Farming for Giraffe on a Treadmill?

This is a discussion on Farming for Giraffe on a Treadmill? within the Dungeon Defenders forum, part of the D; So far, I've finally managed to get one but I'm not sure if it's a good one. I got it ...

Platinum

Farming for Giraffe on a Treadmill?

So far, I've finally managed to get one but I'm not sure if it's a good one. I got it on solo by playing Foundries and Forges on Easy mode. I have a good squire with lots of tower damage but even still it was very difficult to get because there was always a wave where one enemy was missing and I couldn't continue... It happened so many times, I do not know why.

My main question is if I decide to play on a higher difficulty by reaching wave 25 Pure Strategy/Survival, will I get a giraffe on a treadmill with more stats than that of easy mode or is it just the same chance? It didn't mention in the trophy guide. I might be able to do medium or hard wave 25, not insane though. Even still, is insane mode worth it?

I heard the fairy is really good too as a pet but I'm okay with my health part, I just want the enormous chunk of stats especially for either tower damage OR player damage. Oh and the game is too awesome, anyone who hasn't tried it should try it.
    Please no blank friend requests, otherwise I won't add them. Thanks!

PSN: Doksuri

Negator

The stats/upgrades of all items in the game are random, but playing on harder difficulties will net you a higher chance for better stats.

I don't recommend playing any of the standard maps, because they take way too long. Mistymire Forest is by far the best for Pure Strategy, and can be completed on Hard in under 3 hours. Before the last wave starts, bring in 3 additional controllers (preferably with Huntress or Apprentice Guardians equipped) so you can get 3 additional giraffes.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    The stats/upgrades of all items in the game are random, but playing on harder difficulties will net you a higher chance for better stats.

I don't recommend playing any of the standard maps, because they take way too long. Mistymire Forest is by far the best for Pure Strategy, and can be completed on Hard in under 3 hours. Before the last wave starts, bring in 3 additional controllers (preferably with Huntress or Apprentice Guardians equipped) so you can get 3 additional giraffes.
    I heard Mistymire Forest is the best place for giraffe farming, but it's just because I don't own it. I might have to buy it just for that, haha. I didn't even know we can bring controllers during the game, I thought you can only bring more before you start it. Thanks again for your help, I'm going to try your way.
    Please no blank friend requests, otherwise I won't add them. Thanks!

PSN: Doksuri

Negator

If you use the same trick to bring in 3 additional controllers on wave 20, you can get 4 Kairi the Brave, which is another exceptionally powerful pet.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

KCCO!

It should be noted that if you have 3 separate controllers (4 total) you're good either way. If you have less than 4, you can still bring in 3 additional characters by re-assigning the controller each time. This can only be done by playing ONLINE, though. If you do it offline, you're limited to the number of physical controllers you have ... just a tip.

As far as what Helyx has said, he's spot on.