Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why DmC Dante is a bad character

This is a discussion on Why DmC Dante is a bad character within the DmC: Devil May Cry forum, part of the D; good video....

INTJ

Why DmC Dante is a bad character

good video.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Glad to see I'm not the only who thinks this Dante comes of looking like an arrogant little prick. I'm really hoping this game flops so we go back to the canon DMC story.

INTJ

also enjoy a giant list of why DmC will suck shit

>30fps (DMC3 and DMC4 ran at 60) >No lock on >no taunt >two evade buttons >H - Pastebin.com

this too

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only who thinks this Dante comes of looking like an arrogant little prick. I'm really hoping this game flops so we go back to the canon DMC story.
    I totally agree with you... since they are so confident that a perfectly great series needs a reboot

And this Dante needs to get tea bagged by a demon, f*** he seems like such a little bitch now.

The thing that gets me the most is, if its a reboot, why change his look/attitude and keep his name the same?

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Mr. X

It's amazing how many people know everything about games before they're even released. A few trailers and some token information and we know everything that a game has to offer. I don't even see the point in spending money on them anymore I'll just watch a few trailers and get all the experience I need.

People seriously need to let this DMC game go. It's controversial, you don't like it so stop following information on it, stop crying over it. It's happening and you don't like it. I wouldn't mind but DMC2 and 4 were shit so it's not like Capcom were guaranteed to make a stellar game. Go pop in DMC3 and be happy.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

O_o

What I most enjoyed about this video is that it's not just another rant about how Dante looks now, but more about Ninja Theory's overall disrespect and Americanization of the character. Very nice.

Aes Dana

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

The points that are made in this video and the points you are making maybe valid and if so, it will probably hinder the game but actually playing a game is a world's difference from watching videos and reading information about a game. I want to give this game a chance and i will do by purchasing it at some point. Definitely not on it's release date but at some point when i can pick it up for a reasonable price.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    I wouldn't mind but DMC2 and 4 were shit so it's not like Capcom were guaranteed to make a stellar game.
    I'll have you know that DMC4 was a DAMN good game!! Yes, DMC2 was pure shit from start to finish, but 4 was freaking awesome. I think a lot of people on this site will say the same thing. Now as far as this new one goes, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach to this game.

The Playboy Wikipedia

I don't know why, but this new Dante is reminding me of Rudy from season 3 of MisFits. I'll give my opinion of the new Dante once the game comes out.
    Amanda Cerny - Playboy's Miss October 2011

Credit to Saul (from another site) for the sig!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I don't give a rat's ass about the new character design and personality of Dante, the game play looks good.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I might give this game a go when it goes cheap in the bargain bin. The game play looks ok.
    Thanks to xEl_Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Rainbow in the dark

This game will kick ass when released, and this Dante's insults are awesome, wtf is he talking about!?
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Retired

Title should be OPINION.

дурак

Top 5 reasons NOT to buy DmC

1) Ninja Theory
    2) Ninja Theory
    3) Ninja Theory
    4) Ninja Theory
    5) Ninja Theory
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel

No Game No Life

I'm gonna be buying the game anyway even though it's made by Ninja Theory. I'll give it a chance. I don't care if there are a lot of people hating it already because [Insert goddamn hate reason here].

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Fox
    Anatolia's Mercenary

"He comes off like an arrogant little prick".

Dante IS an arrogant little prick - or have none of you played DMC 1 or 3? He's CONSTANTLY talking shit and boasting. DmC has him even younger than DMC3 - of course he's going to be a little shithead. He's a snot-nosed little punk.

The fact of the matter is, the people who continue to rag on the game before it ever even comes out, know next to nothing about the series as a whole - OR they care about the wrong parts of the game. As long as the game plays well, runs smooth [whether it's 30FPS or 60FPS, it doesn't matter as long as it's smooth.], and is actually fun - I could care less about what Dante looks like, or how he acts.

The Grand Ray Legend

This guy took the words right form my mouth, This games gonna suck, and when it fails go back to the original canon of the story
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw
    Next plat : Spec Ops: The Line - 91%

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It is a great relief to hear a reasonable argument about this character change that is free of the insufferably obnoxious whining that is often involved in this topic, even if I might disagree with him. However, I find it completely pointless to dissect and pick apart out of context aspects from previews and trailers of this unreleased video game.

That said, many of Ninja Theory's changes have made me far more interested in this franchise than I've ever been before. I love this bizarre world that they have created and the art direction is often stunning. The fact that there is even character to talk about here should be telling. Other than the bright red coat and some cool, yet sort of silly behavior, there just wasn't a lot to the old Dante for me. At least we know they're trying.

I mean, it is ridiculous how this guy over-analyzes some throw-away dialogue that, again, we have no context for saying that it "makes no sense". Really? So what! Surely I'm not the only person to have played through DMC 1 and 3 more than once, that would not be able to tell you A SINGLE THING about its story or characters, no matter how the gameplay was.

I guess I'm just trying to say "Hey give it a chance" before you pass harsh judgement.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Dante IS an arrogant little prick - or have none of you played DMC 1 or 3? He's CONSTANTLY talking shit and boasting. DmC has him even younger than DMC3 - of course he's going to be a little shithead. He's a snot-nosed little punk.
    But in The originals it comes off as actually funny or charming.

This one he just acts like a retarded 12 year old

see: "FUCK YOU"

Punch a guy's face to get into a nightclub? write "FUCK YOU" On Clipboard

About to fight a boss? Tell her "Fuck You!"

just talking? Say "Fuck you!" for kicks.

There's a reason it's being called Fuck you: The Video game.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I think the inherent problem people have with DMC is that, gamers know the franchise needs a reboot. But none of the gamers who love the franchise, wants anything to be changed. Conundrum I know, gamers you can't please them, and they are never satisfied. Gamers simultaneously demand that games and franchises change and evolve, while condemn them for doing so.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:
    Yakuza: Dead Souls & Dynasty Warriors 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast