Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why DmC Dante is a bad character

This is a discussion on Why DmC Dante is a bad character within the DmC: Devil May Cry forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by Ps360 But in The originals it comes off as actually funny or charming. This one he just ...

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    But in The originals it comes off as actually funny or charming.

This one he just acts like a retarded 12 year old

see: "FUCK YOU"

Punch a guy's face to get into a nightclub? write "FUCK YOU" On Clipboard

About to fight a boss? Tell her "Fuck You!"

just talking? Say "Fuck you!" for kicks.

There's a reason it's being called Fuck you: The Video game.

And again I point out - he's a teenager - even younger than he was in DMC3. He's supposed to be annoying and boorish. He's not going to be mature in his humor. How would you expect a 16-17 year old Dante to act? In all seriousness?

We're talking about a character who, in his early 20's, was talking to giant 3 headed dogs, asking if it wants to go for a walk, and in his mid-late 20's, was spouting corny one-liners to giant lava spider-scorpions. You can't possibly expect his teen self to be anything BUT an annoying, arrogant little douche.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by flyingturk View Post
    I totally agree with you... since they are so confident that a perfectly great series needs a reboot

And this Dante needs to get tea bagged by a demon, f*** he seems like such a little bitch now.

The thing that gets me the most is, if its a reboot, why change his look/attitude and keep his name the same?
    They keep the name the same cause it's the same person and if he's a younger version most teens now days act just like Dante in this game. I think there might be plenty of answers when the game comes out.

Angel of Death

I am looking forward to the new game. I like the old Dante better, and probably this game won't be as good, but it still looks good.

Writing Things

Still think it will be better than Devil May Cry 2, 3 and 4. The second game was so boring that it made DMC 3 look a lot better than it was and 4 was, well stagnant, alright to play just a little meh, even more so when Bayonetta blew it out of the water.

Even the HD version of the first game was a crushing failure and i love that game like it's my own child.

The Fuck You's may be more teenage like but Dante isn't exactly an ordinary teen so i guess my main gripe with this reboot is that seemingly, they haven't tried too hard to think of any decent one liners or make a character with a whiff of originality.

As for the gameplay, well, i shall be renting to check it out, but i will reserve full judgement til then.

Sig by DaRe_xLw

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I see a lot of varied oppinions in here and everyone is entiled to them. However, what i would like to know is why all the fuss over this new Dante? The reason i ask is because i never played the original games but i have recently bought the HD collection and im looking forward to playing it. On the whole DMC subject, the only real bad talking points (from what ive read) are DMC 2 and the new Dante, im just wondering why thats all.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I see a lot of varied oppinions in here and everyone is entiled to them. However, what i would like to know is why all the fuss over this new Dante? The reason i ask is because i never played the original games but i have recently bought the HD collection and im looking forward to playing it. On the whole DMC subject, the only real bad talking points (from what ive read) are DMC 2 and the new Dante, im just wondering why thats all.

old dante

new dante

]

bonus videos

Toggle Spoiler

The Grand Ray Legend

Haha EventStatus is awesome, His take on why the new DmC will fail is all truth
    Sig made my the talented DaRe_xLw
    Retro Sig..Be Hungry!

Too Hot

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I'll have you know that DMC4 was a DAMN good game!! Yes, DMC2 was pure shit from start to finish, but 4 was freaking awesome. I think a lot of people on this site will say the same thing. Now as far as this new one goes, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach to this game.
    Agreed
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the sig and djunglist for the avy

"I'm the old man who lives upstairs and starves his pets, then never leaves his house cause he thinks his car's possessed"

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I don't really get get the big problem. So what if its 30 vs 60fps. I've played plenty of fast paced 30fps games that play amzingly. So what if ninja theory is doing it? They did a pretty good job with Enslaved and amazing job with Heavenly Sword(only screw up is they aren't giving it trophies/making HS2) the game looks like it runs smooth, dante is still a snarky ass(just younger). Plus I've always wondered exactly why he fights for humans ad all that stuff(sorta knew already) so now we get to see him become a demon hunter.

That's my opinion, and imo sir, so is your post op. If you don't want to play it, then don't play it. I wanna play it because it looks lik a good game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I love hyperbitheroes videos and he raises some good points about this new dante.
    I'll still be buying the game though, I really do dig the levels aesthetics and want to immerse myself in the world there trying to create.
    It's just a spin off and the old dante still exists, i'll listen to this other dante's story before i write him off.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hmmm

I think it will not be as greatly received as DMC4. But we will see in January.
    <strong>
    "Where am I? It's dark and I hear laughing."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12