My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

  3. #3
    WHO DAT!!!!
    gixxerrider's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    549
    Reputation
    8

    stu is rite, you can hit it and quit it

  4. #4
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    so if i upgrade my powers in one mission and then go to another mission ill have to upgrade again? thanks for the info guys

  5. #5
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    so that didnt work, went through each mission, collected all paintings, finished the mission to make sure it got saved and no trophy, when i look at mission stats it shows i collected all paintings, really dont want to have to play through again just for paintings

  6. #6
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Splee009's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    619
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    so that didnt work, went through each mission, collected all paintings, finished the mission to make sure it got saved and no trophy, when i look at mission stats it shows i collected all paintings, really dont want to have to play through again just for paintings
    Im afraid you do. You have to get the collectibles in one play thru. It's not that bad man, it's a short game. Just blow thru it and collect them.



  7. #7
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    Im afraid you do. You have to get the collectibles in one play thru. It's not that bad man, it's a short game. Just blow thru it and collect them.
    yeah its just kind of aggravating to play through a third time just for collectables when there is a mission select option

  8. #8
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    No you have to replay the game to get the collectables. I tried to just used mission select as well but it didn't work.

  9. #9
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    No you have to replay the game to get the collectables. I tried to just used mission select as well but it didn't work.
    well you can use missions select from mission 2 and play straight through 7, but thats most of a playthrough anyways so i might as well do a third playthrough, i do have to get pendleton with steam as well which didnt work the first 2 times i did it for some reason that i dont understand

  10. #10
    Change is mediocre
    Luckalicious's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,583
    Reputation
    442

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    well you can use missions select from mission 2 and play straight through 7, but thats most of a playthrough anyways so i might as well do a third playthrough, i do have to get pendleton with steam as well which didnt work the first 2 times i did it for some reason that i dont understand
    Are you sure about that? I don't think it would even work like that.

  11. #11
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Are you sure about that? I don't think it would even work like that.
    well maybe not, ill never find out since i plan to do a speed playthrough just focused on the paintings, but i figure if you started from mission 2 and played through 7 with just using continue then the trophy would unlock since it would all be on the same save file, but i could be wrong

  12. #12
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Splee009's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    619
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    well you can use missions select from mission 2 and play straight through 7, but thats most of a playthrough anyways so i might as well do a third playthrough, i do have to get pendleton with steam as well which didnt work the first 2 times i did it for some reason that i dont understand
    He was never in that steam room for me. You may be killing a regular guard in there with steam. I had to find him, knock him out and drag him into the steam room. Unless you mean that it glitched on you and you're certain it was Pendleton.



  13. #13
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    He was never in that steam room for me. You may be killing a regular guard in there with steam. I had to find him, knock him out and drag him into the steam room. Unless you mean that it glitched on you and you're certain it was Pendleton.
    first time the quest arrow was in the steam room, he was in there with a woman, turned on the steam, they started complaining and then didnt die so i had to go in the room and killed him with my blade, the second time was when i was replaying to get the paintings, killed him with the steam but the trophy didnt pop, i figured it had to be on a single playthrough, but ive gotten some of the other optional kill/not kill trophies through mission select so im not sure exactly what happened, gotta do a painting playthrough anyways so ill try him for a third time

  14. #14
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Splee009's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    619
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    first time the quest arrow was in the steam room, he was in there with a woman, turned on the steam, they started complaining and then didnt die so i had to go in the room and killed him with my blade, the second time was when i was replaying to get the paintings, killed him with the steam but the trophy didnt pop, i figured it had to be on a single playthrough, but ive gotten some of the other optional kill/not kill trophies through mission select so im not sure exactly what happened, gotta do a painting playthrough anyways so ill try him for a third time
    Pretty sure I used mission select to clean up that trophy. That's weird, you turned on the steam but it didn't kill them? That's wild.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO