Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Reaction On The Demo

This is a discussion on My Reaction On The Demo within the DmC: Devil May Cry forum, part of the D; Ok guys, I have a vid about my very first time playing the demo, I am kinda disapointed, I mean ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

My Reaction On The Demo

Ok guys, I have a vid about my very first time playing the demo, I am kinda disapointed, I mean I was expecting this.. Oh well

I hate the dodge button and the fact that he auto aims! What the hell? See the vid if you are interested in the first mission of the demo along with my rage LOL

PRO Member

The demo doesn't look that bad.

I haven't played a DmC game since '03 and I was thinking of grabbing this one, probably wait until I get a chance to try the demo myself.

Auto aim feature isn't that bad, and I think you can adjust to R1 being dodge...is it really that bad?

The review is alright, so much swearing though

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by User011010 View Post
    The demo doesn't look that bad.

I haven't played a DmC game since '03 and I was thinking of grabbing this one, probably wait until I get a chance to try the demo myself.

Auto aim feature isn't that bad, and I think you can adjust to R1 being dodge...is it really that bad?

The review is alright, so much swearing though
    Sorry about swearing LOL it's a bad habit D:

But it's really weird for me, I played DMC 3 and 4 a lot and it really makes confusion, it seems like a hack'n'slash with a DMC coat

PRO Member

Well with the popularity of games like GoW and Dante's, you can't be too surprised that this one went in this direction.

I guess you're more of a hardcore fan, which is respectable, I'm mean you've been faithful to the franchise, but the devs obviously wanted to try a new direction, even the look is totally new. Hoping to bring in some new players, that otherwise wouldn't even consider the title.

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yeah I know but if they wanted to do that they could have simply create a new IP, part of the reason that I'm mad is that DMC4 left so many things open that I was eager to see what would come out of them :/

Prayer Warrior

it's weird for me really cause i went in not expecting much and i really enjoyed the demo. especially once i unlocked the harder difficulty. that was a lot of fun.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Nope, nothing

I thought it was pretty good, I'll definitely be adding the game to my LoveFilm.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Its ok, not great, not horrible but ok. & just when i was almost use to the idea of the emo Twilight copycat DINO(Dante In Name Only) I had to see the cut scene with one of the best bad ass's of all time aka Vergil,......thats where i said wtf? That and the first DT which was a combination on L3+R3 and suddenly my screen gave me a flashback of a horrible game called WET that i traded in,yea i stopped there. This game may do all right for new comers, but simply put Its NOT DMC, of all DMCs ive played,this was like a better looking version of DMC2. They said you wouldnt notice the difference of 30fps compared to 60fps because of the settings/background.....? WRONG one of the first things i noticed,a pretty sky doesnt improve deep combat(DMC 1,3,4) if youve never played DMC3 on turbo,check it out, just someones opinion who has all 3 Platinums on 1-3 and 860/1,000 on DMC4 on the 360.
    Last edited by I_Nero_I; 02-02-2013 at 04:51 PM.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I was always under the impression that the DMC games were hack and slash but after reading what I have just read I'm not to sure what to expect from the HD collection now now. I'll definately play it anyways since I've bought it but I just thought it would be like GoW or Dante's Inferno. I'll try the demo aswell if I get chance, after the trailers I've seen for the new DMC, it does look pretty damn awesome.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

I thought the demo was ok. I'll definitely get the game but I'll wait until it's cheaper though.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

gonna wait for a price drop before considering playing this and thats after i buy the HD collection
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

I really liked the demo. it's different, no doubt, but I think it's really good and interesting. I really liked how the dodge buttom, if pressed at the right moment worked like a block buttom, like in royal guard mode. but otherwise, thats a thing I'll miss... I loved the modes in DMC3, they offered depth to the combat.
    I see a lot of people hating on this game, and I cant say they dont have reasons to.. but for me, I'll give this one a chance because I just liked the demo sooo much.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Am I the only one that thought this game feels the same as the other ones? Granted, I haven't played a DMC game in years but playing the demo really reminded me of playing DMC1, 2 and 3.

I liked the demo and I just might buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    I was always under the impression that the DMC games were hack and slash.
    They are and they all play pretty much like this demo. There might be some differences in controls and moves but they all have the same feel to it, at least to me.

No Game No Life

So the demo is... Ok in my opinion. It's not that bad nor good either. Kinda average. The controls are something I HAVE to get use to. I felt that the old controls was quite better even if some moves require a combination of 3 different buttons plus the analog stick. For activating the DT, ugh why does it have to be a 2 button combination The auto lock-on also one of the things I need to get use to. It felt different that I wasn't holding the button to lock on targets while stringing some moves (old DMC gameplay). For the combat, not sure if it is just me but the framerate is kinda low? There's a tiny little lag I experienced while stringing moves. I don't like the new dodge button but oh well that's something I also need to get used to I am still looking forward to playing it and I am still buying it though and nothing/nobody can change my mind.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

INTJ

Toggle Spoiler

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Toggle Spoiler

Pure skill LOL don't even know what to say ._.

INTJ

also the script leak has just been confirmed.

prepare for the Fanbase shitstorm of the century. The ending is the most batshit insanity thing i have ever seen to the point where it even rivals mass effect 3.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

PRO Member

Downloading the demo now, I've never played DMC before so I don't think I'll be getting the game, but I wanna try it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really enjoyed the demo an apart from a few things here and there thought it felt the same as the others. I probably won't be picking it up day one but I'll definitely be buying the game

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

PRO Member

I know one thing, I really enjoyed the game. Pulled off some sick combos. Had to play the game on the Nephilim setting to have a decent challenge. I been had this reserved earlier this year and have not regret doing so. But you can't please everyone and I'm quite sure there will be plenty of complaining. Oh well, I'm good
    So...many...games...so...many......very...little...time.
    Ah the life of a gamer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast