Platinum Pointers

This is a discussion on Platinum Pointers within the EA Sports Active 2 forum, part of the E; After receiving this brutal grind of a platinum on the weekend, I wanted to share a few things with others ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Platinum Pointers

After receiving this brutal grind of a platinum on the weekend, I wanted to share a few things with others who are going for this rare platinum.

For starters, I'll post below a few stats which may help in gaining a sense of how close (or far away) you are to the platinum; and the few others who have achieved this platinum, perhaps you could also post your stats below.

Total calories burned: 58,648.3

Total time spent playing: 116:12:42*
    *I think this is very inaccurate, as I don't believe it counts the time it takes to load between activities (which adds up). More importantly, it doesn't count the amount of pre- and post-prep time involved in working out. For example, I'd add an additional 10mins to get prepared (i.e. setting everything up) and another 15-20mins to clean-up (i.e. put away the equipment and shower). Therefore, for a standard 50min workout (which is what I typically spent doing a designated set of exercises), you'd be looking at about roughly 1.5hrs of total time dedicated to the game.

Total miles (all activities): 1991.5miles

Gauge Points: 10,275

Now for a few pointers, to be taken for whatever they're worth:

1) Haven't received the online-only trophy yet and want the platinum? Then QUIT! For those just starting out, the platinum is impossible to obtain as the online servers have been taken down, thus making one of the trophies inaccessible.

2) Don't focus on one activity at a time. Try to at least incorporate 2 of however remaining activities there are into a single workout session. I preferred to go 5 Fitness Trail then 3 of any other exercise remaining on the list (e.g. push-ups, mountain biking, mountain biking, etc.). I know if will take longer for a single exercise to get the trophy, but going all for one will likely lead to burn-out and cause a lot of pain to your body.

3) Speaking of pain to the body, doing the big three will eventually lead to soreness in your calves, lower back, neck, shins, etc., and I'm not talking the good kind that you get after a great workout. Grinding for the big three is not a healthy thing for the body (you'd be better off just doing the actual exercises as it would be much better on your body and for your body), and you are likely to require some form of physio if you stick to this repeatedly. Though to be fair, I did add weights to the fitness trail runs, so that likely aggravated my injuries for repetitious movements.

4) Entertain yourself! You will go half insane if you just watch the screen all the time - THERE'S ONLY SO MANY TIMES I COULD LOOK AT THE DESERT BEFORE I THOUGHT I WAS LOST IN A HAMSTER BALL! I recommend playing movies or tv shows on a laptop and watching those while you do the workouts, as it's the only way to take some of this edge off. I got caught up on a LOT of shows!

5) The bar is NOT frozen. No matter how many times you look at it and convince yourself that it's going nowhere, it really is moving. I recommend checking your progress weekly (I even forced myself to do it at the end of a month once), as that way you will at least be able to notice it moving (if only minutely). I created a chart on the wall and measured (yes using a measuring tape) each week how far along I was and then divided that by the total length of the progress bar (which is 6.5" btw) to get a percentage total of how far along I was. This way, at least you can confirm with yourself that it is in fact moving along, however slow that may be.

6) Take a sabbatical! I couldn't stand doing this in the summer as I love trail running during that time, so I made a point of only working out indoors once a week in the summer and then went full-bore once the fall came along. At this point I was rejuvenated and willing to go the extra mile to finish this.

7) Expect additional costs. You will be going through many packs of AAA batteries. My guess would be approximately 50 AAA batteries throughout the entire process. One interesting thing I did learn though as that the Dollar Store batteries seemed to last just as long as the ones from any electronics store; though I still don't believe that Panasonic batteries at the Dollar Store are actually official Panasonic batteries.

I hope that helps. For any additional tips or questions, feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by LiquidWeapon; 01-16-2013 at 08:07 PM.

illegal in 9 countries

Good info, thanks for posting.

You might want to bold #6 or better still, move it to #1 to save those who don't have the online trophy the effort of reading through the entire post.

You also missed the word "online" in "only online trophy"

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Good info, thanks for posting.

You might want to bold #6 or better still, move it to #1 to save those who don't have the online trophy the effort of reading through the entire post.

You also missed the word "online" in "only online trophy"
    Good advice and thanks for catching the omission of 'online' in 'online-only'...that's pretty important to keep in mind