Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dragon's Dogma Demo Dated

This is a discussion on Dragon's Dogma Demo Dated within the Dragon's Dogma forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 and want a roll jump when youre running and youll roll when you land, not quite ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    and want a roll
    jump when youre running and youll roll when you land, not quite an escape roll, but a roll nonetheless

on another note, itd be nice if there was a lock on button since the camera is a bit wonky, other than that seems like this might actually be a pretty decent game, still wait for a price drop unless it gets overwhelming positive reviews

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    jump when youre running and youll roll when you land, not quite an escape roll, but a roll nonetheless

on another note, itd be nice if there was a lock on button since the camera is a bit wonky, other than that seems like this might actually be a pretty decent game, still wait for a price drop unless it gets overwhelming positive reviews
    Not the same thing as rolling . But suppose you're right >.__.<.

A lock on button would be heavenly as well. Then again, Monster Hunter works without one and that game is GOD! >:F lol.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Not the same thing as rolling . But suppose you're right >.__.<.

A lock on button would be heavenly as well. Then again, Monster Hunter works without one and that game is GOD! >:F lol.
    havent played mh but seen some videos and this looks very similar, i do think that the escape roll is a bit overpowered in most games, god of war in particular, not very realistic to be invulnerable during a roll when nobody in real life would ever bust out a roll in a life or death situation, i realize its a game but still seems wrong somehow

Harvester of Souls

I love rolling in games.. just like needing a jump in a RPG . Regardless how real be or not.. I wouldn't expect to climb on a griffin and hack at it OR survive getting blasted with Dragon breath sooo I don't mind some unrealistic points of games.

Will agree games don't need an invinci-roll.. but should be allowed to roll, even if can get hit doing so. Spec Ops can roll in life and death situations though so can be busted out in a situation that calls for it > Just saying

Lvl 10 - Platinum

i actually climb on my pet griffin most days to take a fly around the area i live in, saves money on gas

Nope, nothing

Maybe being able to roll is a skill you can learn? Just a thought...

дурак

Just got done playing what I could... And I honestly don't care for it. I mostly have nitpicks, but there are a damn lot of them. Maybe I didn't understand the controls (Since I'm so used to Dark Souls). But it just felt difficult to navigate the menu and whatnot. Also attacks feel stiff as hell. I'll play more later, but it just doesn't feel right.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Maybe being able to roll is a skill you can learn? Just a thought...
    if only a lock on feature was something that unlocked at level 5, oh well

Lvl 1 - Bronze

You can roll with the Strider I think, R1 and X. I think it's class dependent, Since I know Mages or Sorcerers will be able to Levitate.
    Last edited by Teddified; 04-25-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Mini Ninja

I need to DL this later and check it out. I've been waiting for another game that's similar to DAO. I'm hoping this will help fill that void.

Harvester of Souls

Interesting. Will have to look into the Striders as game releases. Hopefully at least Chambers is right and you can learn it as an ability.

@Turtle
    It's not really like DAO, it's much better lol. Party system where you can order slightly is.. but you can't switch to all your characters and stuff.

Click-Click-Kaboom

Installing the game now.

PSN- Il_WidowmakeR_Il

Harvester of Souls

Let me know what ya think of it Deadpool . You seem have good taste for games

Mini Ninja

@Turtle
    It's not really like DAO, it's much better lol. Party system where you can order slightly is.. but you can't switch to all your characters and stuff.
    Dude, I'm with you on that. I was only able to play the demo for about 10 minutes last night, but I was blown away. This game is so much fun. I love the fast pace of combat. The pawn system has me intrigued, especially after I read that you can recruit pawns from other players. I can't wait to finish the demo later. This will probably be a day one purchase for me, and I didn't even know about the game until three days ago!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hey ... new to Forum ...was looking at the trophy guide bit for this , and at the top its says "Online Pass Required", is that there just untill a guide has been written for it, or does/will it need a online pass does anyone know ?

The Stereotype Killer

I played the demo the other night. It's pretty decent. I'm not sure if I'll pay full price for it though. Perhaps when it drops in price after the release or during a sale I'll get it. I dunno, I guess I had different hopes for what I got...
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Mini Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Hey ... new to Forum ...was looking at the trophy guide bit for this , and at the top its says "Online Pass Required", is that there just untill a guide has been written for it, or does/will it need a online pass does anyone know ?
    Hi Gary, welcome to the best PS3 trophy community on the web! The trophy guide is still under construction and won't be updated until the game is released. That's why "Online Pass Required" is left blank. I'm sure Nero will update it as soon as he finds out. The Capcom games that I've played never required an online pass, but that might have changed in the last year. I'm not sure because I haven't kept up with their current releases. For now, don't worry about it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Just copy and pasted this from my post in the other thread, wanted to share my thoughts

Yup, this is what I been looking for.

I did all this:

Fought a chimera, taking it down piece by piece, cut off the snake head tail, killed the goat head and stabbed the lion body.....sweeet.

The second mission, or part 2 of the demo, I jumped on a griffin, it took off with me on hanging on it, crawled to the wings and started stabbing, it threw me off with it crashing down, team mates came stabbing and throwing magic, it takes of again, my bow get imbued with fire enchantment, I burned it with by shooting a 3x arrow attack, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Best part?

I made this dude with the nose scar and build, yeah I named him Guts, shame on my imagination:

and my side kick

(not the same hairstyle, but hey everything else is perfect)

Glad I pre ordered.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Just an update on the trophy guide. It's just a wiki skeleton until the game comes out and I can really work on it .

The overview saying ONLINE PASS REQUIRED is just basic format. When get the game it will say "YES" or "NO" if it requires one. As far as I know.. it will NOT as there isn't an online mode to the game.. aside from downloading a pawn character from other players and that is the only trophy requiring anything online. DLC will be a different story, but Capcom isn't known really for online passes as EA and others are, but they have nothing to do with this title thank god .

Quote Originally Posted by wick3d_turtle View Post
    Hi Gary, welcome to the best PS3 trophy community on the web! The trophy guide is still under construction and won't be updated until the game is released. That's why "Online Pass Required" is left blank. I'm sure Nero will update it as soon as he finds out. The Capcom games that I've played never required an online pass, but that might have changed in the last year. I'm not sure because I haven't kept up with their current releases. For now, don't worry about it.
    thanks for addressing until I could my friend .

Lvl 1 - Bronze

where the wind comes sweeping down the plains

I played the demo last night, and I loved it. However, I like hack-and-slash games with beautiful graphics in medieval settings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast