Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pet/Familiar discussion - which do you find most useful?

This is a discussion on Pet/Familiar discussion - which do you find most useful? within the Dungeon Defenders forum, part of the D; Even though I have spent quite a bit of time with the game, I by far don't feel like a ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Pet/Familiar discussion - which do you find most useful?

Even though I have spent quite a bit of time with the game, I by far don't feel like a savant on it. But I would like to get closer to that.

So I would like to expand my knowledge by discussion. What pets do you feel are most useful, what do they do, how do you think they are best upgraded, etc. ?

I'll start with a tidbit that I liked so far (There is a nice guide out: Yorai's Catch'em'all Guide)

Genie

Absolutely a blast for the Huntress, because for every kill you make, you receive Mana. That means you have absolutely no trouble "auto-firing" Piercing Shot, because it refills the Mana Gauge automatically.

You get the Genie if you reach lvl 15 in the Hall of Court.

This is just a little tidbit to get any discussion going (hopefully drawing more people in here for a PS3 only discussion.

Word is Bond

I keep 2 major types of pets depending on the type of character I'm using. For my inactive character that I use only to build towers, I prefer any passive pet with a base stat of 10+ in either the attack range or attack speed.

For active characters (attacking characters) I prefer single projectile attackers or a passive pet with base stats starting at 10 for the character attack.

Your tip for the Genie with the Huntress is very useful, but just to clarify, you get the Genie by reaching wave 15 in Pure Strategy mode on Hall of Court. Most pets come from Pure Strategy wave 15, so while time consuming it ends up being useful in the long run...especially since you need all pets for .

Lvl 3 - Bronze

You receive most pets after successfully finishing wave 14 of either Pure Strategy of Survival Mode:

1. The Deeper Well - Griffon
    2. Foundries & Forges - Steam Robot
    3. Magus Quarters - Serpent
    4. Alchemical Laboratory - Laser Robot (the "official one" for the Pets trophy)
    5. Servants Quarters - Hamster (the "official one" for the Pets trophy)
    6. Castle Armory - Tiger
    7. Hall of Court - Genie
    8. The Throne Room - DarkBot (looks like Laser Robot, but doesn't count towards Pets trophy)
    9. Royal Gardens - Fairy (Kiari the Brave from the DLC is the better fairy, but doesn't count towards pet trophy).
    10. The Ramparts - Hawk
    11. Endless Spires - Imp
    12. The Summit - Dragon
    13. Glitterhelm Caverns - Hamster (doesn't count as a Hamster towards the Pets trophy)

Since Aug. 09

havent saw my favorite pet mentioned yet, Kairi the Brave fairy. you get her after reaching wave 20 survival in mistymire forest. all stats on her start at +20. shes a beast! edit shes mentioned in the post above, but yea she dominates, if i can ever get to wave 30 theres a giraffe waiting with +30 stats.

Dominate!

Chuck Norris Approved.

Fairy first then second would be a giraffe I use for my tower build squire. Mainly use the fairy so I don't have to heal myself that often.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Crocodile Hunter

I only use giraffe and always have a steady pile to 10+ giraffe in case i need them

Asside from that i guess i can use a kairi if i want but only for fucking round on monster fest with no towers.

also i know this is a wayy old thread i just want to annoy the guys because i have like 20+ giraffe

Sig by Apokolypz

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    ... also i know this is a wayy old thread i just want to annoy the guys because i have like 20+ giraffe
    and I can't get one? stingy bastard <_<

KCCO!

Guess I can make a post on topic. With my DPS Huntress, I usually go with a Kairi. Has decent stats and auto-healing is nice. As of right now, for my Tower Squire, I'm using a guardian with most points in TA (or is it TH? ). Other builds just have some random pets that have been leved up to the particular build's strength.

Since Aug. 09

scored me a 86^ giraffe...cant use it till lvl 78

Dominate!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    scored me a 86^ giraffe...cant use it till lvl 78
    How bitter-sweet!

Guess that's all the more reason to grind out that XP.

Word is Bond

Giraffe, Kairi, Genie, Imp, Chicken...can't think of another worth using.

Crocodile Hunter

I can give you guys an average Giraffe if you want, dnt have too many pre-patch perfect giraffes. I gave wargasm one after he winged bout it for hours last night even tho he dnt need one lol

Sig by Apokolypz

KCCO!

I can give you guys an average Giraffe if you want, dnt have too many pre-patch perfect giraffes. I gave wargasm one after he winged bout it for hours last night even tho he dnt need one lol
    Did my first Mistymire Pure Strat run last night, and wound up with a Lvl 78 Giraffe with 73^.

Word is Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Did my first Mistymire Pure Strat run last night, and wound up with a Lvl 78 Giraffe with 73^.
    You got a level 78 Giraffe, but it only has 73 upgrade levels?

Chuck Norris Approved.

You little lying aussie fucker lol. Also for Helyx I want trendy to make Ruckus a in game pet. Only thing is he would only eat, shit and sleep the whole game.

Word is Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    I want trendy to make Ruckus a in game pet. Only thing is he would only eat, shit and sleep the whole game.

He'd basically be a giraffe (stats-wise) but would occasionally wake up and shit on your shoulder, chase his tail then go back to sleep.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    You got a level 78 Giraffe, but it only has 73 upgrade levels?
    Yeah, that's what I said.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Think Hit means you need to be lvl 78 to use it. Also speaking off shit Helyx scored me a donkey last night. Fucking cracks me up best pet ever! Well not use wise but for humor.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Wargazsem View Post
    Think Hit means you need to be lvl 78 to use it. Also speaking off shit Helyx scored me a donkey last night. Fucking cracks me up best pet ever! Well not use wise but for humor.
    Yeah, that's what I mean. I assume Helyx meant that a lvl 78 Giraffe would have like 80+ upgrade levels, not just 73.

A donkey? DD has a donkey in the game?

Chuck Norris Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yeah, that's what I mean. I assume Helyx meant that a lvl 78 Giraffe would have like 80+ upgrade levels, not just 73.A donkey? DD has a donkey in the game?
    Yup, pure strat on morrago desert. I will show you tonight when I get home from work midnight my time 11pm your time also have a few weapons to show you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast