Farming godly armor

This is a discussion on Farming godly armor within the Dungeon Defenders forum, part of the D; I still need godly armor for the respective trophy and also want to farm some good equipments to maximize my ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Farming godly armor

I still need godly armor for the respective trophy and also want to farm some good equipments to maximize my squire and my huntress. I think I'm not good enough to solo Glitterhelm Caverns on insane and it takes a lot of time anyway even to setup the initial defense before the first wave so I thought I'll do The Ramparts on insane instead.

Is is a reasonable level to farm for godly armor? Is there at all any difference in terms of equipment drop quality between the 3 crystal levels and Glitterhelm Caverns on insane?

Negator

Ramparts are as good for top tier armor of all types, including Godly. I may still have some godly armor if you need to piece together a set.

The best armor in the game (minus DLC) will still come from Glitterhelm Caverns.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

I have only two pieces so far, one of mail and one of chain armor. I played ramparts a few time now and I got one godly armor piece from a chest but the monster drops where never better than polished or shining. I played split screen with 2 characters to level my 3rd and 4rd huntress up (they're in the 30s now).

I read the drop rate will favor the lowest level character in the party. Is that true? As the best drops seem to come from chests that makes me thing I should just play the first wave of Endless Spires with my level 72 huntress over and over again because I'll always have four chests after the first wave and there are only 25 monsters so one run doesn't take longer than a few minutes (if at all). I think I'll farm on Glitterhelm Caverns a bit with my brother next weekend. Will be better to support my squire with a huntress and from second wave on go with two huntresses all the time to cover the big area.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I can answer my question myself here: Farming using a high level huntress on Endless Spires by only playing the first wave, opening all chests and restarting the level netted me 6 godly armor items in the past 45 minutes, it's definitely the best method I currently know.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by i667090375202107 View Post
    I can answer my question myself here: Farming using a high level huntress on Endless Spires by only playing the first wave, opening all chests and restarting the level netted me 6 godly armor items in the past 45 minutes, it's definitely the best method I currently know.
    That's pretty much the method I use on Mistymire Forest DLC.

Change difficulty to Insane+, change game mode to Survival, and don't touch any chests the first wave and just kill all enemies with your weapons alone. This has provided me with several armor pieces of all types with 100+ upgrade levels.

I read the drop rate will favor the lowest level character in the party. Is that true?

This is speculation amongst the DunDef community. Trendy has mentioned several times that all item drops are random, and the only real modifier for changing their value is the difficulty setting.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay