Great game, other publishers take note.

This is a discussion on Great game, other publishers take note. within the Dishonored forum, part of the D; The one thing Dishonored does perfect, actually let you play the game. So many games of late force you down ...

Chuck Norris Approved.

Great game, other publishers take note.

The one thing Dishonored does perfect, actually let you play the game. So many games of late force you down a set path. Finally a game you can actually dictate how you want to experience the game.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

Yes that was a cool feature, there are some games that let you take down your own path. It's not as much as Dishonored, but i know it happens in Crysis.

Latest : #112 / RAYMAN: Origins [VITA]

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i do have to say that while there are many paths there are really only two outcomes to each mission, either you kill the target or you incapacitate them in some fashion, there really isnt as much freedom as advertised, i still loved playing the game, but hope there is a sequel that expands on the multiple pathways to lead to even more options in the end

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really don't think this game is diverse as you say, I feel games like fallout and skyrim offer much more freedom. This is just about finding the most efficient way to do things.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by a_random_dude View Post
    I really don't think this game is diverse as you say, I feel games like fallout and skyrim offer much more freedom. This is just about finding the most efficient way to do things.
    i beg to differ. respectfully of course. fallout and skyrim may have tons of side quest and stuff to do but ultimately there is a solid path in which you must do things to make the story progress and you really have to do it the way the developers want you to. Dishonored isn't perfect by no means but it did a lot of things right and is on the right path to making one hell of a franchise

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I certainly enjoyed it for that reason, it was much like older Hitman games in that sense, the outcome is always death, but how many and in which ways are changeable.
    It adds something a lot of Singleplayer games don't offer beyond trophy hording, genuine replay value.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i beg to differ. respectfully of course. fallout and skyrim may have tons of side quest and stuff to do but ultimately there is a solid path in which you must do things to make the story progress and you really have to do it the way the developers want you to. Dishonored isn't perfect by no means but it did a lot of things right and is on the right path to making one hell of a franchise
    It may even just come down to the fact I like shoot outs more lol, I really wanted to like this game but I got bored of it pretty quick.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by a_random_dude View Post
    It may even just come down to the fact I like shoot outs more lol, I really wanted to like this game but I got bored of it pretty quick.
    i can completely understand that man. i love a big shoot out and going rambo on people as much as the next person but sometimes there's alot to be said for creeping up on a mofo and slicing a throat lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Platboy Online Knight

I am on the fence about this. Perhaps I will watch you tube videos to decide. The last game I loved lately was Tomb Raider, the story was absolute shit, but the gameplay and graphics were the best I have seen on this gen since MGS4.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i can completely understand that man. i love a big shoot out and going rambo on people as much as the next person but sometimes there's alot to be said for creeping up on a mofo and slicing a throat lol
    I enjoyed the clean hands and ghost play through I just did, just something bugs me about this game, it seems empty somehow.