Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Search Party Quest

This is a discussion on Search Party Quest within the Dragon's Dogma forum, part of the D; Just giving everyone a heads up that this sidequest is retarded as hell unless it's just being stupid for me ...

  1. #1
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,854
    Reputation
    198

    Search Party Quest

    Just giving everyone a heads up that this sidequest is retarded as hell unless it's just being stupid for me for some reason. lol. But when you save Reynard from goblins, you learn he's a peddler and can buy/sell stuff with him in Encampment and other places as you venture deeper into the game.

    Well he has a quest that he will give you once you have done 10 different transactions with him. Meaning you have to select to buy something.. exit menus completely and then buy something else 10 times. Then he asks for a rare item .. some scrap Iron. Then you must repeat this again about 10 times for him to ask something else.. a misamite(SP?). then 10 more times for him to tlel you real purpose of the quest. Then have to gather up the six journal pages even though the last and final one tells you what you need to know.

    Something just booshed with this quest or is it everyone? Still heads up for anyone having issues with The Hero.

    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



  2. #2
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    32
    Reputation
    3

    I don't recall saving him from the start of the game at all, didn't encounter any goblins during the trip to the encampment. Think I've messed up somehow LOL

  3. #3
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,854
    Reputation
    198

    Sounds like it lol. Didn't see a cutscene of a guy getting attacked?

    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



  4. #4
    PRO Member
    MatCauthon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,071
    Reputation
    31

    Is this probably one of the 50 pre-scripted non-board quests required? Ugh... I know I already messed that up by failing 2 very early quests. Luckily I read that you don't have to do them all in one playthrough.

    I'm pretty sure I rescued Reynard. Is he the Rift Merchant in the encampment?

  5. #5
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    683
    Reputation
    58

    I got the Hero trophy and the platinum recently, so here are the full details of what you need to do in 'Search Party':

    1) Save Reynard from the goblins as soon as you leave Cassardis. He will appear next in the Encampment.
    2) Buy/Sell from him (choose a cheap item) 10 times to trigger his request for a 'Scrap Iron'.
    3) Buy/Sell from him another 15 times to trigger his request for a 'Miasmite'.
    4) Finally, buy/sell from him another 25 times to trigger his request for all 6 journal entries.

    The locations of all six journal entries are as below:

    1) In a chest in the Encampment
    2) On the second underground level in the Catacombs
    3) A light-colored rectangular area in Gran Soren (check the map), NW of the Black Cat shop; drop into this area after climbing up onto the rooftops first.
    4) Near the Greatwall area, NW of the world map. It is in a chest south of Miasmic Haunt, among some tents and harpies.
    5) On the first floor of the Soulflayer Canyon
    6) In a chest in the Ancient Quarry. Simply search everywhere for chests.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  6. #6
    Abracadaver ;[
    kelhtuhzaad's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    al campo santo x_x
    Posts
    149
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Is this probably one of the 50 pre-scripted non-board quests required? Ugh... I know I already messed that up by failing 2 very early quests. Luckily I read that you don't have to do them all in one playthrough.

    I'm pretty sure I rescued Reynard. Is he the Rift Merchant in the encampment?
    yes this is one of the quest needed 4 the trophy, and he is the vagabond merchant u can find around various encampments,gran soren,cassardis ecc...
    Btw i'm not sure if i saved him from goblin or not but i think that u just need to purchase 10 things from Raynard (Purchase one item at a time, exit, then talk to him again and purchase another) to begin this quest..

    Toggle Spoiler


    Necromancer's holidays


  7. #7
    PRO Member
    MatCauthon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,071
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by kelhtuhzaad View Post
    yes this is one of the quest needed 4 the trophy, and he is the vagabond merchant u can find around various encampments,gran soren,cassardis ecc...
    Btw i'm not sure if i saved him from goblin or not but i think that u just need to purchase 10 things from Raynard (Purchase one item at a time, exit, then talk to him again and purchase another) to begin this quest..
    Oh the guy at the Rest Camp near the Shadow Fort? If so, I'm not sure if I've seen him anywhere else.

  8. #8
    Abracadaver ;[
    kelhtuhzaad's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    al campo santo x_x
    Posts
    149
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Oh the guy at the Rest Camp near the Shadow Fort? If so, I'm not sure if I've seen him anywhere else.
    could be him ,is the guy with short black hair and backpack,(if i remember correct in this camp there is a stable merchant with long hair),there is also an escort quest with him in grand soren

    Toggle Spoiler


    Necromancer's holidays


  9. #9
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Mi6Double0Agent's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Posts
    26
    Reputation
    0

    Is this quest timeline sensitive?

  10. #10
    PRO Member
    MatCauthon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,071
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by kelhtuhzaad View Post
    could be him ,is the guy with short black hair and backpack,(if i remember correct in this camp there is a stable merchant with long hair),there is also an escort quest with him in grand soren
    Do you know where he is normally located in some of the locations, like Gran Soren?

