View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

8 27.59%
  • 3 - Moderate

21 72.41%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dragon Age: Origins forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Royal Flush X2

3 Moderate It's not hard once the system is understood but can take some time to get use to. It is time consuming and some trophies are choice based but extra save game is all you need. Some trophies can be tricky like Wine, Woman, Song as saying the wrong things to Leliana or doing bad actions will not get the trophy unlocked and then must be done on another playthrough.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

3 - Moderate

This is one of those games that is just time consuming, but doesn't take all that much skill. You will have to chose one of two sides for a lot of the games main quests, so that's two play throughs. You have to level each character class to it's max level, and that is a bit of a grind to do legit. But aside from the length of time the game requires, it really isn't all that difficult or challenging to complete, just time consuming.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Mini Ninja

Moderate. The game's not that difficult, but I agree that it's time consuming. Like Rubicant mentioned, you need at least two playthroughs to get the trophies (and probably part of a 3rd if you don't have the Awakening DLC to boost levels).

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate

The difficulty depends entirely on whether or not your game glitches to death.
    I completely burned out a PS3 playing this game.

The game takes time, but because of the rich storyline, it is a labor of love and a very rewarding videogame experience.
    Think back to Ocarina of time and Final Fantasy VII and X. THAT kind of rewarding.

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate: this was the game that brought me into trophy hunting, just because it wasn't that hard. It wasn't easy either, since at times I still needed a little guidance.
    30 outta 48 plats!!

Next up: Batman AC, Skyrim, COD MW3!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Another Vote for moderate, its not a hard game to get the platinum expecially considering that theres no difficult related trophies(towards the platinum.) but what really makes it hard is being able to put up with the multiple playthroughs, grinding and glitched trophies (blight queller im looking at you!)but overall a very rewarding game to platinum or even 100%

Lvl 6 - Silver

Moderate - The game isn't hard at all it will just take 3 playthroughs to get plat and some trophies may glitched but overall this is a time-cosuming plat..

PRO Member

Easy- Nothing terribly hard in this game. A little time-consuming maybe, but not White Knight Chronicles time-consuming.

Canadian gamer since the 2600

PRO Member

3 - Moderate

Let me start by saying there is nothing overly difficult in the game. I gave this a Moderate rating mainly due to the time investment it takes to get the

There were a few trophies that I remember being "tricky"...
    Blight-Queller - Killing 1,000 Darkspawn took much longer than I expected, haha
    Traveler - Can be tricky... I ended up getting this on my 2nd playthrough (I think)
    Hopelessly Romantic - Also remember this one being a pain in the but and required an extra partial playthrough or two for me.

Having to play through and level up 3 different characters to level 20 took quite a bit of time; fortunately this game is and it really isn't too bad as the different classes are sooo different, it keeps the game interesting. Plus you have to choose multiple paths for each of the story-line quests anyway (which takes care of 2 of the characters right there); the 3rd playthrough is the only one that could really pose any boredom issues.

This is a great game and easily attainable ; just be prepared to invest a significant amount of time.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

2.) EASY for me simply because the game was so fun for me that i didn't feel like it was taking all that long, as a matter of fact, the 20 days or so it took me to get the plat was mostly because i was having so much fun instead of trying to burn through the game for the plat, every part of the game is worth replaying time and time again just because the story is so awesome. but yes, time consuming is definitely true as romancing and lvling do take time to get done correctly, not to mention traveler as well.

The Temple of the King

This game was pretty much a grind that I had a pleasure of doing. Great game and loved every second of it.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Negator

Voted 2/5 - the hardest part was playing through the game multiple times.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3 - Moderate

The game's not that difficult, but i had problems with the "Blight Queller" bug D:
    ~ Batshit Insanity Japano Gedöns ~

Bob 'n' Becca

2. As Helyx said, the multiple playthroughs are a bitch. I could've done it in one playthrough, with the right saves, but I foolishly didn't have those saves, and had to replay the ENTIRE game just so I could have the villain die in the end instead of the main character or Alistair. That being said, if you get to the Landsmeet and save before choosing Alistair or Loghain, you can save yerself some trouble.

Also, I saved myself some heartache by not updating the game. My Blight Queller trophy was that much simpler to achieve.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Closing this account

Moderate-was my 2nd rpg . i thought the game was going to suck, proved me wrong. just glad about that glitch at the end.

Regional Manager of War

3. Moderate/Time Consuming

Takes 3 full playthroughs, 6 beginner stories, and a few glitched trophies. There are several guides out there to help you with Traveler, and Blight Queller which tend to glitch on people. If the DLC with the Harvester is included I would have voted 4.
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 02-16-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

EASY--I usually don't take in to consideration the amount of time it takes to platinum a game to determine it's overall difficulty because if I did, this one would have been hard. Outside of Blight Queller (Semi glitchy) and Traveler (Super easy to miss a spot) the other trophies were all easy. Well....not going to lie, that dragon that guards the Urn kicked my ass like three times in a row but still overall a easy and entertaining platinum.

Beast Incarnate

3 - Moderate

Very time consuming platinum, although so epic it really doesn't matter. Perfectionist gave me the most trouble

PRO Member

3-Moderate

The game isn't to challenging.It just requires 3 playthroughs and Traveler trophy can be a pain unless you use a accurate list and check off every area as you enter them.Blight Queller trophy requires a little grind(1-2 hours for me) if you download the patch but it wasn't to bad.The game was just decent IMO with a story I didn't get interested in till near the very end.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast