any body no if mp trophys can be done private

This is a discussion on any body no if mp trophys can be done private within the Doom 3: BFG Edition forum, part of the D; just wondering if these trophys can be boosted private or custom any info would be great...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

any body no if mp trophys can be done private

just wondering if these trophys can be boosted private or custom any info would be great

WHO DAT!!!!

so far from what im reading the answer is no....i know im bummed too

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i actually believe you can.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If boosting these is possible i'm down, add me, drunkdog306. I just don't have time to play doom3's multiplayer.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Posted this on another site, someone recommended I join here to help solve my 'problem'.

I wish developers wouldn't include online multiplayer trophies/achievements in games where the online community is blatantly going to be tiny on release, and go the way of the dodo shortly thereafter. I got Doom 3 BFG yesterday on PS3. The following trophies are going to be real ****s to get.

Telefragged!
    Kill an enemy player by jumping into a teleporter after them in DOOM 3 Multiplayer

Crushed!
    Catch an enemy player in the Reactor of Frag Chamber in DOOM 3 Multiplayer

Ninja Killer
    Kill 5 enemy players while using Invisibility in DOOM 3 Multiplayer

Clean Sheet
    Complete a DOOM 3 Multiplayer match without dying

Berserked!
    Use Berserk to kill a player in DOOM 3 Multiplayer

2 Deaths - 1 Gun
    Kill two enemies in the same room with a rocket in DOOM 3 Multiplayer
    Given that the game only came out 6 days ago in the UK, it's bad that I'm having a really tough time finding matches. The lobbies I do get are sparsely-populated, and my ping is never south of 300. How can I kill two players with one rocket if I can't even kill one player with five rockets?

In the matches I've had, I've yet to be able to kill anyone at all. Not a single kill. Unloading a whole machine gun clip into a dude and only having three hits registered is not fun. It's a shame, because the multiplayer itself seems like it'd be a good oldschool laugh if it wasn't so diabolically-laggy.

I accept that it's a relatively niche game and such, but then why include 6 trophies specifically for multiplayer? Even in the most healthily-populated online shooters where good ping is assured, things like double rocket kills come very rarely.

I'm not usually one for platinum trophies, but I'm a huge Doom fan and wanted to get the platinum for this one. Looks like it's not going to be possible. Before anyone says "get better internet", every other person in the lobby generally has similar ping to me. The host has 0 ping and is pwning everyone else who has 300+. That's not fun, and it makes me feel like I should desperately be trying to host my own lobbies so I can unfairly dominate and grind out these trophies, never to touch Doom 3 multiplayer again.
    If anyone wants to get these trophies with me, add me up! The sooner the better. I will add you, drunkdog.
    Last edited by Martin; 10-24-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If the lobbies work anything like Call of Duties i would be able to lock one, get a room filled with who ever is wanting to boost and we could go from there.

If someone is willing to try this out add me!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just a heads-up, I now have the six troublesome multiplayer trophies. The only one I 'boosted' for was '2 Deaths - 1 Gun' in a deathmatch with other like-minded individuals. The others I got legit. Which isn't to say I didn't have to be sneaky. I did have to. For 'Telefragged!' I hid in a teleporter room in a dark corner for ages until one dude came into the room and jumped in. I ran in after him like a gazelle! For 'Clean Sheet' I just hid in a dark corner on Frag Chamber for the whole match (by where the chaingun is, there's two pillars with extreme darkness behind them). If it matters, I got one kill (spawned in front of someone at the beginning of the match).

For those wanting to boost, switching to your fists seems a good idea. This is what I did with two dudes, and we ended up all getting the '2 Deaths - 1 Gun' trophy together. All of this (including the ones I got legit) was in public lobbies, so I'm afraid I can't confirm if you can get these in private matches. Wouldn't surprise me at all if you could, though. I got this game yesterday, and spent hours today getting these multiplayer trophies. I did so because unlike usual, I want the platinum for BFG because I love Doom so much.

The multiplayer is already sparsely-populated less than a week after the game has launched. You can bet that a month from now, nobody will be playing it. Sad, but true. If you want the platinum for this game, I'd advise you to do what I've done. Play nothing but Doom 3 multiplayer until you have all six of the trophies from my previous post! It will suck. There will be many laggy games. But it'll be worth it once you have them, and never have to play Doom 3 multiplayer again.

Another hint, instead of Quick Match, go Find Game > Deathmatch. This kept putting me in my own lobby, and it wasn't long before others joined. It randomly picks maps. I'm sure there's others, but the map where I know there's a teleporter is Excavation, and a map where I know there's a berserker power-up is Hellhole.

So I got Crushed!, Ninja Killer, Clean Sheet, and 2 Deaths - 1 Gun on 'Frag Chamber' (which is the map you need to be on for Crushed!). I then did the 'find game > deathmatch' until the map 'Excavation' came up. Hid in the corner of the teleporter room like I said, and eventually I got Telefragged! when aforemention dude wondered into the aforementioned teleporter. I then did the whole 'find game > deathmatch' thing until Hellhole came up. I camped the berserker power-up until someone came into sight, got the power-up and punched him to death (only a single punch) and got the Berserked! trophy. Between those three maps, I got them all. If you don't get the map you want when finding game, simply back out and keep repeating until you do.

Crushed! was the first one I got, and is easy. In 'Frag Chamber', just stand in the control room hovering your finger over the button to seal the chamber. As soon as you see someone go into said chamber, hit the button. You'll probably die a few times as people enter the control room behind you, but perservere and you'll easily get it.

Hope this helps, and good luck. You'll need it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Any idea how to create a ranked lobby? the only options it gives me is jumping into a game or making a private lobby.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I can confirm all trophies can be boosted by creating a private match, actually I don't know about 2 death one gun, but it's no reason why it shouldn't. I got them just by boosting. I still miss the said trophy, so anyone wanna boost, just add me as a friend. I'll gladly help with any of the other as well..

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cool, thanks for the information Kratos, i'm gonna add you now.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Add me I'm down ^-^

Jack-_-Krauser_

Thanks ^__^

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_