View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

6 33.33%
  • 3 - Moderate

9 50.00%
  • 4 - Hard

2 11.11%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 5.56%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dragon's Dogma forum, part of the D; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I vote Moderate, because most of the Trophies are fairly easy to get, except The Explorer, The Hero, The Messiah, and Well Equipped trophies.

- The Explorer: This trophy is a bit time consuming, and requires you to explore most parts in the map to uncover 150 locations. It is time consuming because you don't have proper fast travel access other than Portcrystal or a transport like a horse, and you have to walk or run to all of your destinations in the game.

- The Hero: Many of the Quests given by NPCs are available for a limited time, and will immediately be cancelled if you progress in the game without completing them. Fortunately, you don't have to do the same Quests all over again since it will be counted in New Game +.

- The Messiah: Ur-Dragon is tough, but not unbeatable. Without proper setup and high levels, this dragon will kill you easily. If you have high level and good equipment, this dragon is not too tough to beat, other than it's constant fleeing in every battle after 8 - 10 minutes. It will always return back with it's last HP count, thus making this trophy easily to be obtained if you are level 70 or more.

- Well Equipped: This trophy is a bit misleading, since it requires you to collect unique weapons and armour parts that totals to 350. Opening chests, completing certain Quests will net you a weapon or armour, but it takes time to do so. Fastest way is to keep buying weapons and armour parts from vendors, sell back to them, and rinse and repeat. if you are short in money, sell all of your unwanted goods for extra money. If you somehow screwed up, reload from your Checkpoint. It is advisable if you are not resting at Inns or use Rifts to avoid overwriting your Checkpoint save.
    Last edited by Chaos Raiden; 06-09-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Harvester of Souls

Rated an Easy. Game wasn't all that difficult, cept in the beginning but had some challenge to where it was fun and not a chore or angered you with the task. Quests were fairly easy to figure out and exploring the world was great and offered many things to do and located wans't too bad unless you ventured way North early in the game. LOL.

Boss fights, you have a way to take them down and with the over powered pawns and weak spots, made these easier. Using the right pawn team set up, you could be virtually unstoppable even against tougher foes early on. There is no difficulty trophies or collectibles making it even better. As well, it has no online trophies. Everything is manageable to do offline which is super awesome and rare these days. Also the game isn't very time consuming, but will make it worth it's money.

Hardest Trophys
    Ur-Dragon
    Complete the journey twice
    Coin Collector
    Well Equipped
    3 hidden missable story related trophies.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted Moderate; a few of the enemies are very difficult to take on if you aren't at a decent level yet. The enemy difficultly is the biggest issue at times, especially early on when you just have no idea if the same looking mob of enemies are going to be hard or not... bandits in particular I had huge problems with (now they totally suck and I can one hit them).

As for the 'hard' trophies;
    The Messiah (UR-Dragon) - Only hard if you fight it too early. At the end of your second play through you should be able to breeze through this fight. Just battle with the ur-dragon offline and don't die during the encounter.. go out rest at the inn and go back in again (and again) to fight the boss on the same amount of health as it had when it flew off at the 8 minute mark. Not hard just time consuming and if you're a lower level it's going to cost you a hell of a lot of consumables.
    Well Equipped - I could see this being a game breaking plat for some people especially if you were like me and went "OOOOOH NEW GEAR" and looked at it all but had no intentions of purchasing it at the time thus removing the 'new' symbol. Took me absolutely ages to get 350 pieces. I think I was stuck at 320 for ages, until I remembered a merchant location. Even so, be prepared to spend millions of dollars on gear that is utter crap only to get back 1/3rd of it's original asking price.

As long as you follow the trophy guide you'll be fine, the quest trophies are a bit tedious when you've got to do things in a perfect order but it's not too difficult. Just enjoy the first play through try to achieve as many side quests as you can and get to learn the game mechanics and on the second play through have a perfect/clean up run.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

id go with easy since no trophies are skill related, some are time consuming, but no trophy is actually hard to get

Harvester of Souls

I agree with you Ferret. I believe i voted Easy as well for that. Even Ur-Dragon can be managed fairly easily once you learn how to do it, or just climb on him with holy weapons/holy spelled arsenal party to do the same. Otherwwise, the rest just came from killing stuff normal and finding loot/time consuming like all quests(all especially easy for most part)

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Nope, nothing

I went with Easy.

As Nero and Ferret said, none of the trophies are that hard to get, it's just time consuming.

PRO Member

I voted easy, yet very easy if you play on the newly patched 'easy mode'. All you have to do is learn each enemy's weakness, and they'll melt like butter.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    id go with easy since no trophies are skill related, some are time consuming, but no trophy is actually hard to get

This is what I'm going with. The game came be difficult in the beginning if you go off exploring at low levels, but you will eventually level up and be fine. At a certain point, the game just stops being difficult at all, except in post game but their are no trophies related to the post game. Even the Ur Dragon is pretty easy if you fight him offline.

The Temple of the King

Moderate. The Hero, The Messiah, and Well Equipped trophies were the ones that were a pain, but nothing unbeatable.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

PRO Member

Moderate! although this is not a hard platinum to get you do need to put alot of hours into it to earn the platinum. The most anoying trophie was to get 350 weapons and armor. Getting the dragon wasn't hard, but anoying when he flyed away all the time. I was around lvl 67 and jumped to lvl 70 after defeating it.

I was a little scared have i would earn all the money, but this is a easy trophy to get when you check all the chest's and sell weapons wich bring a hough amount of money. This trophie will come naturally when you are grinding the 350 weapon/armor one.

To last i would say enlisting 70 pawns wich was redicoules cause i found i only used 10 different ones during 2 playthroughs, but then again enlisiting the 60 remaining ones took only 30 min.
    Last edited by ěl_brilla; 05-01-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate
    Best thing is to get a list of the needed to do quests for the Hero trophy, and cross them off as you do them.
    Reason being some quests can get locked depending on what actions you do, then you have to make sure you do them in your second play through.
    Problem with that is, if you haven't kept a list and crossed off the ones you have done, you will have no way of knowing, because in NG+ the game doesn't show you those completed quests, just the ones completed in the second play through.

I got this free as +PS subscription game, brilliant game.

But I had one of the worse moments in gaming happen to me right at the end.[No fault of the game]
    I was on my second play through and just had to finish the main story line a second time [Gold] and beat the UR Dragon [Gold] for Platinum.
    I was in a battle with the UR Dragon, which had one full health bar left, and then I got a PS message saying that my +Plus subscription was going to run out in 5 minutes and the game would no longer be available to me.

Luckily I managed to quickly finish off the UR Dragon, save the game, go to the store and renew my + subscription, then go back to the game and pick up my loot for beating it that was still lying there.

Whew! I would have been livid if it had all gone horribly wrong after spending 200 hours playing this game.