Your Likes and Dislikes (Driver)

This is a discussion on Your Likes and Dislikes (Driver) within the Driver: San Francisco forum, part of the D; Just completed the story mode and got a few things to say. LIKES: I really liked the story itself, seemed ...

PRO Member

Your Likes and Dislikes (Driver)

Just completed the story mode and got a few things to say.

I really liked the story itself, seemed well planned out and kept me intrigued.
    How the cars are all licenced, nothing like launching an Aston Martin down the hills of San Fransisco.
    The in car and cutscenes in general, graphics were amazing.
    The abilities were a cool idea and not being able to get out the car made sense.
    UbiSoft fucking up when printing the online passes, so that now everyone gets it free

DISLIKES:
    You have the speed boost ability.... yet so does everyone you're racing??? How is that an advantage?
    The story mode was too short
    That's about it, loved the game other than that
    Last edited by ChrisValentine; 10-24-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Pretty much agree with you. The licensed cars is awesome. The story, albeit, a little out there, is actually original.
    My only complaint really, is the all-wheel drive cars handled worth crap. Maybe its the driver? IDK, but overall, Im glad I tried this game out. Oh, the only other complaint I have is sometimes its hard to find online matches. Again, maybe just me? I got it a week ago, and all I have left are the online trophies, so it can be frustrating trying to get those while grinding to lvl 38 and not being able to connect. This is gonna be a much easier grind though than Gran Turismo 5 lol

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I had concerns about the SHIFT mechanic at first - then I played through the story, and everything actually, well, made sense. It sounded stupid at first, but actually turned out to be pretty cool.

Especially towards the end

There's also nothing quite like being in a cop chase, and shifting to a semi in the oncoming lane and then plowing into the cops behind you, only to shift back to your car and escape. [There's also nothing worse than misjudging where your car is and hitting yourself with that semi.]

Multiplayer is fun - and it's rare that I ever enjoy multiplayer in a game ( I can actually count on my hands just how many games have multiplayer that I will still play. ), SHIFTing during races is an amazing amount of fun, and since everyone can do it, and you have to expend Ability to do so, it actually adds a bit of strategy to the races, those other than Classic/Sprint GP, that is.

I really like Takedown. More games should have a mode like that.

Overall the game is great - it's definitely no DRIV3R. I'm also glad it went back to the "don't leave the car" gameplay.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Loved the game 7.5/10

Hated when the scens cut from HD to like cartoon type looks

Boosting is used too much

Loved how many cars were unlocked

Lvl 7 - Gold

Licensed vehicles. Nothing worse than made up cars in games.
    Multiplayer. Lots of fun game modes to choose from. (also see dislikes...)
    Story. A bit short but highly original and intriguing.
    Music. The music on the game actually sucks imo but the game lets you play your own playlist from xmb during the game and even pauses the music for cutscenes.

Dislike:

Same as any multiplayer...the people. This is not the game's fault but the people online are more focused on hitting your car than driving. "Bumper cars" I like to call it.

And that's it! Great game and a 9.5/10 for me.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Multiplayer sucks

Rangers F.C

Is this game good ? was very interested in this till I played the demo and thought it looked poor , so decided against it because of my love for the original
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 1 - Bronze

some online trophies very annoying currently still trying to get capture the flag takes time
    Platinums
    Cars2 , Need For Speed Shift and undercover most wanted, Uncharted Drake's Fortune,sleeping dogs

Lvl 6 - Silver

I mostly agree with the op but I disliked being able to exit your car during races it just doesnt seem fair and at least they could have let us enter the car of who we were trying to beat because we could enter any car except the competitions

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Is this game good ? was very interested in this till I played the demo and thought it looked poor , so decided against it because of my love for the original
    I feel the game is good but I dont really think of it as a driver game I loved the original 2 but this is somewhat different but overall a good game

Legalize it...

To each his own I guess. I personally thought it was horrible and the story was stupid. Sure it was original but IDK, I thought it was stupid and the whole shifting thing was stupid IMO. The ONLY good thing I can say about the game is the graphics were amazing. Other than that I just found myself wanting to be done with it so I didnt buy it for no reason...