Octaking Help

This is a discussion on Octaking Help within the Duke Nukem Forever forum, part of the D; I'm been at this all day but I just cannot get past this. I'm currently on the Octaking boss battle ...

Gotham's Reckoning

Octaking Help

I'm been at this all day but I just cannot get past this. I'm currently on the Octaking boss battle on Insane and after ages and ages of playing it, I've finally beaten the the second phase but then the Octaking starts dragging me towards him and no matter how much button mashing I do, I just cannot fully deplete his health before he ends up exploding and therefore killing me. I've been playing this almost all day and the most I gotten his health down to was about a quarter. It is even possile to do it from the very start of checkpoint where he starts dragging me towards him or do I have to restart and do I have to restart and do it in one go without dying?

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Emperor

Duke Nukem Forever - How to beat the Octaking on Insane Difficulty - YouTube
    skip to 3:20 just keep shooting at the eyes area with the devastator
    Signature by Blacklisthunta

Toggle Spoiler

Gotham's Reckoning

I DON'T BELIEVE IT, I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!!! After hours of constantly dying, I've finally killed the prick. Thanks a lot man .

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18