Hackers stealing locked items in the Tavern

This is a discussion on Hackers stealing locked items in the Tavern within the Dungeon Defenders forum, part of the D; I've been playing LOTS of Dungeon Defenders on 360, and just recently got 100% I had been displaying my cooler ...

Negator

Hackers stealing locked items in the Tavern

I've been playing LOTS of Dungeon Defenders on 360, and just recently got 100%

I had been displaying my cooler looking weapons around my Tavern so that other players online could see my collection of nifty gear when we played multiplayer. You can of course lock the items in your Tavern so players can only look, and not steal the gear...however, it seems someone has found a way around that (on 360 at least).

A guy with zero Gamer Score entered my Tavern and took EVERY DISPLAY ITEM in a matter of seconds (and, yes - my items were locked). I reported him, but he's since been back on XBL multiple times without being banned.

The 'Secret Stash' room in the Tavern was untouched thankfully (online players cannot enter that area) - that's where I keep all my pets (they like to hang out on the sofa and watch the security camera).

Just a word of caution for anyone playing online with random players. I haven't heard of this issue on PC or PS3 yet, but I wanted to make everyone aware of the underhanded things that can happen (in any game) when playing with people you don't know.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

That's kind of funny... in a wrong sort of way... a virtual thief...

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    That's kind of funny... in a wrong sort of way... a virtual thief...
    I hope you find it as humorous if/when it happens to you. Losing over 40,000,000 credits worth of gear sure seems comical. . .

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

That sucks man. Have you been playing this game on the Ps3 by chance? I tried playing it online 1 time but it wasn't that fun with randoms, and me being lower level. And trying to play solo is near impossible. I'd like to get a group of friends to play from scratch, or lend a hand.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    That sucks man. Have you been playing this game on the Ps3 by chance? I tried playing it online 1 time but it wasn't that fun with randoms, and me being lower level. And trying to play solo is near impossible. I'd like to get a group of friends to play from scratch, or lend a hand.
    I own it for PS3 but have yet to start playing. Most everything can be done solo except a few challenges (Zippy Terror ). If you'd like to get together and run through campaign/challenges some time, hit me up on PSN.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I hope you find it as humorous if/when it happens to you. Losing over 40,000,000 credits worth of gear sure seems comical. . .
    I don't know the game, and I feel for you... that really sucks... I mean it... the visual of you locking down your gear and some dick somehow finding away to steal it... I'd want to beat his ass... I mean "funny" in a disbelief sort of way... in no way do I mean I'm laughing about your situation.

PRO Member

If you reported him its just a matter of time, they will find him they will remove him. Might not help but they are constantly removing cheaters

Since Aug. 09

if you guys ever get around to it, let me know id love to get in. lvl 40 now been playing solo, wow this game is tough as nails!

Dominate!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Closing this account

i think you need to open a personal "Can of Whoop Azz" on somebody. it sucks that you put so much time and effort into your gear and some lazy azz person just came in and "GOT YOU". online need better security quick.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    i think you need to open a personal "Can of Whoop Azz" on somebody. it sucks that you put so much time and effort into your gear and some lazy azz person just came in and "GOT YOU". online need better security quick.
    Thankfully, this is only an issue on 360. S3AN gave me some great info on the issue:

This is a result of a glitch caused from the removal of a USB storage device upon loading of the game. The individual(s) doing this glitch load their gamesave off a compatible USB storage device for the console and then immediately remove it upon loading up their gamesave. They then go on to create a generic blank playable character that has no stats or items. Ultimately, being able to join someone else's game and if the host has any locked items on the Tavern floor, the individual(s) has the ability to pick those items up.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLZ (who thinks he's hilarious) View Post

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by Shelyx (The Resident Tranny) View Post

Last edited by BALLZ; 01-26-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Lvl 9 - Gold

why are you trolling Ballz? Kinda childish of you

DON'T BLINK

Maybe he's been hacked?

Negator

Lol, he's just giving me shit. It's all good/clean fun.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Lol, he's just giving me shit. It's all good/clean fun.
    Yah my bad. didn't realize and got a PM from Ballz. Sorry

Since Aug. 09

is there a place to keep extra gear in the tavern besides the item box? just put it on the tavern floor and lock it? is that what you do with extra gear you dont wanna sell?

Dominate!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    is there a place to keep extra gear in the tavern besides the item box? just put it on the tavern floor and lock it? is that what you do with extra gear you dont wanna sell?
    That's what I do, yes. I just put any gear I want to keep on the tables in the Tavern as if they're on display. You can also put items in the 'secret' area of the Tavern and only local players will be allowed inside.