Create A Saiyan Question

This is a discussion on Create A Saiyan Question within the Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi forum, part of the D; So, I'm a big fan of Dragonball. And I heard that in this game, you could create your own character. ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Create A Saiyan Question

So, I'm a big fan of Dragonball. And I heard that in this game, you could create your own character. Sounded like a great idea, even though I know it doesn't always work out that well. Take Mortal Kombat for instance, or even Soul Calibur. But still, I'm a guy who really likes creating stuff in games. So this sparked my interest.

When I looked it up however, it was very limited. Like, 3 heads, 4 costumes, etc. So, well. My question is, do you unlock more as you play through the Hero Mode or not? Because that mode is basically what's tempting me to buy this once it's down to 20,- or so. But if it doesn't offer more options of customization later on, then I'm just gonna ignore this game.

Thanks in advance!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

the game is worth it if it's only 20 dollars, story mode is fun and if you switch it time by time with hero mode, i'm sure u will enjoy it.

you can fly from place to place , so from time to time you see some outfits/hairstyles and stuff on the ground that you can use to change your custum character.

PRO Member

You unlock more stuff as you win more battles in Hero mode, If you're a DBZ fan you'll love this game

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 4 - Silver

OK, thanks. I've played pretty much all of the DBZ games except for Raging Blast 2 and the one before Raging Blast, Burst Limit(?). Just wondering if this one was worth getting, because I've watched and played through the story multiple times already, so that isn't really a pull factor for me anymore.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Deem View Post
    OK, thanks. I've played pretty much all of the DBZ games except for Raging Blast 2 and the one before Raging Blast, Burst Limit(?). Just wondering if this one was worth getting, because I've watched and played through the story multiple times already, so that isn't really a pull factor for me anymore.
    Burst limit was possibly the worst DBZ game ever created. So don't waste your time if you ever want to try it. But cool thread, Didn't know you could create your own character. So I'll have to definitely pick this one up sometime
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Burst limit was possibly the worst DBZ game ever created. So don't waste your time if you ever want to try it. But cool thread, Didn't know you could create your own character. So I'll have to definitely pick this one up sometime

I liked Burst Limit but it needed more characters!

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I liked Burst Limit but it needed more characters!
    Between the lack of characters, the interruptions with the story based things during a fight... It was not a good game imo. They took a major step back in the series compared to Budokai 3.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Between the lack of characters, the interruptions with the story based things during a fight... It was not a good game imo. They took a major step back in the series compared to Budokai 3.
    Budokai 3 was the shit, the interruptions did get annoying at times but I liked the graphics.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't intend to get Burst Limit. Just this one. Anyway, the way I see it, Raging Blast is like the Budokai Tenkaichi of the PS3. As a whole, that is. Not just one game, all 2/3 of them. Same gameplay, better graphics, but unfortunately not as much characters. I really missed Ultimate Gohan in there.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Budokai 3 was the shit, the interruptions did get annoying at times but I liked the graphics.
    Graphics was the only thing that had going for it imo. But ya, Budokai 3 was awesome. Same with Another Road for psp.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This game was horrible the fighting style was bad it was all luck based your skills meant nothing the Hero modes story was full of holes and only had like 6 missions they also lead people to belive that you could customize your characters in any way this game felt like a cash grab and seemed like the developers put no real effort into making this game i'm a fanboy and a sucker for DragonBall Z but i was really let down by this game and lack of characters (like Super Saiyan 1 -2 teen Gohan but no normal form same with Gotenks)