Supplier Trophy - Help!

This is a discussion on Supplier Trophy - Help! within the Dragon Age II forum, part of the D; So I've read that the Supplier trophy is bugged and sometimes, the trophy may NOT pop regardless of the way ...

Quartercircle Forward.

Supplier Trophy - Help!

So I've read that the Supplier trophy is bugged and sometimes, the trophy may NOT pop regardless of the way you tackle the trophy.

If I buy all my ingredients from the Black Emporium (and only collect the ones in ACT III), is there any chance the trophy will pop up for me?

PS. I'm really lazy when it comes to collectable trophies

Thanks for any Answers

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Whether or not you buy your supplies from the black emporium or not it should still count, unless the trophy glitchs
    Last edited by industry18; 11-05-2011 at 02:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by industry18 View Post
    Whether or not you buy your supplies from the black emporium or not it should still count, unless the trophy glitchs
    Ye well I read somewhere that if you buy stuff from the Emporium, the trophy will automatically glitch and you'll be screwed

So I'm guessing it's safer to just get every resource manually

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART

Lvl 6 - Silver

The second time I played through DA2, I kept a series of checklists for all the collection-based trophies. For Supplier, I kept a list of how many resources were available in any given chapter, and a list of which quests had resources to find (and how many) so I could keep an eye out as I went along.

I ended up having to purchase one resource at the end of Chapter 2 from the Black Emporium. It didn't seem to glitch anything.... but I'd advise anyone attempting to do this to try and use the Emporium as little as possible, or not at all if that can be pulled off.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by njdevil View Post
    The second time I played through DA2, I kept a series of checklists for all the collection-based trophies. For Supplier, I kept a list of how many resources were available in any given chapter, and a list of which quests had resources to find (and how many) so I could keep an eye out as I went along.

I ended up having to purchase one resource at the end of Chapter 2 from the Black Emporium. It didn't seem to glitch anything.... but I'd advise anyone attempting to do this to try and use the Emporium as little as possible, or not at all if that can be pulled off.
    Thanks for your response Njdevil

I only need collection trophies (mainly) to get my plat. I hate having to collect stuff But at least the game is pretty fun.

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART

Quartercircle Forward.

I know the game has been released for quite a while now, but I do want to make some things clear for people attempting the plat, since I just got it, after a whole year of procrastination, lol So basically:

[top]Supplier Trophy Rumors

- The Supplier trophy will not glitch if you get all mats by looking for them. If you have missed any of the materials and have the Black Emporium DLC, you may buy them as long as you don't buy anything in stacks of 2 or more.

-It has been confirmed that buying items which are in a stack of 2 or more will cause the trophy to glitch, since to get the trophy you will need 66 or more materials. So, if you missed just 1 item from a previous chapter you may buy it, just as long as it isn't in a stack of 2 or more. It has also been confirmed that if you buy items 1 by 1, in a stack of 2 or more, the trophy will still glitch, so just buy materials that are in a stack of 1.

- During the course of Act 2, even if you have collected all of the previous materials in Act 1, amn extra Spindleweed will appear in the Black Emporium. Buying it will still net you the trophy. Actually, I suggest you buy it, since if you cannot get a companion quest specific material, the trophy will still pop (ie. you can afford to not collect 1 material from the game).

[top]Epic Trophy Rumors

- There were rumors that the Epic Trophy (Beat the game twice/import Origins Save) was glitchy, unless you imported an Origins save. This has been Fixed since one of the patches in June/July 2011, so this will not be an issue anymore.

Hope this will help people who yet have to plat the game.

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    I know the game has been released for quite a while now, but I do want to make some things clear for people attempting the plat, since I just got it, after a whole year of procrastination, lol So basically:

[top]Supplier Trophy Rumors

- The Supplier trophy will not glitch if you get all mats by looking for them. If you have missed any of the materials and have the Black Emporium DLC, you may buy them as long as you don't buy anything in stacks of 2 or more.

-It has been confirmed that buying items which are in a stack of 2 or more will cause the trophy to glitch, since to get the trophy you will need 66 or more materials. So, if you missed just 1 item from a previous chapter you may buy it, just as long as it isn't in a stack of 2 or more. It has also been confirmed that if you buy items 1 by 1, in a stack of 2 or more, the trophy will still glitch, so just buy materials that are in a stack of 1.
    Can you elaborate on the "stack of 1" that's confusing me a bit. I'm goin to miss ambrosia because Isabella screwed me over after a19 hr play thru. Otherwise, thanks for some solid answers, I've been lookin everywhere

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmmaniac View Post
    Can you elaborate on the "stack of 1" that's confusing me a bit. I'm goin to miss ambrosia because Isabella screwed me over after a19 hr play thru. Otherwise, thanks for some solid answers, I've been lookin everywhere
    Hey Metal,

Basically what that means is that: You may only buy stuff from the Emporium if there is only ONE of that item there. For example, in the Black Emporium there is 1 Spindleweed and 2 Lyrium available (they ended up there because you probably missed them in the previous act). If you buy the spindleweed, the trophy will not glitch since there is only one of it available. But, if you buy the Lyrium (2 of them), the trophy will glitch.

Regarding the Isabella part; you may still get the trophy. If you have collected every material in Act 1, when you go into the black emporium at Act 2, you will find an extra Spindleweed (regardless if you collected all materials in Act 1). You can buy that, and then you may collect 1 less material from the game for the trophy.

Therefore, if you have a late save in Act2 (from before the Qunari fight for example) you may load that up, buy that extra spindleweed and then speed run through Act 3; if you collect all materials except for one, the trophy will pop for sure I can confirm it because I did it this way

Ps. If you still need Master Craftsman Trophy, and you are collecting all Potion recipes, you will still need Ambrosia for the final potion Otherwise, if you collected all runes or potions, it is no problem at all

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART