any tips for stealth playthrough?

This is a discussion on any tips for stealth playthrough? within the Dishonored forum, part of the D; just started my no alerts/no kills playthrough and already had so much trouble getting past the first few guards, makes ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

any tips for stealth playthrough?

just started my no alerts/no kills playthrough and already had so much trouble getting past the first few guards, makes it difficult when you dont have the powers that you are accustomed to having at your disposal to sneak about, i was wondering if i should go for all the paintings as well as all the runes or should i just go for the quickest way through and avoid as much contact as possible? any tips for particularly difficult areas would be appreciated as well

Death to zombies!!

I used the video guide by these guys to help with any spots i got stuck on

Dishonored - 100% Stealth No Kills Mission 01 Walkthrough (Clean Hands & Ghost Achievements) - YouTube

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nah dude, find videos by Red Dragon on YouTube. You'll have each mission done in like 10 minutes. And he uses just Blink with no upgrades. So he won't be porting to areas you can't get to if you're also going for 'Mostly Flesh And Steel'. Also, the only reason I can think for you to hunt down the runes is to have enough for Bend Time I and II in order to get 'Hornet's Nest' and 'Tempest' out of the way. Personally, I saved the paintings and side quests for Granny Rags and Slackjaw for a third play-through.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    Nah dude, find videos by Red Dragon on YouTube. You'll have each mission done in like 10 minutes. And he uses just Blink with no upgrades. So he won't be porting to areas you can't get to if you're also going for 'Mostly Flesh And Steel'. Also, the only reason I can think for you to hunt down the runes is to have enough for Bend Time I and II in order to get 'Hornet's Nest' and Tempest out of the way.
    already got pretty much all combat trophies, just need stealth and paintings

All out of bubblegum.....

Awesome question Ferret, and awesome vid Stu... I got pissed off after 3 hours trying to do stealth on first mission... perhaps I'm just as big and clumsy in games as I am in RL... lol.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Lvl 10 - Platinum

alright, so ive gotten through the 2nd mission with both checkmarks checked, that means im good to go on right? even though i had some bodies found and alarms rung? i also sleep darted campbell and curnow and when i got back to hounds pit calista said her uncle must have been killed, but as long as no deaths was checkmarked im alright right?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    alright, so ive gotten through the 2nd mission with both checkmarks checked, that means im good to go on right? even though i had some bodies found and alarms rung? i also sleep darted campbell and curnow and when i got back to hounds pit calista said her uncle must have been killed, but as long as no deaths was checkmarked im alright right?
    Yeah, you should be good to go. The only time I've heard tell of someone having a checkmark by 'no kills' and not getting credit for it is the last mission. Destroying Granny Rags 'object of power' for her last side mission makes it bug out and counts as a kill. That's why I recommend not bothering with the side mission on your stealth play-through.