Dark Arisen DLC not starting?

This is a discussion on Dark Arisen DLC not starting? within the Dragon's Dogma forum, part of the D; So ok here's the thing i already completed the story on the original Dragon's Dogma a few times so when ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Dark Arisen DLC not starting?

So ok here's the thing i already completed the story on the original Dragon's Dogma a few times so when i started up Dark Arisen i was already in the Blighted world and there was a new purple way point on the map but once i go to the spot nothing happens and there isn't anything to examine. I'm thinking i might have to finish the current story and start another newgame plus. I'm wondering whether anyone else is having this issue or it's just me missing something obvious?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well i started a newgame plus and still no luck.

DON'T BLINK

Those itching to tear into the new content will want to return to the starting town to take a ferry to Bitterblack Isle, where new areas and new monsters await, including Death itself.
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen review: Cheating Death | Joystiq

I personally haven't played the game, but did you take a ferry?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The purple way point i mentioned is at a Dock but there are only these small boats and they won't let me interact with them is there a video showing how to get to the new island? I can't seem to find one on youtube.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon-Thomas View Post
    The purple way point i mentioned is at a Dock but there are only these small boats and they won't let me interact with them is there a video showing how to get to the new island? I can't seem to find one on youtube.
    Not sure. Only thing I could find was what I posted above. Sorry

Lvl 2 - Bronze

No problem thanks anyway atleast i know what i'm looking for now and that i'm in the right place. The only thing i can think of that i haven't tried is try looking for the ferry at night fall.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

You gotta be kidding me that's what it was there's an event that only triggers at night time. I must have checked this spot atleast 10 different times i guess it was always during the day. The game doesn't even tell you anything other than putting a purple marker on the map. The least they could have done was put an active quest in your Quest menu telling you to visit this place at night or something.

DON'T BLINK

You gotta be kidding me that's what it was there's an event that only triggers at night time. I must have checked this spot atleast 10 different times i guess it was always during the day. The game doesn't even tell you anything other than putting a purple marker on the map. The least they could have done was put an active quest in your Quest menu telling you to visit this place at night or something.

Well at least you found it and now I know where to look when I start playing later tonight lol. Granted I haven't even started the main game yet so I'll have awhile to get there but still!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If you want you can add me and the game will let you use my Level 129 Pawn for free normally it would cost alot Rift points (Pawn currency)
    Last edited by Dragoon-Thomas; 04-25-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Haha that's actually pretty cool, but yeah it should be mentioned in quest description

DON'T BLINK

If you want you can add me and the game will let you use my Level 123 Pawn for free normally it would cost alot Rift points (Pawn currency)
    lol thanks, I may take you up on that!