  11. #11
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    30

    so i saved this guy and bought more than ten items, exiting his menu each time and no request for a quest from him, any thoughts?

  12. #12
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    683
    Reputation
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    so i saved this guy and bought more than ten items, exiting his menu each time and no request for a quest from him, any thoughts?
    Just keep buying/selling from him; he will eventually start his next request. =3 Can be done in any of the locations that he appears in.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  13. #13
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Just keep buying/selling from him; he will eventually start his next request. =3 Can be done in any of the locations that he appears in.
    just spotted him in gran soren with the green marker over his head, apparently he didnt want to start the quest in the encampment for some reason, thats where i bought all the stuff from him and the next time i saw him was in gran soren

  14. #14
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    30

    got the first five, anybody know where the final page is?

  15. #15
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    683
    Reputation
    58

    Quoting my previous post:

    The locations of all six journal entries are as below:

    1) In a chest in the Encampment
    2) On the second underground level in the Catacombs
    3) A light-colored rectangular area in Gran Soren (check the map), NW of the Black Cat shop; drop into this area after climbing up onto the rooftops first.
    4) Near the Greatwall area, NW of the world map. It is in a chest south of Miasmic Haunt, among some tents and harpies.
    5) On the first floor of the Soulflayer Canyon
    6) In a chest in the Ancient Quarry. Simply search everywhere for chests.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  16. #16
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Quoting my previous post:

    The locations of all six journal entries are as below:

    1) In a chest in the Encampment
    2) On the second underground level in the Catacombs
    3) A light-colored rectangular area in Gran Soren (check the map), NW of the Black Cat shop; drop into this area after climbing up onto the rooftops first.
    4) Near the Greatwall area, NW of the world map. It is in a chest south of Miasmic Haunt, among some tents and harpies.
    5) On the first floor of the Soulflayer Canyon
    6) In a chest in the Ancient Quarry. Simply search everywhere for chests.
    didnt know if you actually put them in order or not, i thought i got the one in the ancient quarry and missed the one in the catacombs, but i know i have pages 1 2 3 4 and 5, you also dont need to buy from him another 15 and 25 times after completing his first quest, 15 and 25 are the totals to get those parts of the quest to trigger

  17. #17
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    683
    Reputation
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    didnt know if you actually put them in order or not, i thought i got the one in the ancient quarry and missed the one in the catacombs, but i know i have pages 1 2 3 4 and 5, you also dont need to buy from him another 15 and 25 times after completing his first quest, 15 and 25 are the totals to get those parts of the quest to trigger
    Many sources have already stated the final journal entry is in the Ancient Quarry. You can also look here: The Hero (Missable Quest List) - Xbox360Achievements.org.

    As for my wording for how many times to trigger his three requests, that was a mistake. As you said, it is the totals needed, not 'another x times'.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  18. #18
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Many sources have already stated the final journal entry is in the Ancient Quarry. You can also look here: The Hero (Missable Quest List) - Xbox360Achievements.org.

    As for my wording for how many times to trigger his three requests, that was a mistake. As you said, it is the totals needed, not 'another x times'.
    ill look in the quarry again then, its not like its that big of an area

  19. #19
    Harvester of Souls
    NeroRadec707's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Westeros, Boletaria
    Posts
    1,854
    Reputation
    198

    I really feel like letting Reynard die just for how stupid getting his requests are. I've alreayd gotten the journals yet took forever to get that request. Btw is it official that you only need 25 buy/sell total for the last request? Cause after the second one.. it sure felt like 25 more. I stopped counting after about 15 extra ones..

    Glad made this thread so no one else was as confused about this stupid guy. I figured it out and finally got the requests but least it's helping everyone else out some what . Thanks guys!

    HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

    Avatar/Signature by DaRe_xLw
    Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay



  20. #20
    PRO Member
    MatCauthon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,071
    Reputation
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    I really feel like letting Reynard die just for how stupid getting his requests are. I've alreayd gotten the journals yet took forever to get that request. Btw is it official that you only need 25 buy/sell total for the last request? Cause after the second one.. it sure felt like 25 more. I stopped counting after about 15 extra ones..

    Glad made this thread so no one else was as confused about this stupid guy. I figured it out and finally got the requests but least it's helping everyone else out some what . Thanks guys!
    I finally found Reyard, and I got the journal request within 20 minutes. I had the requirements for the first 2 searches in my inventory. It took about a dozen purchases to get the first request for scrap iron. I only had to make a few, maybe 5, purchases to get the request for miasmite. And only had to buy 5 or 6 more things for the journal quest.

    On that note, does anybody know what the sound effect is that plays when you initiate some conversations? Reynard was the first to have it.... is it an affinity thing? As soon as I initiate a conversation with a few NPCs, a little chime goes off each time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO