Dragon Age Devs Admit DA2 was shit, Teases upcoming DA Stuff

This is a discussion on Dragon Age Devs Admit DA2 was shit, Teases upcoming DA Stuff within the Dragon Age: Inquisition forum, part of the D; Pros: making fun of DA2 and pretty much admitting it was shit David Silverman ( Button-awesome guy ) nowhere to ...

INTJ

Dragon Age Devs Admit DA2 was shit, Teases upcoming DA Stuff

Pros:
    making fun of DA2 and pretty much admitting it was shit
    David Silverman (Button-awesome guy) nowhere to be seen
    combat won't look like DMC anymore, back to tactical origins
    map bigger than DA: O (Ferelden, Free Marches, Orlais, Nevarra), varied exotic environments
    companion customization somewhere between DA: O and DA2
    choices with long-reaching consequences

Cons:

It's just promises with jack shit to show for it
    they drag Felicia Day around like a fucking mascot

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I liked Dragon Age 2... in fact just as much if not more than Origins... People forget that instead of comparing one game to another they should just play each game for what it is... The story was a fun addition to the Dragon Age world.

This is just one humble gamers opinion of DA2... but im easy to please because i have been a gamer for 25 years and im not as picky due to the fact that i came from Atari roots...

Whats even MORE funny is that DA2 was a product based on the complaints of DAO... They were just trying to make it better for us and all we did was complain about it, lol... its a good case of "Be careful what you wish for"
    Piggie_Pie
    JRPG enthusiasts go to jrpgluv forums

Crocodile Hunter

i find it funny how they promoted DA2 like no tomorrow then are happy to say its shit now, which it is compared to DA1....so again this to me just shows that DA3 could be bad as well

Sig by Apokolypz

The Temple of the King

I don't think they were admitting DA2 was shit- more like poking fun at stuff they thought they did wrong. But DA 3 is intriguing and I will wait until the GotY version of DA3 with all the DLC.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Lvl 6 - Silver

O kay....I don't know about "Sh!T" but DA: 2 definitely wasn't as good as Origins.

I had a lot of fun with DA2. HATED the trophy hunt. That game was fun though.

I never really realized exactly how saaaad the repetitive dungeons were though until I played Skyrim.

Playin some Deadpool :/

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm with piggie pie on this one, I just finished DA2 a couple of days ago and once you get the expedition done the game does pick up.
    Yes there was way too much Kirkwall, yes the environments were re-used way too much and it was a bit of a pain oing to certain places to speak to different party members.
    On the other hand the spells etc were much more exciting, the skill trees were a step in the right direction, the menus were much easier to use & navigate and the combat was way better.

No, I'm not a DMC fanboy, I'm actually a fan of turn based RPG's but having just restarted DA again I really appreciate what the developers did with the combat in DA2, i got rid of all those awkward moments where the character I'm using suddenly just stops attacking because one enemy died. Battles felt much more fluid in DA2 and it also made me use the tactical wheel more in order to organise my team.

The customisation for DA3 is looking promising and I can't wait to see what new skill sets they'll introduce.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by piggie_pie View Post
    I liked Dragon Age 2... in fact just as much if not more than Origins... People forget that instead of comparing one game to another they should just play each game for what it is... The story was a fun addition to the Dragon Age world.
    Once I got past the fact that DA2 is not a sequel to Origins, which by the number "2", it would seem like it. Had they named it something like "Dragon Age: Kirkwall", or even "Dragon Age 2: Kirkwall", most people wouldn't have been expecting a direct sequel. Only then could I enjoy the game somewhat. If I looked past the ever-horny Anders, the too-gullible-to-be-believable Merril, the way too repetitive environments and the way too repetitive combat (wave of enemies->kill, wave of enemies->kill, wave of enemies->kill, etc), I actually enjoyed it a little.

Whats even MORE funny is that DA2 was a product based on the complaints of DAO... They were just trying to make it better for us and all we did was complain about it, lol... its a good case of "Be careful what you wish for"
    All I ever wanted for DA2 was a faster paced combat system and a better skill tree, plus the ability to respec (without a mod).
    I'd like to smack the ones that wanted repetitive environments, forgettable (and mostly uninspiring) characters (with the exception of Varric - he's a bro) and story choices that doesn't matter at all.
    The whole templars versus mages thing was just fucked up in terms of choices. Helping templars? Everything's good in the world, you're the best person ever. Helping mages? You're just a bad a person as Justin Bieber is at singing, let's not forget that the mages will do Blood Magic either way, no matter what you choose.

-----------------------------------

Origins was an extremely good RPG, but the combat system drew many people away from it.

I'll be happy as a clam if they can improve on Origins, namely the combat (make it a bit more fast-paced, no waves of enemies as in DA2), keep the talent trees from DA2 and add respecs out-of-the-box.
    I see they're using a new graphics engine for the next game, maybe they can get the 3D mode to work as it should? The 3D in DA2 was horrible.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I actually really liked DAII still..