View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

14 70.00%
  • 3 - Moderate

6 30.00%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dragon Age II forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Mini Ninja

Easy. Nothing overly difficult with this game, but it is time consuming. Most people will need at least two playthroughs to get all of the trophies. Supplier is one trophy that you need to be careful of. Missing just one crafting resource could screw up an entire playthrough because the last resources are near the end of the game. When going for this trophy, make sure to create multiple saves during different points in the game in case you overlook a resource.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Morderate. If not for the fact that you need to finish the game twice, it would have been easy. But the resources are a pain in the butt, and you NEED a guide to find them all at the correct time without a lot of unnecessary backtracking. I had to play the game three times to get the plat, only because of a glitched trophy
    30 outta 48 plats!!

Next up: Batman AC, Skyrim, COD MW3!

PRO Member

Easy - I would have voted Very Easy except for the fact that I picked a fight with the dragon (and got smoked 1st time around). How the hardest enemy in the game didn't get it's own trophy is beyond me.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate on account of the trophies that require you to collect crap. Supplier is the most tedious of the batch, but it's easy enough to miss Chantry Historian, too. If it wasn't for all that, this isn't that hard a game -- especially if you play it on Casual difficulty like I did.... because I played it more for the story and not quite so much for a challenge.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Easy: There are no difficulty trophies, and if you know which quests count for the Mage/Templar trophies, you only need to do 1 1/2 playthroughs, then a third run up to Kirkwall for the Mass Exodus trophy. And with any kind of competent guide, the resource gathering isn't difficult. But if you're a completionist like me, it'll still take around 100 hours to plat this, as there are a lot of fetch/kill quests to be completed. It could probably be platted in around 60 hours if you don't do excessive quest-grinding.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2.) EASY

First off, i loved this game to death. It was easy to get the trophies except for supplier as that one required me to use a guide to find all the resources, but aside from that, exceptionally fun and enjoyable. Worth every minute of my platting pleasure

The Temple of the King

Moderate only because of how annoying some of the trophies were. Otherwise, pretty straight forward and easy.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy - There was nothing difficult some people may have to use a guide for some of the collectible trophies Supplier Archeologist and Chantry Historian because most of them are missable i would recommend making a new save during each new year just incase you skip one

Royal Flush X2

2 Easy or 4/10 If you have an imported save from Dragon Age Origins than the time to it is cut down a lot. The game itself is pretty easy, only one battle was hard with the 2 powerful revenants but just stock up on potions and problem solve. There is a lot of missable stuff but if you follow the excellent guide that was redone, than you should have no problems in the collectibles. Also the was a fun game overall even with it's flaws.

Closing this account

Pretty easy but I was playing it for the story to see it was good as part 1 and to me it was. I didn't mind the collectible trophies but they should had made a trophy for collecting all collectibles :p

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy as long as you pay attention to the collectable trophy supplier. If you have the Black market add on you can purchase certain items you may have missed from the previous chapter. GREAT GAME!

All out of bubblegum.....

Pretty easy, Hoff's guide made it easy to crack. Hoping DA 3 is more of a challenge like DA origins was!
    Trade your Games HERE!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter

Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot